Foreigners arrested - because Thais said they smelled bad

webfact

Foreigners arrested - because Thais said they smelled bad

10pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Thais on a tour bus in the south complained to the police at a checkpoint that around ten passengers were annoying them because they were stinking the bus out. They suspected that they were foreigners. 

Chumpon immigration found that 13 of the passengers - intermingled among the rest of the passengers travelling on the Bangkok to Chian Yai service via Thung Song - were illegal Myanmar workers with no papers. 

Sanook said the checkpoint was set up in the night between KM markers 451 - 452 on Petchkasem Road in Tha Se district. 

Earlier on Saturday the bus had set off from the Southern Bus terminal. Both drivers had been contacted by a man they called "O" who asked them to pick up the workers in Samut Sakhon and take them to Surat Thani.

The drivers - employees of ST Sri Suthep Tour - were arrested after they admitted being paid 1,200 baht for transporting the illegal workers on the air-con bus. 

Sanook said that the arrest of the Myanmar nationals was as a direct result of their body odor. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-13

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

The combination of a long journey without access to bathing facilities, and the adrenaline produced by fear of consequences can produce powerful body odors.

I wouldn't have wanted to be on this bus. 

Ignorance smells even worst.

1 hour ago, KhunFred said:

I was complimented for being so clean.  My GF actually bragged to her relatives about how many showers I took. How incredibly bizarre.

So did mine.. she told her siblings I took a shower every Friday night whether i needed one or not !

1 hour ago, ThomasThBKK said:

I was really disappointed when i noticed it's not about a bunch of khaosan road backpackers... 

I expected them to be a group of Indians.

Once in the skytrain there were 10 Indians stinking really really bad...All passengers had to cover their mouths and moved away from them...it really was terrible...The Thai even made contact with eachother about it, something i have never seen anywhere else.

2 hours ago, Old Croc said:

The combination of a long journey without access to bathing facilities, and the adrenaline produced by fear of consequences can produce powerful body odors.

I wouldn't have wanted to be on this bus. 

Long journeys or adrenaline don't smell, stale unwashed sweat does.

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

"I disgust anyone..."

You do?  If you say so. Where you on that bus? 

When you go out of your way to take the piss out of someone's written language skills and then make a spelling mistake yourself.

More ironic than rain on your wedding day...

2 hours ago, DeeMak9 said:

Sickening. These people are working their freaking ass off to feed their kids. I disgust anyone who told the cops/immigration here.

Sickening is the key word here.

Obviously, you have never been obliged to sit next to some one who stinks to high heaven - simply because he/she hasn't kept themselves clean. It is a foul, vomit inducing stench.

To have multiple people smelling the same would be horrendous!

I don't care if they're feeding family and kids - what's that got to do with hygeine?

4 hours ago, KhunFred said:

I was complimented for being so clean.  My GF actually bragged to her relatives about how many showers I took. How incredibly bizarre.

many thais seem to have a belief that westerners stink. before moving to pattaya to sell her wares my girl said that it was the main thing that was putting her off getting into the game.

8 minutes ago, guest879 said:

many thais seem to have a belief that westerners stink. before moving to pattaya to sell her wares my girl said that it was the main thing that was putting her off getting into the game.

Top tip. If she does it doggy style or anal the punter can't see her holding her nose.

1 hour ago, Bundooman said:

Sickening is the key word here.

Obviously, you have never been obliged to sit next to some one who stinks to high heaven - simply because he/she hasn't kept themselves clean. It is a foul, vomit inducing stench.

To have multiple people smelling the same would be horrendous!

I don't care if they're feeding family and kids - what's that got to do with hygeine?

I have, its not fun. But Im not telling the police or immigration. Thats what the feeding family and kids part has to do with this whole thing. I deal with the situation myself. Complain to the bus company and/or bus driver if you must, insist on a solution.

Archived