Luckypro MQS 130 pump.

Artisi

The service/repair advice for Lucky Pro pumps (Shenzhen many brands pump company) is place in trash bin and buy new when mechanically kaput. 

Apart from replacing pressure switch or start capacitor not worth the trouble at 1800 Baht for new pump.

37 minutes ago, Fruit Trader said:

The service/repair advice for Lucky Pro pumps (Shenzhen many brands pump company) is place in trash bin and buy new when mechanically kaput. 

Apart from replacing pressure switch or start capacitor not worth the trouble at 1800 Baht for new pump.

no argument there, just interested in the inlet non-return valve configuration prior to removing the unit to check if this could be the problem I might have with the system.

52 minutes ago, Fruit Trader said:

I have to agree with your post. Thai's fitted similar when I first had my set up sorted. Pump went up the creek, bearings went after 6 months. Took it back into the shop where they got it from and their reply was Rubbish pump no guarantee. Changed it to a Hitachi 200 that has just has given me problems at just over 9 years old. New one fitted, took old one into our local repair place to see it they could sort it out as a spare. Seems there was a small dead snake in the cooling fan. Result nothing wrong with pump, now have a spare. Conclusion don't buy cheap by the best around 5.000th bt, they last for years if looked after.   

4 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

I have to agree with your post. Thai's fitted similar when I first had my set up sorted. Pump went up the creek, bearings went after 6 months. Took it back into the shop where they got it from and their reply was Rubbish pump no guarantee. Changed it to a Hitachi 200 that has just has given me problems at just over 9 years old. new one fitted, took old one into our local repair place to see it they could sort it out as a spare. Seems there was a small dead snake in the cooling fan. Result nothing wrong with pump, now have a spare. Conclusion don't buy cheap by the best around 5.000th bt, they last for years if looked after.   

should have said this is a small backup fill pump - run a few times a year -  the main unit is Grundfos

1 minute ago, Artisi said:

should have said this is a small backup fill pump - run a few times a year -  the main unit is Grundfos

If you only use it a few time a year that could well be your problem. Water sitting in it just buggering the inside as it's not moving.

55 minutes ago, Artisi said:

no argument there, just interested in the inlet non-return valve configuration prior to removing the unit to check if this could be the problem I might have with the system.

The non return is a simple flap valve near to the inlet port. Expose it by removing the inlet flange.

These little pumps are luck of the draw and can run for a few months or many years without failing.

10 minutes ago, Fruit Trader said:

The non return is a simple flap valve near to the inlet port. Expose it by removing the inlet flange.

These little pumps are luck of the draw and can run for a few months or many years without failing.

Maybe that's why they are called Luckypro????

LuckyStar water pumps sold in Thailand are of higher quality than LuckyPro. Same importer, but two different grades of inexpensive water pumps. Some stores sell LuckyPro, other stores will guarantee and easily repair LuckyStar. Look at them side by side and you can see real differences. The same importer brings Rover Lawn mowers from China to Thailand. 

1 hour ago, David B in Thailand said:

LuckyStar water pumps sold in Thailand are of higher quality than LuckyPro. Same importer, but two different grades of inexpensive water pumps. Some stores sell LuckyPro, other stores will guarantee and easily repair LuckyStar. Look at them side by side and you can see real differences. The same importer brings Rover Lawn mowers from China to Thailand. 

All of the common lucky brand cast start life at the same Zhejiang casting factory and then make their way to other plants who add their twist colors and name.  Superpump brand add a pretty ribbed motor and five star quality sticker.

Basic spare parts are available but impellers are difficult because of the close fit machine matching with their outer cover. Most of these pumps are warranty scrapped replaced or refunded along the supply chain.

My uncle keeps a fair stock of these pumps under various wacky names and bright colors but will rarely bother to fix them under warranty unless it takes less than a few minutes.

Chinese Leo brand are one of the best quality compact pumps of this style.

Archived