Heads up re Lazada

evadgib

14 hours ago, Samuel Smith said:

Do you use Lazada website on your computer or the app on your phone?  I tried ordering stuff from Chinese sellers & they kept getting cancelled.  Then, one day I logged on, thru the app on my phone & there were messages from the sellers asking me to confirm my address.  Never via my computer!

Yes i recently had this but not with a Chinese seller but a Thai one. Strange as my address is always the same. 

What i find funny is that people are always complaining about lazada while with Ebay you face the same problems of packages not coming and sellers being slow but people never complain about ebay.

Its a commerce platform for crying out loud, they are not responsible for individual sellers. They are quite helpful (if a Thai calls). 

Anyway 95% or more of the times it goes well, only had one time I had to confirm my address and one time they lied about delivering. 

After sending a package back (not as ordered) I was given a refund, so although I always pay COD I thought I'd put it into Lazada wallet. When I tried to do what was necessary (ATM, complicated procedure) to pay for another product, I was warned that I can only use the voucher once. So I put the code into the ATM three times and was told I was doing it wrong. Of course, TIT, the customer is always wrong. I have made many mistakes in my life but very rarely with numbers. So I just abandoned that effort. On checking back home, the huge sum of ฿200 had disappeared from my wallet, Lazada customer service promptly answered with "this service is not available at present". Gone.

It really doesn't matter, but paying COD is the only way to use Lazada at present.

I've ordered dozens of items from Lazada over the last few months, all paid with my CC online because I'm rarely around delivery time. Nary a problem.

The couple of times I wasn't happy with the product, printed out the return form, stuck it on and dropped off at the 7-11 end of my soi and the refund was in my card in a week.

Lazada's been a boon. Must have saved me countless trips to Big C, Pantip, ...

• Like 1

Follow up from the OP

Lazada rang out of the blue this morning to apologize and offer a THB 100 voucher. I pointed out the problem re customs & med appliances and made the views expressed earlier(#12) known. They appreciated the feedback & I appreciated their call.

Edited by evadgib