All this for 6,900 baht a night - pool villa from hell greets Thai tourists

webfact

All this for 6,900 baht a night - pool villa from hell greets Thai tourists

7pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A group of nine Thais were furious after they went to a pool villa in Cha-Am and it was not like the advertising. 

They had been promised a karaoke, wi-fi, snooker table, self-catering and a lovely barbecue. 

What they got was a filthy kitchen, useless air-conditioning, a pool with green water and rips, stains and trash everywhere. 

It had set them back 6,900 baht for nine people for the night, reported Sanook.

The disgruntled customers complained on chat but were met with excuse after excuse from the renter who seemed bemused by their complaints. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-13

Personally I'm opposed to using houses in residential areas as hotels. I live on a Soi in South Pattaya that has one of these. Most patrons staying there are quiet and well behaved. But there have been many times when they have not been. They yell and scream at the top of their drunk lungs well into the early morning (3-4am). My lady Thai neighbors are afraid to confront them. I'm not! But their noise rarely wakes me up as I'm down the block about 30 meters. If I lived directly across from them, I'd find a way to get their attention. Cut off water, electricity, lock them into their party house, or a myriad of other nasty things. I've been able to contact the owner thru their listing on Hotels.com and AirBnB. He's Thai and writes good English. He's been helpful, but it does continue from time to time. Calling the police is pointless and useless. Night time noise curfews are the answer, from 11pm to 6am. But what can we really do? After all, TIT.

2 hours ago, ehs818 said:

But what can we really do? After all, TIT.

I agree that is an appalling thing to happen and one that should be strictly banned. There are houses in villages very near my condo that are used in the same way, and I know people in other condo buildings that have to put up with the noise pretty much every weekend.

My suggestion is to complain in writing to City Hall and to the Public Health department. Proper detailed records are vital for the complaint and with this sort of thing taking a video on a phone may be possible.

this is why i finally sold my nice house.

You can complain but nothing will happen .

The home owner makes big money and gives a big piece  to the police ( obortor)

The police will come and smile .....and the circus can start again.

In my case even the army came and arrested 20 people high on drugs.......next day another group

came in the party house and kept the street awake the whole night.

Here you can do what you want ....if you pay off the right people.

The home owner makes about 7000bht minimum/day .4 days a week they are full.

This is 28 000 bht a week .......112 000 bht a month is the minimum you make.

Most sell food and drinks and make a nice profit on this also .

to clean up the house they ask 5000 bht in advance.

Impossible to fight against it .

It is called "hotel" and that's where people take temporary refuge for a vacation/break. Everything else would be mid or long term, weekends do not count as the latter.

It does, however, not justify being cheated out of the deal. Go, picture all that stuff and put it on social media all over the place including that place where they found the golden opportunity in the first place ???? 

8 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Is that 6,900 each or a group booking? If they only paid 767 baht each they should stop bitching.

Not that complicated and has nothing to do with the price - it's the broken promises that sucks ..... :coffee1:

17 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

What is it, 2-3 bedrooms? for nine? Looks that way probably from groups of animals trashing it partying. Why would the owners fix it up just to be destroyed again? What's that work out to - 700bt a head, big spenders lol

The article focused on the condition of the property, money paid, misrepresentation and not all of the "why's", that peppered your critical reply. 

1 hour ago, rainman333 said:

horrible logic.  how long have you been in Thailand? maybe it's taking a toll on you ????

At least there were not ducks in the pool.

They should get Trading standards involved. Simply awful!

A Thai who owned the house next to mine tried this overnight rental a couple of times.

He gave up after the second group complained about the old farang next door, his music was too loud :cheesy:

You have to fight fire with fire and a few expats who like to party  :whistling:

If there are a bunch of over noisy drug-sex parties going on in a residential rented area, a quick call to the friendly local station (from a public call booth), saying that a group of Nigerians on a 10 year overstay are partying the the villa with georgeous young thai ladies, would rapidly solve the problem !! ????

Archived