Regarding new Extensions $$$ regulations

phuketrichard

18 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

You can't show your 800k online, what are you talking about?

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

He's blathering on about online reporting, not the money issue if you follow the link. I blame phuketrichard for not putting PHUKET in the title so now we get the riff raff from elsewhere descending on us- I did warn him. ????

Technically one could show the money online- just log onto the Internet when at Immigration and show the IO the current balance in your account. he could then just tick a box on a form to say he had seen it. 

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's blathering on about online reporting, not the money issue if you follow the link. I blame phuketrichard for not putting PHUKET in the title so now we get the riff raff from elsewhere descending on us- I did warn him. [emoji1787]

Technically one could show the money online- just log onto the Internet when at Immigration and show the IO the current balance in your account. he could then just tick a box on a form to say he had seen it. 
I'm thinking they would not entertain that and I certainly would not want to do it, I have no problem going back 3 months after a granted temporary extension(should that happen) to prove my 800 has not been touched.

Wasn't there posts saying that Phuket immigration will check the 800k after the three months at the next extension?
Just because Pattaya does it, doesn't necessarily apply to Phuket.
Waiting for someone to post there experience at Phuket immigration only then will we know for sure.

2 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

You can't show your 800k online, what are you talking about?

You guys misunderstood what I said.

What I meant was the 90 days reporting online and not show 800k online.

If we have to go to immigration after 90 days to show our 800k, then it defeats the purpose of saving a trip to immigration for our 90 days report.

Just now, EricTh said:

You guys misunderstood what I said.

What I meant was the 90 days reporting online and not show 800k online.

If we have to go to immigration after 90 days to show our 800k, then it defeats the purpose of saving a trip to immigration for our 90 days report.

This topic about 1 year extension.

Why confuse with 90 day reporting.

2 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

This topic about 1 year extension.

Why confuse with 90 day reporting.

Why did immigration need us to report 800k after 90 days?

It is because everyone of us have to do 90 days report anyway, so it is doing two things at the same time. That must be their thinking.

2 hours ago, Psimbo said:

He's blathering on about online reporting, not the money issue if you follow the link. I blame phuketrichard for not putting PHUKET in the title so now we get the riff raff from elsewhere descending on us- I did warn him. ????

Easier just to take the bank book and copies. So long as recent transaction. Doubt screen shot balance acceptable. But who knows.

29 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Why did immigration need us to report 800k after 90 days?

It is because everyone of us have to do 90 days report anyway, so it is doing two things at the same time. That must be their thinking.

Please don't confuse the issue.

This extra report after 90 days is pure speculation at the moment. Merijn has stated that it might be a random selection and he knows better than most. Let's wait for someone actually to renew an extension and report back on here to find out the reality.

8 minutes ago, madmitch said:

This extra report after 90 days is pure speculation at the moment. Merijn has stated that it might be a random selection and he knows better than most. Let's wait for someone actually to renew an extension and report back on here to find out the reality.

The  Phuket volunteer website says random so it’s ,as usual, up to each officer to decide. Best to be friends I suspect

13 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

Waiting for someone to post there experience at Phuket immigration only then will we know for sure.

EXACTLY

I am waiting for someone that has done their yearly extension to tell us what Immigration told them about the after 90day report.

I blame phuketrichard for not putting PHUKET in the title ....

Its IN the phuket subsection...

By phuketrichard, February 13 in Phuket Forum

34 minutes ago, madmitch said:

not at jomtien it's not

27 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

EXACTLY

I am waiting for someone that has done their yearly extension to tell us what Immigration told them about the after 90day report.

Its IN the phuket subsection...

By phuketrichard, February 13 in Phuket Forum

If it’s random one,s experience may differ from the next, that’s the point, as usual!

On 2/28/2019 at 7:18 PM, XD1 at Phuket said:

http://piv-phuket.com/changes-regarding-retirement-extension-application/

New information form Phuket Immigration Volunteer.

My retirement 1 year is THB 800,000 in Thai bank method.

It seems that we do not have to report our bank amount at TM-47 90 days.

But,

> In a random selection process it is possible that applicants will receive a

> 90 days under consideration stamp and have to return to the immigration

> department after 90 days with new bank statements to proof that

> the 800.000 Baht is still in your account after which the remaining months

> will be granted.

Oh no !

On 3/8/2019 at 5:24 PM, phuketrichard said:

anyone here in Phuket been to immigration and can confirm its  2 months for the 800,000 BEFORE as the PIV link states> NOT first time getting a extension.
Minimum of 800.000 Baht in Thai bank account (in your own name) for at least 2 months before the application date.

OR is it 3 months

Have heard in Pattaya, they are making everyone go in 3 months AFTER they receive their extension to check they still have 800,000 in.

It is changed to 2 months before the application date for all extensions. (first time and consecutive extensions)

On 3/8/2019 at 7:56 PM, Joe Mcseismic said:

Wasn't there posts saying that Phuket immigration will check the 800k after the three months at the next extension?

Just because Pattaya does it, doesn't necessarily apply to Phuket.

That 3 months balance after the application date (and the balance for the whole year) will be checked at your next years extension. 

Unless you are one of the lucky ones who is getting a under consideration stamp, but until now this has not happened yet

On 3/9/2019 at 9:34 AM, Valentine said:

Does anyone know the immigration volunteer email address as the one listed on their website doe snot work

the email address is working ( [email protected] ) as normal.

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 2:52 PM, phuketrichard said:

confirmed with talk with the head guy downstairs

800,000 2 months before..3 after than 400,000

random checks for the after 3 months, (no idea what the criteria is as didn't what to push it)

Remarkable if this more or less weekly "modified" regulations are to believe in! They who still can get income verification from their embassy can get away with transfer whatever amount to Thailand monthly/yearly but they who use the 800k in bank have to keep 400K in the bank all the year....????

Archived