Bank of England's Carney spells out no-deal Brexit hit to UK

webfact

18 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

The Bank of England is a privately owned bank. Carney is simply dancing to the tune of the stakeholders (shareholders).

The bank has special privileges and does not have to file any reports what-so-ever. It is protected by the UK official secret's act and just having a list of shareholders can get you arrested.

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/knowledgebank/who-owns-the-bank-of-england

Oops, have I just broken the Official secrets Act?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LucysDad said:

Mervyn King has more marbles left than you would have in a lifetime.

Back in the day, when he was working closely with Gordon Brown, I respected the man. Sadly, senility has turned him into a cantankerous right wing old Gammon. Ignore him is my advice.

His job is to ensure monetary stability and inflation expectations, based on the economic circumstances at the time. Brexit, no brexit, that is his job, but to give subtle and not so subtle hints on how to avoid this without having to do dire things with interest rates or capital controls is part of his remit. 

I dare say he isn't basing his advice on decisions and views on a bunch of anti-EU memes on facebook and long email rants from disgruntled tin foil hatters which tend to do the rounds.

But I guess alot of you blokes are smarter than him, so I guess you are taking the 'lie back and think of England' approach to being screwed.

2 hours ago, mfd101 said:

Constant mentioning of his Canadianess doesn't exactly reassure one as to the rationality of his Brexiter critics ... Xenophobia, anyone?

Indeed, why bring in a world class economist? Damn it, he's an elite! Doesn't even drive a range rover around Kent. 

Bring on Phil from the pub to take over the BOE. He'll sort things.

Never mind. I'm sure it's all going to be wonderful. As the ship goes down, the people will be assembled in their serried ranks on the foredeck, singing 'Land of Hope 'n Glory'.

Oh dear, I have tears in my eyes already.

21 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I’m waiting for the first Brexiteer to suggest it’s a biased source. 

It's nonsense.

21 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

It's nonsense. Just a smoksscreen for the gullible

18 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Spoken like a true Brexiteer. Never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Who owns the Bank of England - the two shares that are spoken of on the BoE website?

Due to the Companies Act in 1976, we are not allowed to know who the shareholders are who own the company which carries out Central Banking in the UK. There is evidence to show that the BoE has 2000 shareholders; but just a handful of those own over 90% of the shares. But the information is secret. We (the people) are not allowed to know. In fact, just having a list of shareholders on one's person in the UK, is against the official secrets act, and could result in a charge of treason. The Queen is probably a shareholder. Maybe a major one. 

The Bank Of England is entitled to issue cash, then lend it and charge interest to the Government! Allowed to be owned, by secret concerns and allowed to be a private business with a shroud of secrecy protecting it.

There is evidence that the BoE was involved in the LIBOR fixing scam.

MEP question.

Anyone wishing the full transcript of the Bank of England history please PM me.

5 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Who owns the Bank of England - the two shares you speak of?

Due to the Companies Act in 1976, we are not allowed to know who the shareholders are who own the company which carries out Central Banking in the UK. There is evidence to show that the BoE has 2000 shareholders; but just a handful of those own over 90% of the shares. But the information is secret. We (the people) are not allowed to know. In fact just having a list of shareholders on one's person in the UK, is against the official secrets act, and could result in a charge of treason. The Queen is probably a shareholder. Maybe a major one. 

The Bank Of England is entitled to issue cash, then lend it and charge interest to the Government! Allowed to be owned, by secret concerns and allowed to be a private business with a shroud of secrecy protecting it.

There is evidence that the BoE was involved in the LIBOR fixing scam.

MEP question.

Anyone wishing the full transcript of the Bank of England history please PM me.

I have already posted a link to the history of the BoE. The video is of a UKIP thicko getting confused between nominees and shareholders. Would have been interesting to hear the reply to this halfwit.

H.M. The Queen banks with Coutts.

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

I have already posted a link to the history of the BoE. The video is of a UKIP thicko getting confused between nominees and shareholders. Would have been interesting to hear the reply to this halfwit.

H.M. The Queen banks with Coutts.

The MEP is not getting confused.

If you are thinking that the stuff on the BoE's website is the real deal, then you can list yourself amongst the gullible.

