BANGKOK
texanaust

AIS-No more unlimited pkgs?

The unlimited AIS packages 4Mbps & 6 Mbps with no data limit appear to have vanished.  They have been replaced with low max speed data limits then throttling plus the prices are higher.  Anyone know if the old monthly 6Mbps 550baht unlimited code *777*7209# still works?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, gaviny said:

The unlimited 1,4 and 6mbps on 6 or 12 months package , I'm referring too.

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes, still works if your SIM was activated before the 1st of February 2019.

Yes, still works if your SIM was activated before the 1st of February 2019.
Thanks mate , all very confusing, do you know if I just top ups 100 baht and return from overseas in 4 months , that it still will be available.My 6mbps package finished last week and as I'm leaving next week I didn't renew

Just now, gaviny said:

Thanks mate , all very confusing, do you know if I just top ups 100 baht and return from overseas in 4 months , that it still will be available.My 6mbps package finished last week and as I'm leaving next week I didn't renew

Since I don't work with the networks, I cannot know the answer to your question.

Just go to the orange machines outside 7/11 or Family Mart and top up 12 baht as many times as it takes to move the SIM validity to a year.

Then at least your SIM will still be alive when you return.

• Like 1

Since I don't work with the networks, I cannot know the answer to your question.

Just go to the orange machines outside 7/11 or Family Mart and top up 12 baht as many times as it takes to move the SIM validity to a year.
Then at least your SIM will still be alive when you return.
Thanks mate

15 days ago I made the promotion to 1 mbps unlimited for 6 months at 600 Baht on my wife's phone, yesterday I tried to do it on my own but I can not find it anymore, I tried both with the APP and on the site. P.S. my sim has been active for more than 9 years. Other companies (true / dtac) have unlimited offers at a similar price? I already have fiber at home I would not be spending too much)

19 minutes ago, Na Fan said:

What I've found is that all of these so-called "unlimited" packages are really false advertising. From what I've seen, all of those packages come with a set limit of data for which you get the full speed, and once you hit that data limit you're getting throttled.

Nothing to do with "unlimited".

Ironically, that isn't actually documented alongside those offers. Found out only after a couple call center calls.

Wrong....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, gaviolit said:

15 days ago I made the promotion to 1 mbps unlimited for 6 months at 600 Baht on my wife's phone, yesterday I tried to do it on my own but I can not find it anymore, I tried both with the APP and on the site. P.S. my sim has been active for more than 9 years. Other companies (true / dtac) have unlimited offers at a similar price? I already have fiber at home I would not be spending too much)

Not true, as Truemove H has done the same thing, for SIMs registered  from the 1st of Feb.

So, only DTAC is left.

Your SIMs should be fine, click through as normal here; https://m.ais.co.th/ontop-package-myais

If that doesn't work for you, tap in the code directly...

20 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Not true, as Truemove H has done the same thing, for SIMs registered  from the 1st of Feb.

So, only DTAC is left.

Your SIMs should be fine, click through as normal here; https://m.ais.co.th/ontop-package-myais

If that doesn't work for you, tap in the code directly...

I found it, that s is crazy, since yesterday I try in the same way, even the girls of the shop AIS did not find it in the app of my number, 10 minutes ago, I redid everything in the same way and I found it, done immediately! amazing thailand ...

51 minutes ago, Na Fan said:

What I've found is that all of these so-called "unlimited" packages are really false advertising. From what I've seen, all of those packages come with a set limit of data for which you get the full speed, and once you hit that data limit you're getting throttled.

Nothing to do with "unlimited".

Ironically, that isn't actually documented alongside those offers. Found out only after a couple call center calls.

No they dont. There are real unlimited packages.

• Like 1

Just now, sead said:

No they dont. There are real unlimited packages.

i confirm, AIS it s real unlimited, just choose the speed (512 - 1 mbps - 4 or 10 mbps) 

1 hour ago, gaviolit said:

i confirm, AIS it s real unlimited, just choose the speed (512 - 1 mbps - 4 or 10 mbps) 

I think he is referring to the new packages you'll find now on the AIS website and promoted in the shops. It looks like packages for newly activated sim cards have a data limit now and the reduced speed after that is abysmal (64mbps, 386 etc). 

• Like 2