Jump to content
BANGKOK
texanaust

AIS-No more unlimited pkgs?

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

If you are staying longer than two months, then think about a six month package. 1 Mbps for six months is 642 baht inclusive.

It's 600bht inc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

It's 600bht inc.

 

For some perhaps, for others no. So better to quote the higher figure to prevent any unpleasant surprises.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

jackdd

I ordered the Sim card from Lazada online. But where is a true store in Chiang Mai , the nearest one is in Bangkok. 

22 hours ago, jackdd said:

Just buy this Sim card: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/4mbps-1-3g4g-i257626141-s396924058.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.3.6cca7705MBfYx1&search=1

When it arrives you have to activate it in a True shop. 12 months of 4mbps unlimited internet, so effectively 100 baht per month. For calling you have to top up money like any other prepaid sim card

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ravi98008 said:

jackdd

I ordered the Sim card from Lazada online. But where is a true store in Chiang Mai , the nearest one is in Bangkok. 

 

A True shop can be found in nearly every shopping mall and also in many Big C and Tesco Lotus.

According to this site http://www3.truecorp.co.th/cm/shop?ln=en there are 8 True Shops in Chiang Mai city.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have unlimited data, AIS post paid, they offered it to me the second year i had it and its been there ever since. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jimmyyy said:

I have unlimited data, AIS post paid, they offered it to me the second year i had it and its been there ever since. 

 

 

...and how is this relevant?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It has been 2 days since I placed my order and so far it says on Lazada that the parcel has been given to the agent Kerry.  What recourse do I have if all I am getting is an useless SIM card that cannot be activated by the true shop. Is it possible for me to pay  1199 Bhat and get the Sim card installed at the true shop in the Mall itself. 1200 Bhat is a lot of money to be given to a courier for a sim card. I am having second thoughts. 

Edited by Ravi98008
Quote

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ravi98008 said:

It has been 2 days since I placed my order and so far it says on Lazada that the parcel has been given to the agent Kerry.  What recourse do I have if all I am getting is an useless SIM card that cannot be activated by the true shop. Is it possible for me to pay  1199 Bhat and get the Sim card installed at the true shop in the Mall itself. 1200 Bhat is a lot of money to be given to a courier for a sim card. I am having second thoughts. 

This is Thailand, don't expect customer service 😉

I ordered such a sim card from exactly the same shop to which i posted the link about 3 months ago, didn't have a problem, so i would expect it will also work in your case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, jackdd said:

This is Thailand, don't expect customer service 😉

I ordered such a sim card from exactly the same shop to which i posted the link about 3 months ago, didn't have a problem, so i would expect it will also work in your case.

I still would like to know if I can buy a card locally and have it installed. After all I am going to a true shop where they get the money and provide the service for one year. Why include a middle man who gets the 1200 and even is not a true authourized agent. Could you please provide me with AIS codes for 6 months @ 4 Mbps unlimited internet Data for 600 Bhat. I will go to an AIS shop pay them and use the code. Thanks again for all the help yourself and the forum has been providing me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ravi98008 said:

I still would like to know if I can buy a card locally and have it installed. After all I am going to a true shop where they get the money and provide the service for one year. Why include a middle man who gets the 1200 and even is not a true authourized agent. Could you please provide me with AIS codes for 6 months @ 4 Mbps unlimited internet Data for 600 Bhat. I will go to an AIS shop pay them and use the code. Thanks again for all the help yourself and the forum has been providing me

 

No to the first question and I already gave you the codes earlier. Don't make a nuisance of yourself. Just wait or use the codes I presented to you.

Edited by KneeDeep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you guys know if there is a code for 1mbps for only 1 day? The link to the Ais webinterface kneedeep provided only has 4mbps for 1 day. I would like to test the speed before I choose the 4mbps or 1mbps for 1 month. Dont really do much Youtube or Netflix on my mobile anyway and maybe 1mbps is enough for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2019 at 11:06 AM, Ravi98008 said:

I still would like to know if I can buy a card locally and have it installed. After all I am going to a true shop where they get the money and provide the service for one year. Why include a middle man who gets the 1200 and even is not a true authourized agent. Could you please provide me with AIS codes for 6 months @ 4 Mbps unlimited internet Data for 600 Bhat. I will go to an AIS shop pay them and use the code. Thanks again for all the help yourself and the forum has been providing me

 

Was your 4 Mbps 12 month Truemove H SIM delivered? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the same problem, currently I have the DTAC 10mbps/30days, but cannot find it anymore (bought it end of February).

Im thinking of going for 4g unlimited data/300mbps for 1099baht, but not sure if its worth... or internet + sim combo, e.g. http://trueonline.truecorp.co.th/package

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just noticed the limitation of plans in the myais app.

I.e reduction of speed.

One good thing , though. They seem to have introduced speed booster like dtac has had for a while.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...