Foreigners arrested - because Thais said they smelled bad

webfact

8 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

The biggest defenders of stinking are those opposed to using a proper deodorant.

Showers with soap are great but nothing combats the bacteria on the underarms like deodorant.

Of course,  if an adult hasn't figured that out on his own, he or she will never learn.

Deodorant/parfume is just to cover:

French do not wash: official. But the British are smelly

Although the French do not wash very much, they are Europe's biggest consumers of perfume and deodorants...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/french-do-not-wash-official-but-the-british-are-smelly-1186193.html

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/14/2019 at 8:11 PM, ttrd said:

Deodorant/parfume is just to cover:

French do not wash: official. But the British are smelly

Although the French do not wash very much, they are Europe's biggest consumers of perfume and deodorants...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/french-do-not-wash-official-but-the-british-are-smelly-1186193.html

and your post/comment is taken from a UK tabloid....imagine how a French tabloid would comment on the British are smelly..... even more funny is saying the French don't wash but the British are SMELLY

• 2 weeks later...

These people are not Burmese.  True, they came from Myanmar, but they’re children of Indian descent.  You can tell by looking at their facial feature.  We have the same BO problem with small amount of them in the States.  I think it’s a combination of their food spices used and not using deodorant.

It reminds me about this cab driver that wanted to stop by the side of the road to take a leak or sh*t  while the meter was running. I told him "No". I wish I had said "Yes" because this ar*se hole sh*t in his pants and I had to smell the perfume for another fifteen minutes of my trip. 

On 2/13/2019 at 3:50 PM, possum1931 said:

What about all these sweaty old shirtless guys in Pattaya, don't they smell?

Ever got that close to them? If not, give it a try!

Yep, once on a long flight I experienced this scenario... no Police or Immigration points to complain...hence sat through out till the end of journey.

4 minutes ago, ravip said:

Yep, once on a long flight I experienced this scenario... no Police or Immigration points to complain...hence sat through out till the end of journey.

They let an old shirtless guy from Pattaya on an airplane?

On 2/13/2019 at 6:04 PM, Blue Muton said:

If you read and comprehend the article you'll see that they were arrested for being in Thailand illegally, following complaints  about their smell.

Reading TVF sure does help one to improve ones English skills...

Just now, marcusarelus said:

They let an old shirtless guy from Pattaya on an airplane?

OK not exactly shirtless...and I wouldnt know if from Pattaya. But definitely a stinky poo - THAT I am sure.

10 minutes ago, ravip said:

You allowed a smelly shirtless guy to sit beside you in a plane?? If that was me, I would tell him to get a shirt on or the rest of his journey would be hell, and mean it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2019 at 11:21 PM, SammyT said:

"Sanook said that the arrest of the Myanmar nationals was as a direct result of their body odor."

Using Sanook as a reliable source of facts is a dangerous game...

I am a nobody, but I know that at times unscrupulous employers of illegal labor will use their labor, promise to pay once they reach another job sight, then called the authorities who setup a stop and then detain and return to them to their country of origin, without ever being paid. 

I feel for all involved, the authorities are being used, the bus company is being used, and other passengers are being used.  This is a vicious cycle, used over and over.  It's terrible travesty of justices.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2019 at 12:58 PM, DeeMak9 said:

Sickening. These people are working their freaking ass off to feed their kids. I disgust anyone who told the cops/immigration here.

so truh what u say but u were not in this bus, i traveled for 24 hours in a chinese sleeping bus, i know the feeling (smelling)

On 2/13/2019 at 12:58 PM, DeeMak9 said:

Sickening. These people are working their freaking ass off to feed their kids. I disgust anyone who told the cops/immigration here.

+1 A lot of them doing jobs most of the locals wouldn't want to do anyways! 

On 2/13/2019 at 1:41 PM, Briggsy said:

They and I were going to the airport. What is the noun you have omitted after Pakistani's? 

I have not omitted anything, just pointed on how you knew they were Pakistani's as by their appearance  - by assumption or otherwise?

Since you used a proper noun it should not be any assumption involved and to state they were Pakistani's it's difficult if not impossible only by their appearance so then we are left with otherwise ... :thumbsup:

On 4/8/2019 at 1:08 AM, wazzupnow said:

so truh what u say but u were not in this bus, i traveled for 24 hours in a chinese sleeping bus, i know the feeling (smelling)

Nor surprised, considering what they eat. ...Fermented snakes, insects, god knows what. Then again, garlic is pretty bad, the next day when it comes out the skin.

On 2/13/2019 at 12:30 PM, KhunFred said:

I was complimented for being so clean.  My GF actually bragged to her relatives about how many showers I took. How incredibly bizarre.

Unfortunately being clean, smelling good and the number of showers are (sometime) unrelated 

Burmese workers are the hardest working people in Thailand. They do alot of the work that most Thais will not do. Without complaint. They deserve some respect. Thailand is moving backwards and the fear of outsiders of one of its greatest weaknesses at this point in time. 

Guys like the biggest joke and Prayuth do their nation a tremendous disservice with their nationalistic diatribes and nonsense. Thailand must figure out a way to move on without the hapless guidance of these incompetents. Their ignorance is encouraging others to act foolish. Much the same as Trumps constant hateful rhetoric is emboldening the racists in the US. 

21 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Burmese workers are the hardest working people in Thailand. They do alot of the work that most Thais will not do. Without complaint. They deserve some respect. Thailand is moving backwards and the fear of outsiders of one of its greatest weaknesses at this point in time. 

Guys like the biggest joke and Prayuth do their nation a tremendous disservice with their nationalistic diatribes and nonsense. Thailand must figure out a way to move on without the hapless guidance of these incompetents. Their ignorance is encouraging others to act foolish. Much the same as Trumps constant hateful rhetoric is emboldening the racists in the US. 

They do this for political purposes basically point to the foreigners while the elite plunder.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived