Video: Drunk foreigner arrested after kicking in window at the cells of Pattaya police station

webfact

Video: Drunk foreigner arrested after kicking in window at the cells of Pattaya police station

3pm_VI.jpg

Picture: Ruk Siam News

Pattaya police are investigating after a drunk foreigner - dressed only in jeans shorts - kicked in a window at the police station cells.

He then fled to the area of the beer garden at Central where security tracked his movements and alerted the cops.

Pol Capt Jakkrit Jantakham led a patrol that arrived to arrest the man in a bar area near to the police station. 

He was incoherent and police could not be sure what had happened. 

51495278_2339485936084727_3574964622085586944_n.jpg

Picture: Ruk Siam News

He was taken to hospital and they hope all will become clear when he sobers up. 

A plastic bag containing alcohol and other items was found by the cells. There was also a lot of blood there and in the beer garden. 

He had injured his right ankle in the kick of the window that smashed into pieces. 

No name or a nationality was given in the incident just after midnight this morning. 

Source: Ruk Siam News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-13

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing has changed in Pattaya since the 1980s when I first visited.

If anything, the police are more tolerant today. If a farang smashed a police window back then he would of copped a flogging for sure. I remember a farang sitting by himself in a Pattaya 2rd  bar and suddenly a gang of Thais pounced and bashed him into the next IceAge. Only some tourists who intervened saved his life. 

Drunk agro farang seem to get treated softer these days . Can't see it lasting.

3 hours ago, Lucius verus said:

If anything, the police are more tolerant today. If a farang smashed a police window back then he would of copped a flogging for sure. I remember a farang sitting by himself in a Pattaya 2rd  bar and suddenly a gang of Thais pounced and bashed him into the next IceAge. Only some tourists who intervened saved his life. 

I think the police are only more tolerant because of cell phone cameras. Works both ways, easier to catch the "bad" guys, and more appropriate response when they do. 

4 hours ago, SammyT said:

To be honest, every time I read someone on here bleating about how Thailand needs his expat/retirement dollars, I always picture someone like this guy...

image.png.74c076b45795a805991d0c87de5afd60.png

Thats funny, every time i see stuff like this.

Blondish hair.

Drunk as 10 men.

Very badly dressed ( out of fashion )

Doing very stupid stuff, that most drunks would not do. ( hanging around police stations.) 

I think of Norwegian tourists. 

3 hours ago, mikebell said:

They have windows in cells?  

Sure do!  Usually a small vertical window 10cm wide by 100cm long. The one in the picture below is quite large.  You aren't going to be able to kick it out either if it's a proper cell window.  The broken window that was in the story does not look like a cell window at all.  Image result for prison cell door with vertical window

5 hours ago, Lucius verus said:

Been coming here 19 years , had friends drink themselves unconscious.  Slept at jail overnight, police asked them in morning ÿou know where is your hotel? Let them go, no fine ,no arrest  Circa 2001---20002 

5 hours ago, Lucius verus said:

Nothing like that would happen in our home country.

There is poor white trash, and then there is this guy. Definitely, no benefit to having guys like him around. Have him pay for damages, jail sentence until his visa has expired, deport and blacklist him. All for the betterment of Thailand tourism.

Archived