BANGKOK 24 March 2019 12:55
isaanbrit

Caught Vaping by Police? Stand your Ground!

The law is all about importing the devices and liquids for commercial purposes.

What if you buy it in Thailand for personal use...no problem.

They can't do anything - this is why they didn't take you to the police station, the 10 year sentence is for commercial importers and resellers of the products.

I can prove where I purchased my device and liquids and it was a company in Thailand.

If they ever hassle me about this I will immediately insist on going to court to 'face the music' and they won't get a single Baht from me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ukrules said:

The law is all about importing the devices and liquids for commercial purposes.

What if you buy it in Thailand for personal use...no problem.

They can't do anything - this is why they didn't take you to the police station, the 10 year sentence is for commercial importers and resellers of the products.

I can prove where I purchased my device and liquids and it was a company in Thailand.

If they ever hassle me about this I will immediately insist on going to court to 'face the music' and they won't get a single Baht from me.

Yeah, that's what I'd do. Burn up the whole day at some hot-a** police station and end up paying 500-1000 to get my ID back. 

• Like 1

that story is nothing.  once i was jaywalking and an undercover spy from the Ukraine tried to get me to pay 39 million baht, knowing i only had 38 in my pocket.  i was threatened, bugged, and put into a cargo hold for 139 days.  i then realized this "cargo hold" was what you farangs call a plane.  i landed in Siberia and then things really got crazy.... 

17 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Yeah, that's what I'd do. Burn up the whole day at some hot-a** police station and end up paying 500-1000 to get my ID back. 

You don't seem to get it - they won't be taking you to any police station, the whole thing is a bluff.

I've never seen any evidence of anyone being charged with a crime for carrying a personal e-cig around with them.

I've come across various people who've paid 'fines' to get out of what they thought was a pending arrest but it's all fake.

Edited by ukrules
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, puukao said:

that story is nothing.  once i was jaywalking and an undercover spy from the Ukraine tried to get me to pay 39 million baht, knowing i only had 38 in my pocket.  i was threatened, bugged, and put into a cargo hold for 139 days.  i then realized this "cargo hold" was what you farangs call a plane.  i landed in Siberia and then things really got crazy.... 

Did you have to burn the money to stay warm?

26 minutes ago, ukrules said:

You don't seem to get it - they won't be taking you to any police station, the whole thing is a bluff.

I've never seen any evidence of anyone being charged with a crime for carrying a personal e-cig around with them.

I've come across various people who've paid 'fines' to get out of what they thought was a pending arrest but it's all fake.

Yeah, well I don't "vape".

When I get stopped (jeeze, it been years) I just pretend like I don't know what they're talking about and they usually just get tired and let me go. Only went to the station once, never again...

There is a document which is linked below that stated all of this illegality surrounding e-cigs.

It's an interesting document, just try googling the guys name at the bottom of it and see what comes up.

https://www.tobaccocontrollaws.org/files/live/Thailand/Thailand - Consumer Protection Board Order No. 9_2015.pdf

Another confusing rule that causes nothing but problems. I have an e - cig I brought over from England, but thankfully I don't wander the streets of Asoke at 4am anymore. 

If this story is true then well played OP.