AIS-No more unlimited pkgs?

The unlimited AIS packages 4Mbps & 6 Mbps with no data limit appear to have vanished.  They have been replaced with low max speed data limits then throttling plus the prices are higher.  Anyone know if the old monthly 6Mbps 550baht unlimited code *777*7209# still works?

• Confused 1

Yes, still works if your SIM was activated before the 1st of February 2019.
Thanks mate , all very confusing, do you know if I just top ups 100 baht and return from overseas in 4 months , that it still will be available.My 6mbps package finished last week and as I'm leaving next week I didn't renew

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Since I don't work with the networks, I cannot know the answer to your question.

Just go to the orange machines outside 7/11 or Family Mart and top up 12 baht as many times as it takes to move the SIM validity to a year.
Then at least your SIM will still be alive when you return.
Thanks mate

15 days ago I made the promotion to 1 mbps unlimited for 6 months at 600 Baht on my wife's phone, yesterday I tried to do it on my own but I can not find it anymore, I tried both with the APP and on the site. P.S. my sim has been active for more than 9 years. Other companies (true / dtac) have unlimited offers at a similar price? I already have fiber at home I would not be spending too much)

38 minutes ago, gaviolit said:

15 days ago I made the promotion to 1 mbps unlimited for 6 months at 600 Baht on my wife's phone, yesterday I tried to do it on my own but I can not find it anymore, I tried both with the APP and on the site. P.S. my sim has been active for more than 9 years. Other companies (true / dtac) have unlimited offers at a similar price? I already have fiber at home I would not be spending too much)

Not true, as Truemove H has done the same thing, for SIMs registered  from the 1st of Feb.

So, only DTAC is left.

Your SIMs should be fine, click through as normal here; https://m.ais.co.th/ontop-package-myais

If that doesn't work for you, tap in the code directly...

20 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Not true, as Truemove H has done the same thing, for SIMs registered  from the 1st of Feb.

So, only DTAC is left.

Your SIMs should be fine, click through as normal here; https://m.ais.co.th/ontop-package-myais

If that doesn't work for you, tap in the code directly...

I found it, that s is crazy, since yesterday I try in the same way, even the girls of the shop AIS did not find it in the app of my number, 10 minutes ago, I redid everything in the same way and I found it, done immediately! amazing thailand ...

51 minutes ago, Na Fan said:

What I've found is that all of these so-called "unlimited" packages are really false advertising. From what I've seen, all of those packages come with a set limit of data for which you get the full speed, and once you hit that data limit you're getting throttled.

Nothing to do with "unlimited".

Ironically, that isn't actually documented alongside those offers. Found out only after a couple call center calls.

No they dont. There are real unlimited packages.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gaviolit said:

i confirm, AIS it s real unlimited, just choose the speed (512 - 1 mbps - 4 or 10 mbps) 

I think he is referring to the new packages you'll find now on the AIS website and promoted in the shops. It looks like packages for newly activated sim cards have a data limit now and the reduced speed after that is abysmal (64mbps, 386 etc). 

• Like 2

On 2/13/2019 at 1:26 PM, gaviny said:

The unlimited 1,4 and 6mbps on 6 or 12 months package , I'm referring too.

On this page you'll find 

Internet Non Stop Max Speed - 4G/3G - 8 GB Data Limit Validity 30 days - 799 THB

2GB / 30 Days - 249 THB

Plus a load of other packages, just pick the one that suits your use case.

2 hours ago, gaviolit said:

I found it, that s is crazy, since yesterday I try in the same way, even the girls of the shop AIS did not find it in the app of my number, 10 minutes ago, I redid everything in the same way and I found it, done immediately! amazing thailand ...

I think they hide it away deliberately.

3 hours ago, Na Fan said:

What I've found is that all of these so-called "unlimited" packages are really false advertising. From what I've seen, all of those packages come with a set limit of data for which you get the full speed, and once you hit that data limit you're getting throttled.

Nothing to do with "unlimited".

Ironically, that isn't actually documented alongside those offers. Found out only after a couple call center calls.

Absolutely right. Thais need to consult a dictionary to see what unlimited means, or they are guilty of false advertising. But that is only in the headline. Look into the small print and they own up. So, they say it's unlimited and then they tell you there is a limit. As for offers, they seem to change monthly so it's a question of checking their website for the latest deal.

I bought the 4 mbps unlimited use one year prepaid sim from True and paid 990 baht for one full year of unlimited internet and i share my internet trought wifi using 4 devices connected and never have any problem with slow internet. For my girlfriend i bought the 6 months 200GB plus 100 GB youtube prepaid simcard from true that she can use internet when we are not at the same place at the same time. Her prepaid 6 months 300 GB sim costs less than 200 baht. To get these prices you have to buy from shopee and look for FLASH SALE. About once a week it is possible to buy at these extremly low prices. I dont need broadband i am fully satisfied with my 4 mbps mobile internet sim and we have at most used 1500GB in one month!

2 hours ago, deux said:

I think he is referring to the new packages you'll find now on the AIS website and promoted in the shops. It looks like packages for newly activated sim cards have a data limit now and the reduced speed after that is abysmal (64mbps, 386 etc). 

They had a unlimited max speed for 1500bht.

Is that one also gone?

It does indeed look like the unlimited packages of AIS and True are gone.

