India Hawkers in Bangkok

Cracker2000

Anyone else notice the booming number of I India hawkers around Sukhumvit, Soi 4-4 try to shift moody watches on the street and in the bars?

Not started in Pattaya that I've seen but if it does their find the Thai hawkers protective of their patches.

And other boom in 'Quality Tourists'.

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Ive slummed down there a few times over the past few weeks. Its nice to see the sidewalks getting replaced and it was really lit up well the other night. The watch and undercover Viagara sellers are annoying though

11 hours ago, ballpoint said:

India Hawkers?  People trying to sell you India?  Maybe you should just start by buying a bridge and work your way up.

I wonder how much is the asking price to buy the country of India? Do I need to keep all the people living there or can I buy it with vacant possession? ????????

56 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

I wonder how much is the asking price to buy the country of India? Do I need to keep all the people living there or can I buy it with vacant possession? ????????

Just buy it, walk in and start ordering everyone about.  It worked for the British.

19 hours ago, SheungWan said:

One Indian guy came up to me on the walkway towards the Wan Chai Ferry in Hong Kong and told me I had a lucky forehead.

I haven't had this in years.. I miss those guys, their slight of hand tricks are well worth a couple of hundred baht for a bit of entertainment. I draw the line when they try to sell me a candle for 2000 baht though.

Can't say I've seen much change really except a reduction in the watch sellers near Asoke on the way to cowboy. Don't ever recall too many Indians around Suk Soi 4 unless you mean touts for tailors and the couple of restaurants down soi 4 itself who are easy to ignore.

I was there last week and will be there again on Saturday. Can you be more specific?

10 hours ago, Benroon said:

I cut my thai teeth on Soi 4 many moons ago - there was a bar called the cabin or something and had an absolute worldie in there called Noo - (before they all started eating like Americans with worms)- I thought she was different from all the others lolol. Cringe when I look back. 

She’s a school head teacher now !!

Carry on - Indians no don’t see too many and just ignore the <deleted> if I see the odd one 

I can remember one from a well known bar on 4 who was juggling 3 for quite a while, from memory 1 french 1 belgian and 1 from UK. She did it quite well and even managed a 3 or 4 day overlap when two turned up.

Each one eventually took her home for a holiday and she married the obviously richest one.

On the salted peanut thing I never buy them or eat them from dishes on the bar.

Google  analysis on bar peanuts for a full education.

????????????

Or go direct google  urine on bar peanuts. ????

On 2/13/2019 at 12:35 AM, SheungWan said:

One Indian guy came up to me on the walkway towards the Wan Chai Ferry in Hong Kong and told me I had a lucky forehead. Another time a nice Indian lady approached me on Nathan Road with a view to selling her daughter. Or so she said.

Wonder how old the daughter was............once in Cambodia I was offered three girls - all under 15...........showed the bastard my pistol and he ran one way, and the girls ran the other.  That was in the Wild Wild West days late Nineties, early 2000.

15 hours ago, emptypockets said:

Can't say I've seen much change really except a reduction in the watch sellers near Asoke on the way to cowboy. Don't ever recall too many Indians around Suk Soi 4 unless you mean touts for tailors and the couple of restaurants down soi 4 itself who are easy to ignore.

I was there last week and will be there again on Saturday. Can you be more specific?

Soi 11 and Cowboy was there favorite haunts, I think it is because they can rapidly disappear in crowds when Cops come around.

25 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Wonder how old the daughter was............once in Cambodia I was offered three girls - all under 15...........showed the bastard my pistol and he ran one way, and the girls ran the other.  That was in the Wild Wild West days late Nineties, early 2000.

Looked more like the mother's younger sister.

22 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Your pistol is that big?

On 2/13/2019 at 8:40 PM, ballpoint said:

India Hawkers?  People trying to sell you India?  Maybe you should just start by buying a bridge and work your way up.

Yep, at least 1 million of them own the Taj Mahal and all are open to an offer, free delivery included. 

23 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

We're all off topic here but I'll risk it since I didn't start it. When in Indonesia, I was offered by hawkers (back on topic) a girl. When I said "no", the hawker said "I get you whole girl" !

(wouldn't consider anything less if I was buying)

But I did note that "whole" girl looked about 14.

Archived