BANGKOK 22 March 2019 11:05
snoop1130

Police look to clamp down on Valentine fun

Meanwhile, a million Thais ride around with no helmets and no punishment. Go figure.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KiChakayan said:

Mr. Lewd Act, if I am buying flowers for my wife, which I do every year, will it be considered as a lewd act?

You should not admit to something as sordid as that here you lewd man

Miserable git.

He is clamping down on everything else. 

So why not Valentine's day. 

Obviously no one loves him.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, overherebc said:

I believe it wasn't originally in February. It was moved to February by the church for some obscure reason, can't remember when or why.

There was a pagan festival of fertility on the 15th Feb, it was outlawed and replaced by Valentines day in the 5th century, there is no record of any valentines celebration on any other date prior to this.

Every year, regardless of which government is in power, these "warnings and clampdowns" about teenage sex, unprotected sex, casual sex etc etc spring up just before and on Valentine's Day.

Maybe someone should consider the real reasons behind teenage and unmarried pregnancies like lack of education?

Btw: isn't BJ Deputy Chief of the Computer Crime Suppression Division as well as Head of Immigration police? I think he's specifically targeting the advertising of drug and/or sex parties via social media in the capacity.

10 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

Miserable git.

He is clamping down on everything else. 

So why not Valentine's day. 

Obviously no one loves him.

I don't think even his mother could.......

14 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

There was a pagan festival of fertility on the 15th Feb, it was outlawed and replaced by Valentines day in the 5th century, there is no record of any valentines celebration on any other date prior to this.

Probably 3 or 4 different versions in history each one claimed by some as the true version.

Ancient history is full of 'it is believed that' phrases. Doesn't make it any less interesting though.

Original was the fertility festival for the Roman god of agriculture, Faunus, according to some, some say it was earlier than that.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1

Stupid Nanny Country soon dont smile , dont drink , dont have fun, dont go out , dont do this, dont do that, Thai Dictatorship Can U Juz far off !! Give the country back to thai people Pls..

Edited by Mad mick

I have never heard of Valentine's Day, having some sort of connection with illegal activities.  This reminds me of the Talibans "vice and virtue" police in Afghanistan.  

These people used to show up at soccer games with whips, and beat anyone caught laughing or acting as if they were having a good time.  Then for half time entertainment, they would hang, shoot, or cut peoples heads off for some made up crime.

Of course Thailand can do as they want but declaring Valentine's Day, as some sort of threat to law and order is way over the top.  There are embassies from all over the world in Bangkok.  I wonder what these people think when Thai police are ordered on high alert for people celebrating Valentine's Day, lol.

I joke about many of the nonsensical requirements immigration has come up with for foreigners wanting to live here.  However, this is not exactly funny and should make people pause for a moment to give some thought as to why Thai leaders would view Valentine's Day, as some sort of threat.  You can't make stuff like this up. 😞 

42 minutes ago, wcoast said:

Illegal entry

it's only illegal for a farang if not paying up to 10 times the entry fee....  

I've noticed this too in recent years; far too much fun being had around mid-February. It's almost as if Thailand has become a hub of fun. Time for an old-fashioned Thai crackdown, I say!