The Queen's ancestors, the German lot, had shares in the BoE and probably still do. It's all secret squirrel stuff Spidey. Don't be fooled any longer.  

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

The MEP is not getting confused.

If you are thinking that the stuff on the BoE's website is the real deal, then you can list yourself amongst the gullible.

The Queen's ancestors, the German lot, had shares in the BoE and probably still do. It's all secret squirrel stuff Spidey. Don't be fooled any longer.  

As my post verified, the BoE was nationalised in 1946 and all the existing shareholders paid out. Technically it is now wholly owned by the Treasury.

5 minutes ago, Spidey said:

As my post verified, the BoE was nationalised in 1946 and all the existing shareholders paid out. Technically it is now wholly owned by the Treasury.

Sorry, but that's nonsense. No shareholders were paid anything in 1946. The UK was broke. The FED lent money to the UK in return for certain favours. One being that the Integrity (secrecy) of the BoE remained, and the other with a certain middle east state (as yet unformed then).

9 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Some people have heads buried in the sand so much that only their feet can be seen.

Don't be duped bro'. Do some research.

I am a signatory to the Official Secrets Act. I've done my research. Trust me your conspiracy theory holds no water.

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

Sorry, but that's nonsense. No shareholders were paid anything in 1946. The UK was broke. The FED lent money to the UK in return for certain favours. One being that the Integrity (secrecy) of the BoE remained and the other with a certain middle east state (as yet unformed)

When you're in a hole, stop digging. It's all complete nonsense.

4 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I am a signatory to the Official Secrets Act. I've done my research. Trust me your conspiracy theory holds no water.

Yes!! Me too Spidey. 

Virtually all the world's central banks are privately owned, and loosely based on the BoE model. Also the IMF, WB and BiS.

What makes you think the BoE is different?

3 minutes ago, billd766 said:

They are called Remainers.

cue for more abuse.

Of course, if that post had come from a remainer, talking about Brexiteers, it would have been called out as abuse. However, coming from a Brexiteer, it's just seen as par for the course.

4 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

You have an audible computer? 

Ah, should have realized. You can't even see through the Shins let alone Barmy Boris, Farage and jolly empire boys! ????

A very typical response in what has become an entirely debased debate. Not addressing any arguments, but reverting to name calling which does nothing but reveal your prejudices. Remarkable also that you have managed to link the whole business with your well-established obsession with howling at anyone, who your fevered imagination somehow connects with the Shinawatra faction in current Thai politics - a connection, which even if it existed could not be less relevant!

Quite extraordinary!

It's a gamble, on the one side we have the new world order, on the other we have a total mess. We're in for a ride. Guys who pontificate are full of sh@t, no-one knows how this is gonna turn out. But I'm pretty certain the British people didn't vote for this roller coaster ride. Just get out, do it and take the consequences, that's all I can say. The fact the majority of people are now against it means FA. You screwed it up big-time politicians. Just wait until the ordinary man feels it in his pocket.

6 minutes ago, nausea said:

It's a gamble, on the one side we have the new world order, on the other we have a total mess. We're in for a ride. Guys who pontificate are full of sh@t, no-one knows how this is gonna turn out. But I'm pretty certain the British people didn't vote for this roller coaster ride. Just get out, do it and take the consequences, that's all I can say. The fact the majority of people are now against it means FA. You screwed it up big-time politicians. Just wait until the ordinary man feels it in his pocket.

It ain't over until the fat lady sings.

46 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Yes!! Me too Spidey. 

Virtually all the world's central banks are privately owned, and loosely based on the BoE model. Also the IMF, WB and BiS.

What makes you think the BoE is different?

Research done:

• Attachment

Hope this helps.

8 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Research done:

• Attachment

Hope this helps.

If you think that the BoE belongs to the UK then so be it.

I have a list of the BoE's shareholders and it makes interesting reading.

The BoE and the government do not see eye-to-eye all the time. The last big bust-up was Gordon Brown selling off the gold. This Carney chap just takes his orders from the shareholders.

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

Some people have heads buried in the sand so much that only their feet can be seen.

Don't be duped bro'. Do some research.

Don’t forget the RAND corporation. Them and the Freemasons. And the papists. They are all behind it. 

Archived