Police look to clamp down on Valentine fun

snoop1130

5 hours ago, jaltsc said:

"...maintain law and order during the celebration of love."

The way I understood the term maintain is like to take care of something existing, which is hardly the reality here with so many untouchables, daily occurrences of road carnage and road rage. But maybe I just read the wrong books:

Dictionary result for maintain

/mānˈtān/
verb

1. 1.
    cause or enable (a condition or state of affairs) to continue.

synonyms: continue, keep, keep going, keep up, keep alive, keep in existence, carry on, preserve, conserve, prolong, perpetuate, sustain,  retain, support, bear

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, KiChakayan said:

Mr. Lewd Act, if I am buying flowers for my wife, which I do every year, will it be considered as a lewd act?

Buying flowers for the wife is OK (do carry your marriage certificate with you at all times though), but kissing on the cheek will subject you to a hefty fine. Kissing on the lips, however, will not be tolerated and will lead to a jail sentence of no less than a year - to stop you committing the same offence next year! This government cares about YOU!

12 hours ago, attrayant said:

But the other 364 days are a-okay.

By the way, what has this got to do with immigration?

Immigration Commander is only only one of several jobs currently assigned to Pol Lt-General Surachet Hakpal.

12 hours ago, DrTuner said:

The Nation is being naughty eh...

"Valentine fun" = "invitations to drug parties or lewd acts"

Are we invited then?

What about the whores who work in bangla. Patpong. Soi cowboy. Nana p. Pattaya etc they do LEWD acts everyday and night. Double standards thailand. Mind you in 9 months after today thats your next crop of bar girls. Amazing thailand. It sure is

12 hours ago, Liverpudlian said:

Valentines was a product invented Uk to cheer up there loved ones dying in trenches far from home. FULL STOP.

Your knowledge of history is only exceeded by the liberties you take with grammar and spelling. Try going back to the 5th century CE for the name, and even further for the pagan rituals that it supplanted.

5 minutes ago, Seismic said:

Your knowledge of history is only exceeded by the liberties you take with grammar and spelling. Try going back to the 5th century CE for the name, and even further for the pagan rituals that it supplanted.

I believe it wasn't originally in February. It was moved to February by the church for some obscure reason, can't remember when or why.

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

Aren’t there more important matters?

One would certainly think so. 

Sometimes these press releases are something out of satirical comedy show. 

And as others have suggested, why is the man in charge of the immigration police involved in something so pathetic as this. 

12 hours ago, Liverpudlian said:

Valentines was a product invented Uk to cheer up there loved ones dying in trenches far from home. FULL STOP.

Where did you get that one?  It goes back to the Romans but has been celebrated in its present form since the Victorian era, the first world war doesn't appear to have added anything to it at all.

Archived