AIS-No more unlimited pkgs?

texanaust

10 minutes ago, JamJar said:

????

Thanks 

Ive followed the AIS link you kindly provided 

https://m.ais.co.th/ontop-package-myais 

and I now can see a different option ( please see screen shot ) which seems to not show any details about a data cap / speed throttling , the only thing that concerns me is this , if I click the confirm button , will it then subscribe me to the package , but include a 25GB data cap / speed throttling ( even though nothing is shown on the web page about a data cap / throttling . Knowing my luck it will . 

Thanks 

AIS-2.png

35 minutes ago, Whip Me Granny said:

Thanks 

Ive followed the AIS link you kindly provided 

https://m.ais.co.th/ontop-package-myais 

and I now can see a different option ( please see screen shot ) which seems to not show any details about a data cap / speed throttling , the only thing that concerns me is this , if I click the confirm button , will it then subscribe me to the package , but include a 25GB data cap / speed throttling ( even though nothing is shown on the web page about a data cap / throttling . Knowing my luck it will . 

Thanks 

AIS-2.png

If it does, just call AIS and they will give you a full refund. You already have a screenshot should they dispute it. But they won't.

• Thanks 1

You'll probably note that there is no mention of throttling on the six and twelve month packages either. So you could get a refund on the same basis if you try that out too.

Though it probably won't work and you won't know how much the package anyway.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Whip Me Granny said:

Thanks 

So currently the CAT packages (  6Mbps / 4Mbps / 1 Mbps ) shown on their web site are all unlimited and have no GB data restrictions or speed throttling . I wonder how long it will be before CAT imposes the same restrictions that the other providers have now imposed . I'm going to call in at my nearest CAT shop and ask about their 6Mbps 6 month unlimited package , but I'm not feeling to confident about the outcome .

Tomorrow May 31 is the last day for said CAT deals so hurry up. Don't know what happens next year if/when renewal is available. By now I no longer bother to be bothered, just living it year by year. FWIW, my ipad doesn't take to CAT sim too well, keeps having hiccups (something to do with APN settings,) whereas it went smooth like butta with AIS sim.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, smo said:

Tomorrow May 31 is the last day for said CAT deals so hurry up. Don't know what happens next year if/when renewal is available. By now I no longer bother to be bothered, just living it year by year. FWIW, my ipad doesn't take to CAT sim too well, keeps having hiccups (something to do with APN settings,) whereas it went smooth like butta with AIS sim.

Have you used these settings? http://www.mybycat.com/en/Service_Set3G.php

Can we all agree that this is way too confusing and we should not have to deal with 3 languages, Thai, English and Greek?  I don't know where everyone lives, since few have bothered to list their location in their profiles, but when I have an AIS issue with plans or prices, I go to my local AIS office and ask them to explain it to me.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, JamJar said:

Have you used these settings? http://www.mybycat.com/en/Service_Set3G.php

Thanks JamJar for the settings. "3G" now is showing on the signal icon, although before it was "LTE" though on and off. I had to leave courier/network selection  to "automatic" because otherwise the ipad would go on searching and searching - maybe something is off with the ipad's attenna?

Anyway you mentioned Truemove will offer unlimited (yearly) packages starting today? Is it (the offer) up and running yet?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, smo said:

Thanks JamJar for the settings. "3G" now is showing on the signal icon, although before it was "LTE" though on and off. I had to leave courier/network selection  to "automatic" because otherwise the ipad would go on searching and searching - maybe something is off with the ipad's attenna?

Anyway you mentioned Truemove will offer unlimited (yearly) packages starting today? Is it (the offer) up and running yet?

Yes, Truemove H's offer is up and running now, but I don't know if it is restricted to old SIMs registered by the 28th of February or not. 

As far as I know, my by CAT doesn't have a true 4G network, but more the equivalent of HSPDA+. But what do I know.

Maybe it's Roaming on the Truemove H network and that is why it keeps searching. Doubt that it is a problem with the iPad unless you haven't run carrier updates; https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201270

• Thanks 1

You can compare the letter(s) displayed on your phone against the chart below which shows the recognized true speeds.  The carrier or manufacturer can display whatever they wish but the standards are all over the place.

