The Perfect Cheese Omelet

sceadugenga

Bino's Gourmet Souffle Omelette

Prepare any cooked fillings in advance- whatever you want. Sauteed onions, bacon, etc.

Separate 3 eggs- whites in a large, clean, dry bowl. Dump yolks in a smaller bowl.

Whip the egg whites until firm. The egg whites should form a "peak" with the tip folding over when you lift out the eggbeater.

Beat the yolks enough to combine them, and then fold them into the whites very gently to mix them without flattening the whites.

Pour the mix into an oiled non-stick skillet on medium to medium high heat (6 out of 10 on my stove), and cover. Check occasionally, working the spatula under the edge to ensure that the omelette is not sticking.

Add your cheese and filling when the top surface looks "meduim dry-ish". Cover and cook for about 60 - 90 seconds more.

Cut it in half across the diameter in the pan, and flip one side on top same as folding. Pre-cutting is required, as it will be too thick to fold otherwise.

Cook for another 60 seconds, and serve ASAP. A nice light fluffy omelette guaranteed to ipmress. Serves two people nicely.

Edit- Especially delicious with smoked salmon filling and hollandaise sauce!

yeah...I always thought that saute the filling before adding to the egg mixture was the best way to go except for grated cheese that is added directly...grind some pepper and add a little salt when the egg mixture is in the pan...

Bino's Gourmet Souffle Omelette

Prepare any cooked fillings in advance- whatever you want. Sauteed onions, bacon, etc.

Separate 3 eggs- whites in a large, clean, dry bowl. Dump yolks in a smaller bowl.

Whip the egg whites until firm. The egg whites should form a "peak" with the tip folding over when you lift out the eggbeater.

Beat the yolks enough to combine them, and then fold them into the whites very gently to mix them without flattening the whites.

Pour the mix into an oiled non-stick skillet on medium to medium high heat (6 out of 10 on my stove), and cover. Check occasionally, working the spatula under the edge to ensure that the omelette is not sticking.

Add your cheese and filling when the top surface looks "meduim dry-ish". Cover and cook for about 60 - 90 seconds more.

Cut it in half across the diameter in the pan, and flip one side on top same as folding. Pre-cutting is required, as it will be too thick to fold otherwise.

Cook for another 60 seconds, and serve ASAP. A nice light fluffy omelette guaranteed to ipmress. Serves two people nicely.

Edit- Especially delicious with smoked salmon filling and hollandaise sauce!

Bino, you have my full attention. thanks mate.