Jump to content
BANGKOK 20 April 2019 09:42
webfact

Video: Multitasking minivan driver on the phone all the way to Rayong

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, PatOngo said:

…and therein lies the problem, people would rather risk death than speak up. Enjoy your next minivan ride!

I went on a visa run once to Malaysia, from Phuket and the only time.

Never got into a mini van again.

The mini van driver drove like a demon.

When everybody in the van screamed at him to slow down, he just put the volume of the music up and drove faster. Dumb ©nut.

He managed to kill three dogs along the way and also crashed into an earthen wall at a garage.

And that is why people dont say anything, they are too busy praying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Inepto Cracy said:

I went on a visa run once to Malaysia, from Phuket and the only time.

Never got into a mini van again.

The mini van driver drove like a demon.

When everybody in the van screamed at him to slow down, he just put the volume of the music up and drove faster. Dumb ©nut.

He managed to kill three dogs along the way and also crashed into an earthen wall at a garage.

And that is why people dont say anything, they are too busy praying.

I'm guessing it's been a while ago.  Now they have numbers to call inside the van to report unsafe driving. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

I'm guessing it's been a while ago.  Now they have numbers to call inside the van to report unsafe driving. 

Yes that was 2008.

I am much wiser now, but I don't do any visa runs. Now I am on a permit to stay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I hope his public shaming will lead to some sort of punishment.

So please spread the link far and wide!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mike324 said:

they supposedly have "gps" installed on every van to monitor the speeds, but....as all things in thailand go

Speed wasn't the issue here and in many other cases.  What someone needs to invent and install in these vehicles is a DSM (Driver Stupidity Monitor).

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To all the contributors to this thread who cited the reasons why they and others don't challenge the driver and speak up in situations like this, I say consider the initiative (not to say courage, if you really think the guy might have turned violent) of the person who took the video and support their action by sending a link to everyone you know, particularly at home, wherever that may be.  Shaming this kind of behaviour is the only way to make a difference in this country.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Tom Jones would have sung: "It's not unusual..." 😁

 

Some drivers are just oxygen thieves and bloody cretins! Such a pity they could not wipe themselves out without involving other people!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, PatOngo said:

…and therein lies the problem, people would rather risk death than speak up. Enjoy your next minivan ride!

Yes, Thai are so s...... Enjoy the afterlife life together with the driver and rest of passengers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a bus driver on his tablet on his steering wheel. I took video of him, and told my wife he was dangerous. She told the steward lady the farang is not happy, and she told him.....he stopped immediately. Nobody lost face....end of story. Thais will not speak up in most situations. Our son was in hospital for days with the flu. On the second day a doctor came to see him, and another didn't come for 28 hours. I lodged a written complaint with the hospital.....my lady wouldn't say much of anything. They think doctors are gods. I always check the medicines they prescribe. One recently was banned in Europe and the USA....it went in the trash. Another was for mental illness for my lady's period issues.....in the trash. Crazy stuff.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a bus driver on his tablet on his steering wheel. I took video of him, and told my wife he was dangerous. She told the steward lady the farang is not happy, and she told him.....he stopped immediately. Nobody lost face....end of story. Thais will not speak up in most situations. Our son was in hospital for days with the flu. On the second day a doctor came to see him, and another didn't come for 28 hours. I lodged a written complaint with the hospital.....my lady wouldn't say much of anything. They think doctors are gods. I always check the medicines they prescribe. One recently was banned in Europe and the USA....it went in the trash. Another was for mental illness for my lady's period issues.....in the trash. Crazy stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well mate sadly Thais will not speak up if there is a possibility someone will lose face.

As i have posted before Thais will commit murder before they will lose face.

All Thais, or just some of the ones you know who have murdered people?

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Greenside said:

To all the contributors to this thread who cited the reasons why they and others don't challenge the driver and speak up in situations like this, I say consider the initiative (not to say courage, if you really think the guy might have turned violent) of the person who took the video and support their action by sending a link to everyone you know, particularly at home, wherever that may be.  Shaming this kind of behaviour is the only way to make a difference in this country.

I didn't.  I actually live in Thailand and ride vans.  If the driver is speeding you call the number on the inside of the van and complain. 

 

I am surprised you don't know this.  Never ridden in a "Loat Du" (van in Thai)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, shy coconut said:

All Thais, or just some of the ones you know who have murdered people?

Just the ones he knows.  My wife is a manufacturing manager and reads the riot act to her staff daily when they screw up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mikebell said:

Two went past me swerving violently from lane to lane; inside and out.  Their speed was greatly in excess of the 80 limit.  I watched their antics as this behaviour continued into the distance.  The police car next to me did not seem to find anything untoward about their dangerous driving/speeding.

Because the police drive in exactly the same stupid careless fashion so they see nothing wrong, on top of which I do not know anyone who has ever been able to educate pork

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...