bumps biopsy and removal

GeKoSc

I will need a biopsy and removal of 2 bumps, 1 (1cm diameter) behind  the left ear and another smaller under the nose. 

Initial costing checks at 2 of the known hospitals in Pattaya resulted in a 600 USD bill ONLY for the biopsy  (including the doctors fee). 

Anyone out there knows a place in Pattaya or eventually in Bangkok to consider for the biopsy or the removal or for both?

All suggestions are welcome....   

It does cost about 300 USD for an incisional biopsy at private hospitals here (inclusive of removal under local anesthetic and pathology exam).

If the issue is suspected skin cancer your problem going elsewhere is that very few Thai doctors have any experience with skin cancer and that includes the pathologists who read the biopsies.

If it were me, I'd pay what it costs to have this done by Dr. Anna at BPH. In fact a few years ago I drove considerable distance (7 hours r/t) to do just that myself.

But if your prefer you can certainly get it done at much less cost at a government hospital. The best one for this would be the specialized skin hospital in Bangkok  http://inderm.go.th/inderm_eng/indexeng.php

By the way if you have inpatient only health insurance, many (but nto all) insurers would consider an incisional biopsy to be day surgery and cover it as such so worth looking into that.

15 hours ago, GeKoSc said:

I will need a biopsy and removal of 2 bumps,

Dr. Niyom Tantikun is my dermatologist at Bumrungrad Hospital in Bangkok. 

He removes my skin tags from my face and removed a mole from my back I was worried about. He was honest and said it was not a problem but I did it anyway. Emailed biopsy as negative. 

Speaks perfect English.

Now if I could just find a place for a good face lift.:cheesy:

2 hours ago, vogie said:

I have a wartish type of a growth on the back of my thigh, but not a wart. My wifes sister said try putting some. Iodine/Betadine on it regularly, which I am doing, but have serious doubts as to its effectiveness.

That is just an antiseptic and will certainly not remove any lesion.

Archived