Regarding new Extensions $$$ regulations

phuketrichard

1 hour ago, Psimbo said:

I think this is about applying for the INITIAL Retirement Permit, not extensions. This has always been the case here of 2 months (and elsewhere) for the first seasoning then three months after. Down to arriving, setting up a Bank Account, etc. Won't affect the likes of us anyway methinks.

see thats what i mean  confusion, 2 months before was always 1st time, than 3 months
BUT according to the big guy in Phuket its 2 months before an 3 after regardless
so......

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As many embassies no longer issue affidavits confirming income, this is no longer required, he said, noting that letters from governments and pension fund providers will be accepted along with other forms of evidence to prove the income pending.
Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/holding-the-balance- phuket-immigration-clarifies-new-rules-on-retirement-visas-to-start-march-1-70401.php#tWhV5dXHog1G7o7g.99

What about they who come from countries which still issue income letters. Can we use them or do I "read between the lines here" that this is up to each Immigration office?????

17 hours ago, Felt 35 said:

As many embassies no longer issue affidavits confirming income, this is no longer required, he said, noting that letters from governments and pension fund providers will be accepted along with other forms of evidence to prove the income pending.
Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/holding-the-balance- phuket-immigration-clarifies-new-rules-on-retirement-visas-to-start-march-1-70401.php#tWhV5dXHog1G7o7g.99

What about they who come from countries which still issue income letters. Can we use them or do I "read between the lines here" that this is up to each Immigration office?????

He only was referring to the countries who don't issue the statements anymore.

People from the other counties can use the income statements same as before.

On 2/17/2019 at 5:30 AM, merijn said:

Ahhh- the voice of reason. Always glad when you make sense of the muddles Merijn. ????

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 5:30 AM, merijn said:

Income letter from British Embassy was denied in Phuket yesterday for extension based on marriage, I was also told that NO letters from any of the Embassys who have stopped issuing them will be accepted, and anyone who has used them since Jan 1st this year will have to 're-submit' their applications without the letter.

29 minutes ago, PST said:

Income letter from British Embassy was denied in Phuket yesterday for extension based on marriage, I was also told that NO letters from any of the Embassys who have stopped issuing them will be accepted, and anyone who has used them since Jan 1st this year will have to 're-submit' their applications without the letter.

Very strange.   A friend of mine renewed his extension based on Retirement in Phuket last week with a BE letter issued in early December.   If what you say is correct, going to be interesting how they are going to inform those who've already done extensions, I guess either through visits to their registered address or at their next 90 day report.

I think the other contradiction is that Thai Immigration have not said they will not accept letters from those Embassies that have chosen to discontinue, with the Embassies themselves stating that letters issued prior to their respective cut off dates would continue to have six months validity from date of issue.

9 minutes ago, pagallim said:

Very strange.   A friend of mine renewed his extension based on Retirement in Phuket last week with a BE letter issued in early December.   If what you say is correct, going to be interesting how they are going to inform those who've already done extensions, I guess either through visits to their registered address or at their next 90 day report.

I think the other contradiction is that Thai Immigration have not said they will not accept letters from those Embassies that have chosen to discontinue, with the Embassies themselves stating that letters issued prior to their respective cut off dates would continue to have six months validity from date of issue.

Their next 90 day report I imagine, but who knows, Phuket seem to have their own rules, but the IO was adamant that the letter was invalid and could not be honoured for the 6 months after it was issued. Also the info regarding income letters has now been removed from the BE website.

• 2 weeks later...

http://piv-phuket.com/changes-regarding-retirement-extension-application/

New information form Phuket Immigration Volunteer.

My retirement 1 year is THB 800,000 in Thai bank method.

It seems that we do not have to report our bank amount at TM-47 90 days.

But,

> In a random selection process it is possible that applicants will receive a

> 90 days under consideration stamp and have to return to the immigration

> department after 90 days with new bank statements to proof that

> the 800.000 Baht is still in your account after which the remaining months

> will be granted.

Oh no !

6 minutes ago, XD1 at Phuket said:

But,

> will be granted.

Oh no !

Really .... As I read the new rules we have to have the 800K in bank 90 days before extension application. Thereafter we must maintain at least 400k in bank for rest of the year.

24 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Really .... As I read the new rules we have to have the 800K in bank 90 days before extension application. Thereafter we must maintain at least 400k in bank for rest of the year.

Sure it’s 800 2/3 months before and 3 after, then 400 permanently

34 minutes ago, XD1 at Phuket said:

But,

> will be granted.

Oh no !

There,s the out for the agents.. non random won,t be checked...bloody unreal!

4 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

I understand the new rules to be 90 days before, and then 90 days after.   Thereafter a minimum balance of 400,000 baht for the remainder of the extension period (i.e. for 6 months where the 800,000 baht criteria kicks in again).

