Why do a majority of Americans vote against their own interests?

Solinvictus

What a great question for so many of the tunnel visioned and hateful on both sides of the aisle.

Now a days democrats do not protect union workers nor do they stand for the people... Republicans with their hateful base and Christian right, not to mention the continued infringement on our civil liberties..

I envy the “yellow-vests.”

Pulitzer Prize winning journalist Chris Hedges makes the comment, "Because we're not offered the opportunity to vote for a party that protects our interests.."

Please check the short interview clip in regards to this post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upEeyIw_f0Y

5 hours ago, Solinvictus said:

Republicans with their hateful base and Christian right, not to mention the continued infringement on our civil liberties..

yes like gun control. Not. 

and Communists Marxists are all about human rights and freedom.

36 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

yes like gun control. Not. 

and Communists Marxists are all about human rights and freedom.

35 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

OK. That should get the shit stirred up. 

Wait till I get some pop corn. OK. Go!

Yeah I agree with the right to have a gun. Im not against you on that.

I did not intent to be partisan.

Secondly, if you don’t think The PATRIOT Act, internet privacy, and an overbearing judicial system are not infringements on our civil liberties than yeah you “bit.” Did you see Trump's newest nominee for AG? William Barr, ha. Here we come warrantless surveillance!

Too address the second comment about communists, it doesn’t stir shit up so much as it shows how much you adhere to the political right’s free programming.  Haha Hope your popcorn isnt too salty now.

Come on, am I right or am I right?

11 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

I vote in accordance with my interests, dont you?

But in a virtual 2 party system are there actually parties that match your interests ?. One of the great things (and bad as its has two sides) of my country is that we have many smaller parties so its easier to find one that suits you. The bad side is of course that small parties have to compromise to get in government and can't always give what they promise.

17 hours ago, Solinvictus said:

Pulitzer Prize winning journalist Chris Hedges makes the comment

Russia Today. Finally Real News.

I'm not sure a majority of my fellow citizens actually vote, OK 2016 was a high at 61.4%.

And when we do we voted for Hilary Clinton.

23 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I'm not sure a majority of my fellow citizens actually vote, OK 2016 was a high at 61.4%.

You must be a tax recipient, yes?

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

The Russia Today interview was with an American host and then with an American Journalist who previously worked for The New York Times. Please dont tell me you think CNN is better than Russia Today's reporting and informative coverage.

Why did they vote for HRC? Certainly not because of her rapist husband.  Or her efforts within her campaign to undermine her fellow democrat B. Sanders. When is she going to jail for those emails?

Hell, many people cant vote because their districts have been gerrymandered by parties on both sides.

2 hours ago, robblok said:

But in a virtual 2 party system are there actually parties that match your interests ?. One of the great things (and bad as its has two sides) of my country is that we have many smaller parties so its easier to find one that suits you. The bad side is of course that small parties have to compromise to get in government and can't always give what they promise.

I take the best that I can get. I'm not affected by PC SJW concerns 

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The American comedian George Carlin summed it up:

“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

He was such a great comedian! Speaking of comedians He and a guy named Jimmy Dore are great for political comedy. 

Archived