BANGKOK 25 March 2019 20:37

Nice point!

Ohh how much the tides would turn on allot of couples if guys did that more often, asking her to put up more especially after being generous.  I for sure ain't being 'had' in my roots here.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, swissie said:

Yes indeed. It would indicate to any Thai Beneficiary that the Farang is running low on money. (Heaven forbid). Also would the Farang "lose face" big time. A Farang without money has the status of a Soi Dog in Thailand.

Not sure how your maths comes up with 'without money' the idea being the pot is created at low Thai interest rates and the loan is gently lowered leaving the farang with a comfortable surplus for daily spending. No hassles about bringing monthly money in and in reality probably less expensive than renting. After a period of time hopefully the loan is paid off, wife has a house, and there is 800k in the bank. All good.

• Like 2

Just now, steve187 said:

it would only be 400,000 not the 800,000 baht in the op

That works too.  I was thinking of the married guys who don't want the hassle of the marriage extension rigamarole and use the retirement option.  

2 hours ago, 473geo said:

Not sure how your maths comes up with 'without money' the idea being the pot is created at low Thai interest rates and the loan is gently lowered leaving the farang with a comfortable surplus for daily spending. No hassles about bringing monthly money in and in reality probably less expensive than renting. After a period of time hopefully the loan is paid off, wife has a house, and there is 800k in the bank. All good.

Say what? Stop smoking those weeds. A Farang not able to come up with 800K is considered as "Bankrupt" among Thais.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

That works too.  I was thinking of the married guys who don't want the hassle of the marriage extension rigamarole and use the retirement option.  

if you are having to pay interest on the money the hassle would be minimal compared to finding the repayment money