Generation Icon Technology Maximum Download Speed Typical Download Speed
2G
G
GPRS 0.1Mbit/s <0.1Mbit/s
E
EDGE 0.3Mbit/s 0.1Mbit/s
3G
3G
3G (Basic) 0.3Mbit/s 0.1Mbit/s
H
HSPA 7.2Mbit/s 1.5Mbit/s
H+
HSPA+ 21Mbit/s 4Mbit/s
H+
DC-HSPA+ 42Mbit/s 8Mbit/s
4G
4G
LTE Category 4 150Mbit/s 12-15Mbit/s
4G+
4G+
LTE-Advanced Cat6 300Mbit/s 24-30Mbit/s
4G+
LTE-Advanced Cat9 450Mbit/s 60Mbit/s
4G+
LTE-Advanced Cat12 600Mbit/s TBC
4G+
LTE-Advanced Cat16 979Mbit/s TBC
5G
5G
5G 1,000-10,000Mbit/s
(1-10Gbit/s)
TBC
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

You can compare the letter(s) displayed on your phone against the chart below which shows the recognized true speeds.  The carrier or manufacturer can display whatever they wish but the standards are all over the place.

Generation Icon Technology Maximum Download Speed Typical Download Speed
2G
G
GPRS 0.1Mbit/s <0.1Mbit/s
E
EDGE 0.3Mbit/s 0.1Mbit/s
3G
3G
3G (Basic) 0.3Mbit/s 0.1Mbit/s
H
HSPA 7.2Mbit/s 1.5Mbit/s
H+
HSPA+ 21Mbit/s 4Mbit/s
H+
DC-HSPA+ 42Mbit/s 8Mbit/s
4G
4G
LTE Category 4 150Mbit/s 12-15Mbit/s
4G+
4G+
LTE-Advanced Cat6 300Mbit/s 24-30Mbit/s
4G+
LTE-Advanced Cat9 450Mbit/s 60Mbit/s
4G+
LTE-Advanced Cat12 600Mbit/s TBC
4G+
LTE-Advanced Cat16 979Mbit/s TBC
5G
5G
5G 1,000-10,000Mbit/s
(1-10Gbit/s)
TBC

http://www.mybycat.com/en/About_KnowMy.php

With my 3G/4G network, you can now get instant access to the internet anywhere anytime. The network provides a faster speed internet experience with speeds of up to 42 Mbps which gives you a real time hi-speed mobile internet connection to social networking and broadens communications access throughout Thailand

• Thanks 1

On 5/30/2019 at 11:11 PM, JamJar said:

You'll probably note that there is no mention of throttling on the six and twelve month packages either. So you could get a refund on the same basis if you try that out too.

Though it probably won't work and you won't know how much the package anyway.

Thanks

How do you interpret the package shown in the screen shot 

1. 6Mbps for 6 months duration with a 25GB cap each month ( so if you use 25GB before 1 month is finished , you will get a new 25GB amount in the following month and this continues for the 6 month duration of the package

2. 6Mbps for 6 months duration with a 25GB total cap for the 6 month period , so as soon as you have used up 25GB , thats it for remainder of the 6 month package period , no more 25GB allowance. 

Thanks

AIS-4.png

3 hours ago, Whip Me Granny said:

Thanks

How do you interpret the package shown in the screen shot 

1. 6Mbps for 6 months duration with a 25GB cap each month ( so if you use 25GB before 1 month is finished , you will get a new 25GB amount in the following month and this continues for the 6 month duration of the package

2. 6Mbps for 6 months duration with a 25GB total cap for the 6 month period , so as soon as you have used up 25GB , thats it for remainder of the 6 month package period , no more 25GB allowance. 

Thanks

AIS-4.png

25GB per month.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, JamJar said:

25GB per month.

Thanks , 

On this last 6Mbps / 6 month package the subscription info is 

Mao 1800B 25GB speed 6Mbps 6 months
Signup date : 21 May 2019 14:08:59
Usage cycle : 21 May 2019 - 21 June 2019

So I was thinking that ok , today is the first of June so its a new month and I should be getting another 25GB , but when I checked online my package this morning , it was still showing .........

Internet 0 KBAfter used up, continue usage at reduced speed based on your package., valid until 21 June 2019 14:09:01

But after looking again I think that the next 25GB allowance  will be on the .... 21 June at 14:08:59 ( one month from the start of the subscription date ) 

Do you think I have got that right ?

Also today I subscribed to another '' Test '' package , just to see if it had any GB restrictions or speed throttling - its is a Mao On-Top  6Mbps 7 day UL priced at 189 Bat ( inc VAT ) package . ( see screen shot ) . This package seems to have no GB restrictions or speed throttling penalties and the speeds seem correct .

Thanks 

NEW ais package.png

On 5/30/2019 at 1:36 AM, JamJar said:

AIS USSD codes for unlimited 1 Mbps 6 & 12 months respectively;

*777*7328# 1284 baht

*777*7329# 1926 baht

I signed up to this forum because I would like to ask a question as well.

Do you or @KneeDeep have the 6 and 12 month codes for 4mbps?

