"Fatty" at the bakery falls down a drain while posting on social media

webfact

6pm.jpg

Rescue teams were called to an area near a bakery after a large woman fell six to eight meters down a cement pipe. 

Panhathai, 27, - who sells cakes at the Bing Su bakery in Trang - was standing on a drain cover posting pictures on social media, said her friend. 

They had been for a break before start of work. The cover gave way under the 80 kilogram weight of the staffer and she fell down the 80 centimeter pipe and got wedged in. 

Fortunately the Kuson Sathan Trang foundation and 1669 rescue were soon on the scene. 

They used the skills of a thin member of staff and a harness to haul up the victim who had passed out but had kept breathing thanks in part to bakery staff members who had directed a fan at her. 

She was not badly injured - just cuts and bruises that were treated in hospital.

Sanook called her a fatty. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-13

8 minutes ago, webfact said:

the victim who had passed out but had kept breathing thanks in part to bakery staff members who had directed a fan at her.

Really?  The quick thinking of a bakery staff directing a fan at her kept her breathing???

image.jpeg.79ea088fc005ee78872ae7c7163d4040.jpeg

6pm.jpg.184a928c65a3e9d8cb1e9b2968575199.jpg

Rescue teams were called to an area near a bakery after a large woman fell six to eight meters down a cement pipe. 

Panhathai, 27, - who sells cakes at the Bing Su bakery in Trang - was standing on a drain cover posting pictures on social media, said her friend. 

They had been for a break before start of work. The cover gave way under the 80 kilogram weight of the staffer and she fell down the 80 centimeter pipe and got wedged in. 

Fortunately the Kuson Sathan Trang foundation and 1669 rescue were soon on the scene. 

They used the skills of a thin member of staff and a harness to haul up the victim who had passed out but had kept breathing thanks in part to bakery staff members who had directed a fan at her. 

She was not badly injured - just cuts and bruises that were treated in hospital.

Sanook called her a fatty. 

Source: Sanook

thai%2Bvisa_news.jpg&key=07605ee8009e033e42aebb80e2dcd682bb500b914912a36112e686ab3ed5fbdc
-- [emoji2398] Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-13
[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If the cover gave way under 80kg of weight, I'm gonna pick that 90% of the people who come on here and laugh at her also would have broken it. 

Every time I think TVF is slowly becoming a decent news source, I see an article like this and shake my head...

2 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

Not even close, ever been to a Walmart in the west? One of the first things my wife said when arriving in Canada, why everyone so big? lol

Yeh but it won't take long with the consumption of all that regurgitated dross from 7/11.

Get your point though re America.

One difference is that fat kids here and in China are a show of 'wealth' and people see it as being cute. 

15 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

yea the repeated insult is rich considering the English news writers come from countries where obesity is epidemic - lol 

Yes, apparently there is an Obesity epidemic in Thailand...

12 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Then sanook is a contemptible organisation.

It's a Thai organisation. Perfectly acceptable here to call someone "fatty". My wife calls her eldest son Fatty. Always has done. When I first met him, I pulled her up about it, I told her that it wasn't very nice to call her son fatty. She called him into the room and explained what I had said to him. They both had a good laugh about it and really couldn't see my point.

Thais can be quite deprecating to each other without any offence given and none taken.

My wife's friends call her Midget. She doesn't have a problem with it.

30 minutes ago, Spidey said:

It's a Thai organisation. Perfectly acceptable here to call someone "fatty". My wife calls her eldest son Fatty. Always has done. When I first met him, I pulled her up about it, I told her that it wasn't very nice to call her son fatty. She called him into the room and explained what I had said to him. They both had a good laugh about it and really couldn't see my point.

Thais can be quite deprecating to each other without any offence given and none taken.

My wife's friends call her Midget. She doesn't have a problem with it.

Still contemptible as far as I'm concerned.

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Still contemptible as far as I'm concerned.

That's because you don't understand the culture here. You are judging people with your Western upbringing.

That's pretty contemptable in itself.

14 minutes ago, Spidey said:

That's because you don't understand the culture here. You are judging people with your Western upbringing.

That's pretty contemptable in itself.

I judge on what is right and wrong...and contemptible.

I didn't leave my values at immigration...

Archived