Big Joke: Swedes arrested after quarter of a billion baht money laundering operation

webfact

Big Joke: Swedes arrested after quarter of a billion baht money laundering operation

5pm.jpg

Picture: INN

Immigration chief Lt-Gen Surachate Hakparn announced the arrest of two Swedish nationals wanted by the Swedish authorities for involvement in a large international money laundering operation. 

Bo Karl Robin Lundholm, 38, was arrested at the end of Sukhumvit Soi 31 in Bangkok in November. 

On hearing the news his accomplice in crime Jan Olof Norlander, 51, fled the capital.

He was found hiding in Bung Sam Phan district of Petchabun.

They are wanted by the Swedes for laundering 68,000,000 Swedish krona that INN said was about 248 million Thai baht.

The crime took place between January 2016 and April 2018. 

Both the men had had their passports annulled by the Swedish authorities and requested their capture and  extradition.

Lt-Gen Surachate - speaking under a banner that proclaimed " Efficient Service, Standardized Practice, Security Awareness - asked the public to give him a call if they suspect wrong doing. 

Source: INN

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-13

Off the top of my head, I can think of better countries to wash money. The fact that you need your passport and/or ID to exchange foreign currency in the first place and a lot more additional paperwork to send it out from the country. 

I kind of think that Thailand is probably where these guys were based/hiding and not where they operated their actual washing business. Could be wrong. 

Archived