BANGKOK 19 April 2019 01:34
Grumpy Old Man

Extension to stay based on marriage at Chiangmai Immigration 12:02:2019

I don't think the Thai's have a fountain of knowledge anywhere in any government office in Thailand.  It's too bad you guys were subjected to their nonsense.  If Thai Immigration keeps this up, the only people in Thailand, will be the Thais, Chinese, and Indians.
I think you're replying to the wrong person.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

19 minutes ago, roo860 said:

19 minutes ago, roo860 said:

Okay Thanks, sorry 😞

OneEyedJohn thanks for posting the red card..  Interestingly this card is different from the one cssmith posted (under Extension of Thai spouse VIsa on 27Feb this year.

Mine cost about 5000, and worth every satang.

The amounts quoted are based on the assumption that the person requiring a retirement visa is unable to provide the necessary documents etc

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I don't get it or don't believe it; did mine last week and we were in and out inside two hours, no extra sets of paperwork required and i never use agents.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/13/2019 at 10:17 PM, Kelsall said:

Use an agent

555, I tried last year and the agent said "Too difficult and not easy to get, easier to get a retirement extension". This time I did it myself and saved over 5,000 Baht.

Ok, the first time I had all the paperwork apart from the Kor Ror 22? The IO couldn't speak English, why would an IO not be able to speak English, her only customers are foreigners!! So another IO came over and explained that I need to go to the local Amphur and get the document, a week later I saw the same IO and she was just awkward saying to my wife she needed 2 copies of everything, so I got the pile of papers and showed her 2 copies of everything, she was not happy! There was a bank statement that she said she needed on the first visit but then discarded the same document on the second time.

The first visit took 30 minutes, the second visit took 1 hour, then we had a phone call a day later to ask if we could take a witness down to Immigration, rather than them coming to the house, no problem. They interviewed our friend for around 20 minutes and that was it.

I had to go back to get the stamp approval 4 weeks later and just done my first 90 day report online, a breeze.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PGThompson1 said:

The IO couldn't speak English, why would an IO not be able to speak English, her only customers are foreigners!!

Because you're supposed to use an agent, and the agent can speak Thai and English.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PGThompson1 said:

555, I tried last year and the agent said "Too difficult and not easy to get, easier to get a retirement extension". This time I did it myself and saved over 5,000 Baht.

Ok, the first time I had all the paperwork apart from the Kor Ror 22? The IO couldn't speak English, why would an IO not be able to speak English, her only customers are foreigners!! So another IO came over and explained that I need to go to the local Amphur and get the document, a week later I saw the same IO and she was just awkward saying to my wife she needed 2 copies of everything, so I got the pile of papers and showed her 2 copies of everything, she was not happy! There was a bank statement that she said she needed on the first visit but then discarded the same document on the second time.

The first visit took 30 minutes, the second visit took 1 hour, then we had a phone call a day later to ask if we could take a witness down to Immigration, rather than them coming to the house, no problem. They interviewed our friend for around 20 minutes and that was it.

I had to go back to get the stamp approval 4 weeks later and just done my first 90 day report online, a breeze.

If you get a good visa agency to do this for you it makes life so much easier.  I did my own retirement visas until immigration moved their circus over to Promanda Mall.  That's when I threw in the towel and started using a visa agency.  

I don't even have to converse with immigration staff, and as a result it has even lowered my blood pressure.    

• Like 1