11 years here, and always retirement extensions.   This next extension will be a marriage one (married for 9 years).   Not because of financial constraint, but by having to maintain a fairly high balance of monies here, I'm in a situation of compulsory transferring money to maintain that balance when the exchange rate may not be at its best.   No minimum balance with a Marriage extension, though I appreciate there are slightly more hoops to jump through to obtain it.

13 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

HUH:
it states

for 2019

Minimum of 800.000 Baht in Thai bank account (in your own name) for at least 2 months before the application date.

In a random selection process it is possible that applicants will receive a 90 days under consideration stamp and have to return to the immigration department after 90 days with new bank statements to proof that the 800.000 Baht is still in your account after which the remaining months will be granted.

I read this as when you go in for your extension they will MIGHT give you under consideration, (same as those on Marriage extensions get) than when u report back in 90 days it will be extended for the full year and you will be told at the first extension if your one of the unlucky ones to have been chosen, otherwise continue doing the 90 days online or LEAVE after 89 days and return, which starts your 90 day clock over.

NO mention of the 400,000

MY question is

say i want to switch from full 8000,000 to monthly
i need show 1 full year for 2020, so AFTER i get my extension i can pull all my $$ and that next month start showing 65,000/month coming in>>>??

....Thai bank account of at least 65.000 Baht a month for the previous 12 months which must be proven. Phuket Immigration do not accept income into a bank account less than the required 12 months period.

Problem is, that two months before is the usual period for the first extension. Then it's three months before for each subsequent extension. As this hasn't actually been clarified, do you really want to risk an extension being turned down due to a misunderstanding on the seasoning period?

The way I read it, is that the 90 day under consideration stamp will be given instead of the year extension. When you come back in 90 days, you will either get the remaining nine months, or the extension will be refused.

Always read immigration rules in the worst possible way and then you won't get caught out.

..... In a random selection process it is possible that applicants will receive a 90

so you will know in advance if you need keep the 800,000 in.

My MORE important question is, what if I want switch to the 65,000/month and need 12 months>
do i still need leave 800,000 for 3 months after and 400,000 thru the year??

My extension is due july 15, so will go into Phuket an ask the head honcho mid march what is what

1 minute ago, phuketrichard said:

so you will know in advance if you need keep the 800,000 in.

My MORE important question is, what if I want switch to the 65,000/month and need 12 months>

My extension is due july 15, so will go into Phuket an ask the head honcho mid march what is what

Yes, I read and understood that it was possible. You won't know if it's two, or three months before extension for the 800k, unless immigration make it clear, or, you ask. I certainly wouldn't assume anything about something so important.

On 2/19/2019 at 11:25 AM, PST said:

The income affidavits from the UK, USA and Australia are indeed  not accepted anymore for the extension based on marriage but they are still accepted (as long they are still valid and with the correct supporting documents) for the extension bases on retirement.

41 minutes ago, merijn said:

The income affidavits from the UK, USA and Australia are indeed  not accepted anymore for the extension based on marriage but they are still accepted (as long they are still valid and with the correct supporting documents) for the extension bases on retirement.

Bloody hope so!! Going in to do mine next week!! 

4 hours ago, merijn said:

Phuket Immigration Volunteers have a good explanation (which is just updated) on their website about the financial requirement for the retirement extension.

Link not working as of 1320.

Edit: working again now, as at 1330. all seems nice and clear but I'm bound to be the random 90 day 'secret shopper' with my luck. ????

still can anybody respond?

AFTER i get my extension this year with the 800,000 method ( cause i dont have 12 months of 65,000 deposits)
what if I want switch to the 65,000/month and need 12 months for 2020>

I would say that you don’t need to top up to 800,000 because you are not extending using cash. 400,000 must be there to prove compliance for last year.

This is logical, perhaps the rule makes this clear. It should read 800,000 deposit three months before extending and 400,000 for six months after extending.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

4 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

still can anybody respond?

AFTER i get my extension this year with the 800,000 method ( cause i dont have 12 months of 65,000 deposits)
what if I want switch to the 65,000/month and need 12 months for 2020>

I’m thinking the 800k must remain for 3 months after , as it’s a requisite for the extension you just got. IE, if you don’t your current extension is invalid.Also 400 k ongoing. But then to change to 65k the next year, you must start transferring 65 k immediately x 12 months. Double whammy?? Best ask to speak to the boss at Phuket. Personally I can,t do the logistics let alone the amounts and will go back home for OA from consulate

6 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Link not working as of 1320.

Edit: working again now, as at 1330. all seems nice and clear but I'm bound to be the random 90 day 'secret shopper' with my luck. ????

Just interests me how they may choose the random applicant ,certainly an agent won,t “be unlucky”

anyone here in Phuket been to immigration and can confirm its  2 months for the 800,000 BEFORE as the PIV link states> NOT first time getting a extension.
Minimum of 800.000 Baht in Thai bank account (in your own name) for at least 2 months before the application date.

OR is it 3 months

Have heard in Pattaya, they are making everyone go in 3 months AFTER they receive their extension to check they still have 800,000 in.

Archived