Taxi fare

Haso

I think that's the fare without any waiting time, when you make the trip you will of course pay more than that.

If you go up to the "departures" and take a taxi which just dropped passengers off at the airport you don't have to pay the 50 THB airport surcharge

Thanks to both of you for the good advice... today at Don Mueang...200 baht base .. Plus 50 surcharge.. Plus 120 Bht for tolls... One way..370.. Same same on way back..very comfortable and very reasonable in my opinion.. Good way to travel to VFS. Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

On 2/13/2019 at 5:52 PM, shadowofacloud said:

170 THB base fare for 29km + 50 THB surcharge for airport trip + 70 THB for tollways. (IIRC)

Somehow that doesn't seem quite right at all. Are you talking about in the middle of the night at 3am when there are no cars on the road? Even at that time the base fare would be a higher than 170 baht going through the tollways, closer to 200 baht.

On 2/13/2019 at 10:41 AM, jackdd said:

I think that's the fare without any waiting time, when you make the trip you will of course pay more than that.

If you go up to the "departures" and take a taxi which just dropped passengers off at the airport you don't have to pay the 50 THB airport surcharge

Seriously? You recommend that someone run the risk of a taxi who will refuse to use a meter, or  a taxi against which there is little recourse? You recommend an unlawful act. What normal person wants to climb over a grimy barrier and run those risks all for 50 baht? When departing from the taxi lines downstairs, one is given evidence  of the driver & vehicle and can easily make a complaint against a driver who can be tracked down. Very handy if one forgets a bag or loses something in the taxi or has a dispute with the driver.

370 baht as I said.. Highly recommended. Took taxi from downstairs, all very organized and civilized, maybe took 5 minutes..got the good driver, only way to do it... My Thai wife tipped him 30bht.. Everybody happy. Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

6 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

You recommend an unlawful act. What normal person wants to climb over a grimy barrier and run those risks all for 50 baht?

I'm sure there is nothing unlawful in taking the escalator to go from the arrivals to the departure and then taking a taxi there. About which barrier are you talking? You just go out of the door and the taxis are there.

6 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

When departing from the taxi lines downstairs, one is given evidence  of the driver & vehicle and can easily make a complaint against a driver who can be tracked down. Very handy if one forgets a bag or loses something in the taxi or has a dispute with the driver.

This is of course everybody's personal choice, i never had a really bad experience with a taxi driver anywhere in Thailand so i personally don't see a problem in taking a taxi there.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2019 at 5:52 PM, shadowofacloud said:

170 THB base fare for 29km + 50 THB surcharge for airport trip + 70 THB for tollways. (IIRC)

Thanks for the answer, but the base fare is way to low. Sorry mate! 

Walk to the bus stop and get a bus into Bangkok. 20 km later, get off and  t h e n  take a taxi ????

Archived