Police look to clamp down on Valentine fun

snoop1130

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Liverpudlian said:

Valentines was a product invented Uk to cheer up there loved ones dying in trenches far from home. FULL STOP.

Writing FULL STOP at the end of an incorrect statement doesn't make it right.

The origins of the festival were way earlier than that.

11 minutes ago, overherebc said:

I believe it wasn't originally in February. It was moved to February by the church for some obscure reason, can't remember when or why.

There was a pagan festival of fertility on the 15th Feb, it was outlawed and replaced by Valentines day in the 5th century, there is no record of any valentines celebration on any other date prior to this.

Every year, regardless of which government is in power, these "warnings and clampdowns" about teenage sex, unprotected sex, casual sex etc etc spring up just before and on Valentine's Day.

Maybe someone should consider the real reasons behind teenage and unmarried pregnancies like lack of education?

Btw: isn't BJ Deputy Chief of the Computer Crime Suppression Division as well as Head of Immigration police? I think he's specifically targeting the advertising of drug and/or sex parties via social media in the capacity.

14 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

There was a pagan festival of fertility on the 15th Feb, it was outlawed and replaced by Valentines day in the 5th century, there is no record of any valentines celebration on any other date prior to this.

Probably 3 or 4 different versions in history each one claimed by some as the true version.

Ancient history is full of 'it is believed that' phrases. Doesn't make it any less interesting though.

Original was the fertility festival for the Roman god of agriculture, Faunus, according to some, some say it was earlier than that.

I have never heard of Valentine's Day, having some sort of connection with illegal activities.  This reminds me of the Talibans "vice and virtue" police in Afghanistan.  

These people used to show up at soccer games with whips, and beat anyone caught laughing or acting as if they were having a good time.  Then for half time entertainment, they would hang, shoot, or cut peoples heads off for some made up crime.

Of course Thailand can do as they want but declaring Valentine's Day, as some sort of threat to law and order is way over the top.  There are embassies from all over the world in Bangkok.  I wonder what these people think when Thai police are ordered on high alert for people celebrating Valentine's Day, lol.

I joke about many of the nonsensical requirements immigration has come up with for foreigners wanting to live here.  However, this is not exactly funny and should make people pause for a moment to give some thought as to why Thai leaders would view Valentine's Day, as some sort of threat.  You can't make stuff like this up. ???? 

8 hours ago, jaltsc said:

"...maintain law and order during the celebration of love."

If they can't maintain law and order during their own holidays and celebrations (and every other day of the year), what makes Thailand think they can for celebrations imported from the west?

Hired goons. The cops are the mob for the state.

Personally, I think it's pathetic and unfortunate they have to say such a draconian statement.

Ehh he needs to handle all the cops having SEC with underage girls.

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Immigration Bureau chief Pol Lt-General Surachet Hakpal has ordered officers to monitor Thai social media for invitations to drug parties or lewd acts on Valentine's Day.

Lewd acts on Valentines Day

So Walking street, and all the other "establishments" in all the areas of "family entertainment" will be on lock down then ?

Or is it business as usual for the GDP income but no-fun for the private person !!

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

I believe it wasn't originally in February. It was moved to February by the church for some obscure reason, can't remember when or why.

Since you mention the church, did you guys know that BJ (or LA, whatever you prefer) studied under the Spanish Inquisition?

8 minutes ago, KiChakayan said:

Since you mention the church, did you guys know that BJ studied under the Spanish Inquisition?

Well, nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!!!! 

Strange thing is it seems now historians are saying that people were actually told where and when to report to the Inquisition. Aint history weird at times.

unnamed (1).gif

14 hours ago, Liverpudlian said:

Valentines was a product invented Uk to cheer up there loved ones dying in trenches far from home. FULL STOP.

Where on earth did that come from.  A comment I'd expect from those across the Atlantic but not from a Liverpudlian!!

Don’t you just ❤️ The ❤️ Police oh wait a moment never had the chance to meet a single member as of yet. 

Infact are there any ❤️ Police in the world.

Plenty of;

grammar police

hate speech police

litter police

repressive Police 

and now to top it all off a classic;

The Fun Police. ????????????

the institution is over flowing with mental cases and all walks of life and government deparments. Mental !!! 

14 hours ago, Liverpudlian said:

I think if you research more thoroughly, you'll find thatValentine's day was invented as far back as Roman times, or even before that. We didn't have soldiers in trenches in those days!

The goons in charge are focusing their efforts in all the wrong areas. They are trying to make Thailand a Quaker State. A land of purity. Total BS. Nonsense. Misplaced priorities, and wasted efforts. They should be focusing their efforts on traffic and public safety, easing import tariffs, making visa policy simpler, and more friendly, boosting Western tourism, real crackdowns on slavery, and illegal fishing instead of nonsensical hyperbole, cleaning up the water, the air, the rivers, and the beaches, and other things that actually improve lives.

Besides, the biggest joke seems to have forgotten he is not longer a police franchisee. He is with immigration now. What is the matter? Disappointed? Not enough action? Are you not making enough trouble for tens of thousands of ex-pats? You need to harass your own people too? Has fun become illegal now?

Little P. Not making Thailand great again. And moving the nation backwards at an astonishing and alarming pace.  

Archived