BANGKOK 25 March 2019 23:56
DonDoRondo

Direct flights CNX to Vietnam

Looking for some advice here.  With the new banking requirements I want to take a look at Vietnam as a long term destination,

specifically Danang.  I've looked for flights and found nothing direct from CNX to Danang - only Hanoi and HCMC.

I would prefer to clear customs in CNX rather than Bangkok.

My question is - has anyone on this forum traveled to Hanoi or HCMC from Chiang Mai?  I would then get a connection to Danang.

Does anyone have any tips on making this as hassle free as possible?  The air fares are pretty close.  The main carriers seem to be Air Asia and Bangkok Airways.

I've already purchased a one year business visa through an agent......thanks in advance.

Edited by DonDoRondo
Not specified

did you try to visit vietjet airways....

Any particular reason Da Nang? It's a full on city these days and growing by the day. If you are looking for a more relaxed pace consider Nha Trang. It is a very popular beach destination but you don't have to travel far to find deserted beaches, countryside and mountains.

No idea on international flights but there are flights between the two so check them both if you wish.

Thank you for the suggestion - I am a city person and prefer the amenities that city life offers.

As far a Vietjet goes it appears that their flights are routed through Bangkok.

Nha Trang is a city stretched out along the beach with a population of 450,00 half that of Da Nang. Hope you find what you're looking for.

It seems that the exodus of retirees has begun.

You might want to watch this

• Like 1

Air Asia fly Chiang Mai to Hanoi direct 4 days per week. CNX-DAD is on their wish list, but not yet. Perhaps later in 2019 when Air Asia Vietnam is expected to launch.

Vietjet have flights every hour from Hanoi to Da Nang.

Hoi An which is 30 minutes from Da Nang airport is a much better option for expats.

• Like 1

Viet-Jet Air flies nonstop between HCMC -CNX. I flew with them last year between HCMC and Chiang Mai.

But they do not fly every day I believe.

On the way back I had to go via Bangkok because I needed to be there on a certain day. From there I connected to Danang - from HCMC you have several flights a day to Danang.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DonDoRondo said:

Thank you for the suggestion - I am a city person and prefer the amenities that city life offers.

Yes, VJ through Bkk, but on this point have a good look at AA flights, some are routed through Bkk but some are direct CNX to Hanoi / HCMC.

Lion Air is another possibility but beware of their new approach to check-in luggage, their is NO allowance at all built into the airfare, so you pay extra for every kilo and far from cheap, 775Baht for 20K (CNX to Hanoi / HCMC) and same for return, so total add on of 1,550Baht for round trip.

18 hours ago, DonDoRondo said:

Vietjet has direct flights from Chiang Mai to Ho Chi Minh City, but not daily. They fly Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Sundays, departure CNX 14:40, arrival SGN 16:45

19 hours ago, DonDoRondo said:

Flies direct non-stop CNX to SGN.

Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 11.11.35.png

Edited by Kelsall

Viet jet was stopped last month by the Vietnamese air authorities from further expansion because of a spotty safety record (near crashes/accidents)- it was in the news a few weeks back. The head of maintenance was dismissed as well as some other managers. A friend flew them from Bkk to CNX a few weeks ago - ground crew didn't seem to know what they were doing, flight crew as well. At your own risk...  

Just now, Rama said:

Viet jet was stopped last month by the Vietnamese air authorities from further expansion because of a spotty safety record (near crashes/accidents)- it was in the news a few weeks back. The head of maintenance was dismissed as well as some other managers. A friend flew them from Bkk to CNX a few weeks ago - ground crew didn't seem to know what they were doing, flight crew as well. At your own risk...  

geezzzz man, now you make me feel bad, I was the one originally suggesting VietJet

• Haha 1