Extension to stay based on marriage at Chiangmai Immigration 12:02:2019

Grumpy Old Man

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 10:02 PM, FolkGuitar said:

Jim, it's not just the updated passbook. You need a form letter from the bank stating the current amount.

As for a checklist, ask at the Immigration information counter. That's where I got ours.

The form letter has to be within a working week. Only the bank book has to be updated on the day, unless that has changed.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 12:36 AM, FolkGuitar said:

Well... no, actually. An ordinary savings account. I had the same one for the past 18 years. Never had an Imm officer request that it be updated the same day. I've always done it the day before.

It's up to the im officer. They can make up whatever <deleted> they like, and what can we do about it? First time I had bank book update done day before- OK. next year I was sent away to do it because done day before.

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 4:03 PM, FolkGuitar said:

I was a bit worried this past renewal as my photo had a white background while my wife's photo had a dark blue background, but apparently that, too, is not an issue.

it's only an issue if they want to make it an issue. If they got lucky last night, no problem, Didn't get lucky, everyone will suffer.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's up to the im officer. They can make up whatever <deleted> they like, and what can we do about it? First time I had bank book update done day before- OK. next year I was sent away to do it because done day before.

I'm more inclined to think that if the Immigration officer thinks there is something dodgy about the person facing him, he will tend to delve deeper and request newer or additional paperwork.  Rather like Customs Officers at ports of entry, getting a 'feeling' about someone and pulling them out for inspection while letting others pass through.

9 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

I'm more inclined to think that if the Immigration officer thinks there is something dodgy about the person facing him, he will tend to delve deeper and request newer or additional paperwork.  Rather like Customs Officers at ports of entry, getting a 'feeling' about someone and pulling them out for inspection while letting others pass through.

Getting bank book done on the day was hardly "delving deeper".

IMO "delving deeper" was being held for 4 hours at Heathrow customs while the customs officer tried to find something to charge me with, or stop me entering the UK. Given I had a British passport there was nothing he could do to stop me entering, and he was also unable to find anything to charge me with. My crime? Being a single man arriving from Thailand, so I had to be a paedo. He knew that because his mates had visited Thailand, and in his opinion all single men only go to Thailand for underage girls. He was a <deleted> <deleted>, but that's Britain for you. Land of barking PC.

9 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

They get that 'feeling' about me whenever I haven't paid an agent 25k.

Except that time when my misses completely lost it and started screaming, waving her arms around and foaming at the mouth ....... the boss came out and processed my extension PDQ that time.

20 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

my misses completely lost it and started screaming, waving her arms around and foaming at the mouth ....... the boss came out and processed my extension PDQ that time.

they will remember you forever for that and it will not be with pdq service

Archived