Dtac increased their prices drastically, 4mbps is now 650 per month + vat: http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/go-no-limit.html

Seems like there were too many people using too much bandwidth with these packages

Until not long ago when you made a fibre internet contract with True you got a 4 mbps unlimited sim card for free, now they also changed this to a sim card with a limited amount of traffic: http://trueonline.truecorp.co.th/package

Same for AIS Fibre packages which came with a 4mbps unlimited sim card before, they now have limits: http://www.ais.co.th/fibre/en/package_power4maxx.html

Edited by jackdd

31 minutes ago, jackdd said:

It does indeed look like the unlimited packages of AIS and True are gone.

Dtac increased their prices drastically, 4mbps is now 650 per month + vat: http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/go-no-limit.html

Seems like there were too many people using too much bandwidth with these packages

Until not long ago when you made a fibre internet contract with True you got a 4 mbps unlimited sim card for free, now they also changed this to a sim card with a limited amount of traffic: http://trueonline.truecorp.co.th/package

Same for AIS Fibre packages which came with a 4mbps unlimited sim card before, they now have limits: http://www.ais.co.th/fibre/en/package_power4maxx.html

No, this is quite wrong.

DTAC are the only ones who have not changed their tariffs. Your link is simmply the wrong one. You link if for a data and calls bundle.

Data only is here; http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/net-no-limit.html

Same price as always.

As are AIS and TruemoveH prices, for SIMs registered before the 1st of Feb.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I am new to the Sim card and internet use. All I know is that 5 months ago I have been buying a new sim and no limit on data at speeds around 3-4 Mbps for 149 Bhat. Now in March AIS said it is no longer available. They offered me something for one month for 399 plus vat 427 Bhat. I thought I was getting the same 149 Bhat deal for 427 Bhat. But I was wrong after 5 GB of data my speed dropped to 128kb.  I use close to one GB a day. So 5 days into the one month deal I am out of internet now. I finally got here to the forum trying to seek help as to how I can prevent myself from making the same mistake of not knowing the concept of data volume and net speed. I realized now that what I need is a net speed of 1-4 Mbps but unlimited data volume, good for 30 days, which I have been getting all along the past few months. Could the members of the forum please be kind enough to guide me through the process of getting an internet connection with slower speeds like 1-4 Mbps but unlimited data from one of the 3 vendors available. Thanking you all

1 hour ago, Ravi98008 said:

Hello everyone,

I am new to the Sim card and internet use. All I know is that 5 months ago I have been buying a new sim and no limit on data at speeds around 3-4 Mbps for 149 Bhat. Now in March AIS said it is no longer available. They offered me something for one month for 399 plus vat 427 Bhat. I thought I was getting the same 149 Bhat deal for 427 Bhat. But I was wrong after 5 GB of data my speed dropped to 128kb.  I use close to one GB a day. So 5 days into the one month deal I am out of internet now. I finally got here to the forum trying to seek help as to how I can prevent myself from making the same mistake of not knowing the concept of data volume and net speed. I realized now that what I need is a net speed of 1-4 Mbps but unlimited data volume, good for 30 days, which I have been getting all along the past few months. Could the members of the forum please be kind enough to guide me through the process of getting an internet connection with slower speeds like 1-4 Mbps but unlimited data from one of the 3 vendors available. Thanking you all

Do you have an existing SIM that was registered before the 1st of February?

If you do, just top up at least 321 baht tap in *777*7153# and then the dial button for 1 Mbps unlimited or top up 535 baht and then *777*7159# for 4 Mbps

If you are staying longer than two months, then think about a six month package. 1 Mbps for six months is 642 baht inclusive.

Edited by KneeDeep

6 hours ago, Ravi98008 said:

Thank you KneeDeep, I am here on a retirement Visa. I will seek your help after my attempt.

As long as you obtained and registered your SIM prior to the 1st of Feb this year, the codes above will work fine.

But if you are here on a retirement visa, then perhaps you need a longer term package, which works out a lot cheaper on a monthly basis.

Six months of 1 Mbps(0.125 MB/s) Internet costs just 642 baht. Twelve months 1284 baht.

Six months of 4 Mbps(0.5 MB/s) Internet costs just 1498 baht. Twelve months 2675 baht.

Six months of 6 Mbps(0.75 MB/s) Internet costs just 1926 baht. Twelve months 3745 baht.

Which suits you best?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ravi98008 said:

Hello everyone,

Just buy this Sim card: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/4mbps-1-3g4g-i257626141-s396924058.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.3.6cca7705MBfYx1&search=1

When it arrives you have to activate it in a True shop. 12 months of 4mbps unlimited internet, so effectively 100 baht per month. For calling you have to top up money like any other prepaid sim card

16 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Just buy this Sim card: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/4mbps-1-3g4g-i257626141-s396924058.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.3.6cca7705MBfYx1&search=1

When it arrives you have to activate it in a True shop. 12 months of 4mbps unlimited internet, so effectively 100 baht per month. For calling you have to top up money like any other prepaid sim card

The 'problem' with that solution is that once that year is up, there will be no more of those SIM and the OP will have only the poor package option. So, if he does go with the Truemove H SIM, he should take steps to keep the current AIS SIM active throughout the year, in so he can avail himself of the long term AIS packages above in the future.

On the other hand, the Truemove H SIM may still be open to the older Truemove H packages.

So good solution, but keep the current AIS SIM active if it was originally obtained and registered before the 1st of Feb.