• Notes and Checklist for Checklists and Notes for Marriage Extension

I have prepared a document which I hope will assist people with the paperwork who wish to apply for the Extension of Temporary Stay by Reason of Marriage, from Thai Immigration meaning within Thailand.

It is not any "official" document and neither is it connected with this website.

While I have tried to be as accurate as possible, any mistakes are of course my own.

It commences with some notes, which are followed by checklists.

You can download and evaluate it, in PDF format from the following address:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/aq6q242w61wc31z/Checklists_and_Notes_for_Marriage_Extension.pdf/file

I have sought to make it as accurate as possible as at today 13 February 2019.

Regards,

Robert333

• Like 1

A couple things:

From three months before a new subsequent “Extension” application, ensure the required
amount of Baht in a Thai savings account, as it must remain undiminished for a whole three
months till the application.

Only at a few offices.  For most, it remains 2, as this is specified in the relevant police-order.  Those deviating from 2 months are violating the police-order (but there is no oversight, so nothing you can do).

At a few offices (including CW in Bangkok), you cannot touch your money during the "under consideration" period, which may last 1 or 2 additional months after applying.  This also violates the terms of the police-order, which limits "seasoning" to 2 months total.  It is enforced by needing to bring an updated bank book to each visit for "under consideration" (1 or 2 visits, depending if the complete "consideration" in 30 days or not).

Applicant must ensure there is sufficient time validity remaining on their Passport.

If less than a year, you can still do the extension, but it will only last as long as the passport-validity.

Edited by JackThompson

IMO opinion it is a little to long. I opened it yesterday evening and just scrolled quickie until I got to page 7 where I found some glaring errors.

8 ) Original Thai Marriage Certificate and two copies [or (“If from abroad, certified by Thai
Embassy or Consulate) with Certificate of Family, Certificate of Marriage”) [extract from
Immigration checklist]].
9) Thai spouse’s original I.D. Card, and two copies.
10) Original Thai spouse’s House Registration book, and two copies of all used pages.

8. Is not correct, If they marriage certificate is from abroad a Kor Ror 22 is needed to prove the foreign marriage has been registered at an Amphoe is needed.

For a Thai registered marriage a Kor Ror 2 marriage registry (recently printed out by a Amphoe at many offices) is needed along with copies of the marriage certificate (Kor Ror 3)

9. Good to have but not often asked for,

10. The original house book is not needed since many wives would not have the original. Just a copy of page one and the page the wife is registered on is all that is required.

Sorry but I have not gone any further than page 7 yet.

Perhaps I have a look at this list I made up some time ago. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

glegolo wrote: "mention what immigration-office this information is related to":

Yes, requirements may differ between offices but the rules apply to all. I have taken two example offices (I have applied to each on different years) - the requirements were almost identical; my document reflects the requirements of those two Immigration offices and it does also caution people to check the requirements of the office to which they intend to apply.

I do not want to identify those example Immigration offices.

Moderator ubonjoe identifies what he describes as "glaring errors":

Number 8 comes from an Immigration leaflet (as is mentioned in my document), though I do welcome his experienced input ! 

Items 9 and 10 of the Extension checklist in my document, were required at the two example Immigration offices to which I have applied in separate years; that's therefore why those items are in my document.

Justine Side wrote: "some wrong information", but does not specify it (unlike the indeed helpful feedback from moderator ubonjoe who did specify about what he is concerned); and to which I have responded above.

Best regards,

Robert333

Edited by Robert333

3 minutes ago, Robert333 said:

Yes, requirements may differ between offices but the rules apply to all. I have taken two example offices (I have applied to each on different years) - the requirements were almost identical; the document reflects their requirements and does warn people to check the requirements of the office to which they intend to apply.

I do not want to identify those offices.

Moderator ubonjoe identifies what he describes as "glaring errors":

Number 8 comes from an Immigration leaflet (as mentioned in my document) though I welcome his imput !. 

9 and 10 were required at the two example Immigration offices to which I have applied in separate years; that's therefore why they are in my document.

Justine Side wrote: "some wrong information", but does not specify it (unlike the indeed helpful feedback from moderator ubonjoe who did specify about what he is concerned); and to which I have responded above.

Best regards,

Robert333

Worthless without identifying Immigration Office.  No the rules don't apply to all. 

Justine Side wrote: "some wrong information", but does not specify it 

From three months before a new subsequent “Extension” application, ensure the required amount of Baht in a Thai savings account, as it must remain undiminished for a whole three months till the application.

Wrong. It is 2 months for every application.

Timing as regards applicant’s Passport: Applicant must ensure there is sufficient time validity remaining on their Passport. Applicant must also ensure they have enough unused pages in their Passport.

You will get the extension depending on the months validity left on your passport.

For the Application for Extension and also a “Re-Entry Permit” application, a total of 3 photos of the applicant 4 x 6 cm, are required.

I only every provide one for the application.

However, avoid orange or black clothes

Load of tosh.

I understand a reason for applying to be given by the male applicant is: “To support my Thai wife”

"Thai Wife" is enough.

To be honest I got bored after that.

You are making it to be much more complicated than it actually is.

Anyone reading that will probably not even make the effort to apply.

It really is not that complicated.

Edited by Justin Side
  • Like 1

Jack Thompson and Justin Side pointed out the period of money in account should be 2 months. 

The error would not affect the validity of the application - it would result in possibly some extra interest.

However, a corrected version of my document can be downloaded here:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5rxrpmcyfy5r38a/Checklists_and_Notes_for_Marriage_Extension_16_2_2019.pdf/file

Regards,

Robert333