Any Real Italian Restaurants In Bkk?

Italian food is one of lifes delights, as far as we are concerned. And while we do eat Thai and other foods, it would be nice to know a great Italian restaurant with authentic Italian food.

A bolognaise sauce with the addition of Thai spices is not what we are seeking !

Maybe a little mom and pop type Italian restaurant, where the portions are generous, the sauces authentic, and the costs not outlandish --- or is that too much to hope ?

Tried one which appeared to be Italian only to be handed a huge dinner plate, with a(thankfully) a tiny glob of almost disolved spaghetti, with what looked like a spicey Thai hamburger crumbled over the top. Not a drop of tomato sauce (gravy) in sight ! This was supposed to be spag. bol.

Grateful for any recommendations. Thanks.

I like:

Limoncello

Sukhumvit Soi 11, 300 < m Sukhumvit Rd, opposite the Grand President Hotel | BTS Nana EXIT 3: 10 min

Open daily 12:00-14:00, 18:00-23:30

Tel: 0 2651 0707

Angelini

Shangri-La Hotel on Chao Phraya River

BTS Saphan Taksin EXIT 1: 8 min

Open daily 11:00 until late, dinner 18:00-23:00

Tel: 0 2236 7777

Pomodoro

Fifth floor

Emporium

(Not sure if this is related to the restaurant of the same name on Sukhumvit Road, near Soi 5, opposite the Landmark Hotel)

Limoncello's very nice and I'm also VERY partial to a restaurant in Khao San called "Rannee's"...describing where it is is quite impossible, though, it's pretty hidden, best to ask around when there...more reasonable prices than Limoncello and some of the best food I've ever had.

Limoncello's very nice and I'm also VERY partial to a restaurant in Khao San called "Rannee's"...describing where it is is quite impossible, though, it's pretty hidden, best to ask around when there...more reasonable prices than Limoncello and some of the best food I've ever had.

It always helps if you get the name right.

Ranee's Guest House & Restaurant,

77, Trokmayom,

Near Khaosan Road,

Bangkok 10200,

Thailand

Tel. 66-(0)2-282-4072

http://olavi.com/ranees_guest_house.htm