Thank you.

7 hours ago, MertK said:

I signed up to this forum because I would like to ask a question as well.

Do you or @KneeDeep have the 6 and 12 month codes for 4mbps?

Thank you.

Maybe you could have read the thread before joining.... There are no more 4 Mbps unlimited Marathon packages with AIS. Only Truemove H and CAT have sign-ups, until the end of this month.

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

This still doesn't mention a cap on data.

https://m.ais.co.th/ontop-package-myais#hotpack1559395079838.jpg

I mentioned that earlier within the thread. But the issue is that that even if it works, the price may have changed, so you won't know how much you need to top-up. So who will risk putting perhaps 4000 baht on a SIM in order to check?

But apart from all that, AIS insist that the unlimited Marathon packages have all been cancelled, bar 1 Mbps(which is more expensive than before.

I mentioned that earlier within the thread. But the issue is that that even if it works, the price may have changed, so you won't know how much you need to top-up. So who will risk putting perhaps 4000 baht on a SIM in order to check?
But apart from all that, AIS insist that the unlimited Marathon packages have all been cancelled, bar 1 Mbps(which is more expensive than before.
That is the MaoMao package not Marathan. No mention of a change in price on that link, AIS are usually accurate

32 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
44 minutes ago, JamJar said:

That is the MaoMao package not Marathan. No mention of a change in price on that link, AIS are usually accurate

I use Marathon as a generic term. You'll find that none of the hotpack 'unlimited max speed' prices are currently correct. I've already covered this in the thread.

To all the people saying they are unlimited.  Try max it out downloading 4 or 6Mbps 24x7.  I think you will find that they are not truly unlimited and they will throttle you if you use it too much.  There is probably some cap they set that they do not mention anywhere or maybe in the fine print somewhere.

Edited by lapd

2 minutes ago, lapd said:

To all the people saying they are unlimited.  Try max it out downloading 4 or 6Mbps 24x7.  I think you will find that they are not truly unlimited and they will throttle you if you use it too much.  There is probably some cap they set that they do not mention anywhere or maybe in the fine print somewhere.

What use is your post to this thread?

Has anyone suggested that they want to download 24/7?

The fact is for all normal intents and purposes, it is unlimited capped speed data.

Do you have some actual useful info to add or are you just Trolling?

• Like 1

On 6/1/2019 at 7:49 PM, JamJar said:

Maybe you could have read the thread before joining.... There are no more 4 Mbps unlimited Marathon packages with AIS. Only Truemove H and CAT have sign-ups, until the end of this month.

Sorry about that. My friend uses Truemove H and would like to know if he is able to get real unlimited internet. Does the sign-up require him to get a new simcard?

He tried *900*1975# from his logs but it got him a limit of 7 GB. Any way for him to get unlimited internet with his old sim? He has it for over 3 years.

No more short term plans. Just the long term plans available for subscription this month.

So for a week, they only want to sell you data by volume; *900*1705# for 8GB over seven days for 160.5 baht

DTAC still sell truly unlimited capped data.

Edited by JamJar

Anybody knows if it's true that Dtac network is getting worst and worst, especially in Pattaya / Jomtien area ?

For many years Dtac has been the best for me, but now, even when I am still regularly visiting the same places / cities / provinces,  my data is often slow and often disconnects. My phone is brand new and I tried a True SIM card and didn't have the same problems.

What's wrong with Dtac?

Thanks.

My gf has just 5 min ago tried Knee Deeps suggested Unlimited 30 day 4mbps AIS package of *777*7159# package for 535 Bt. Doesn't work for us...sms 'says not enough credit' but phone has 610Bt. Sim is 5 years old btw.  She had a different 30 day package  put in phone by man in AIS shop last month. Could he have done something to block old unlimited data packages ? Any ideas?

13 minutes ago, Rolanddrums said:

My gf has just 5 min ago tried Knee Deeps suggested Unlimited 30 day 4mbps AIS package of *777*7159# package for 535 Bt. Doesn't work for us...sms 'says not enough credit' but phone has 610Bt. Sim is 5 years old btw.  She had a different 30 day package  put in phone by man in AIS shop last month. Could he have done something to block old unlimited data packages ? Any ideas?

That package is 650+ baht. Went up from 450+ on the 1st April.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:
2 hours ago, rhodie said:
That package is 650+ baht. Went up from 450+ on the 1st April.

Where is the list of prices? their website is out of date for many packages

I have already told you. Twice.

2 hours ago, Rolanddrums said:

All the information is already contained within this thread. Work your way backwards. No point in me reposting the same thing every couple of days.

Edited by JamJar