Tell your wife to step up.

marcusarelus

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

Some farangs, of course not you, do not treat their Thai wives very well and think everything is about money....they think that if they have spent a bit of money on a house they 'own' the woman. Is it any wonder that the women try to get away from such horrid pig-men? 

'Own' is a bit strong, more like 'lease-hire' as you need to make continuous payments to keep her around.

On 2/13/2019 at 11:38 PM, Solinvictus said:

Nice point!

Ohh how much the tides would turn on allot of couples if guys did that more often, asking her to put up more especially after being generous.  I for sure ain't being 'had' in my roots here.

You and the OP have no idea about the Thai banking system. We, sorry my wife, have four blocks of land including the house we live in. She has been to every bank here and none will lend money against the properties as she does not have a job and income.

Another method of stepping up might be to get the wife to start talking to everyone she knows about the issue. In my experience the Thai people have very little knowledge generally about immigration laws.

There have been trucks driving around our village for the last week containing wannabe politicians. Get the wife to let them know too. It might be an exercise in futility but who knows.

Just now, GreasyFingers said:

You and the OP have no idea about the Thai banking system. We, sorry my wife, have four blocks of land including the house we live in. She has been to every bank here and none will lend money against the properties as she does not have a job and income.

Been dealing with the Thai Banking system for 20 years.  Do you know what % of Thai adults have a bank loan? 

On 2/14/2019 at 1:04 PM, marcusarelus said:

My wife has a number of loans including the one used to buy our home.  I have investigated it and found all of my friends wives would have no problem getting a loan secured with a home and land. 

Getting a loan in Thailand in my experience is not difficult at all and happens all the time.

Did you get that from the internet as well. Remember you do not like any anecdotal evidence..

The reason poor johnny foreigner dosnt have 400k is because hes spent 5 mil on a 1 mil house in the boonies, new buffalo shed, paddy fields and all the other crap. Anyway, as long as tirak and the brother are happy all is well. I think its at last becoming common knowledge that thai women are all scammers, 20 years wont be many idiots left

10 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

So she must have a job/income. Stop the BS

What does that have to do with it?  My premise was that a husband who buys a wife a home and used all of his money to do so should have her get a loan on the house to fund his extension.  Maybe easier for some than others.  Government employees or school teachers no problem.  Own your own business no problem. 

My wife is an engineer.  She has relatives who stay at home and relatives who work for the government and relatives who work for banks.  Close to half of all Thai adults have loans. 

If banks won't talk to her tell her to join a share co op. 

Household leverage -- a measure of how indebted Thais are -- remained at 77% of gross domestic product at the end of June, even as economic growth has slowed, Moody's reported. According to the credit rating agency, relatively low interest rates have helped lift residential property prices in the Bangkok area by 49% in the past 10 years. Prices of condominiums have jumped 78% in the same period.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Business-Trends/Thai-lenders-brace-for-stricter-mortgage-rules

16 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

Thats what she tells you....why if you need money dont you sell one of the 4 blocks of land....let me guess, they are in issarn somewhere

1 minute ago, marcusarelus said:

What does that have to do with it?  My premise was that a husband who buys a wife a home and used all of his money to do so should have her get a loan on the house to fund his extension.  Maybe easier for some than others.  Government employees or school teachers no problem.  Own your own business no problem. 

My wife is an engineer.  She has relatives who stay at home and relatives who work for the government and relatives who work for banks.  Close to half of all Thai adults have loans. 

It has everything to do with it. Banks will not loan to an everyday Thai that does not have a job and provide 6 months of salary slips. You are certainly BS'iting about the many farang/Thai relationships that do not require their wives to work. As I have said in another thread I grew up in an era where the man was the provider and do not have a problem with that.

2 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

If banks won't talk to her tell her to join a share co op. 

I think it makes sense and I'm no financial wizard.  If your wife secures a loan using property, how will she pay it back if she does not have a good job.  Am sure the bank needs to know that she has personal income (a Job) so she is able to pay back the loan.   Many here have wives that do not work - so having wife get a bank loan is not possible

13 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

So she must have a job/income. Stop the BS

An initial mortgage on a property will require an income. A loan against land/property is readily available as it is used as collateral albeit interest of 9% or so. If your wife has told you she cant borrow (by the way why would she want to?) she is telling you porkies

2 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Thats what she tells you....why if you need money dont you sell one of the 4 blocks of land....let me guess, they are in issarn somewhere

No they are not, but are worth about 1M baht each. I will die long before her so the land is there to support her after I am gone.

Some of our wives love us as we do them. They look after us very well. I can understand the ones that do not because they have selfish husbands and only treat then as sex machines.

While I have no need, I've no question my wife would do this for me. In fact, I make her pay a lot of her personal expenses. I do so that there is absolutely no question I'll make it to 62 with a pile of dosh. Just because my wife can, her salary is very limited and it doesn't mean she should.

I work with someone who's wife would not even put his phone in her name. Yeah, the guy is an <deleted> but that's pretty low bar for marriage. Fail.

4 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

I think it makes sense and I'm no financial wizard.  If your wife secures a loan using property, how will she pay it back if she does not have a good job.  Am sure the bank needs to know that she has personal income (a Job) so she is able to pay back the loan.   Many here have wives that do not work - so having wife get a bank loan is not possible

Exactly.

1 minute ago, baansgr said:

An initial mortgage on a property will require an income. A loan against land/property is readily available as it is used as collateral albeit interest of 9% or so. If your wife has told you she cant borrow (by the way why would she want to?) she is telling you porkies

You are not living in Thailand. Back home what you say is correct but not here. Go and try it sometime and I will humbly apologize if it works for you.

Just now, GreasyFingers said:

No they are not, but are worth about 1M baht each. I will die long before her so the land is there to support her after I am gone.

Some of our wives love us as we do them. They look after us very well. I can understand the ones that do not because they have selfish husbands and only treat then as sex machines.

After nearly ten years, when I fall asleep with the lights on, my wife turns the light off, puts a light sheet over me if she's planning on running ac all night and kisses me good night.

1 minute ago, GreasyFingers said:

It has everything to do with it. Banks will not loan to an everyday Thai that does not have a job and provide 6 months of salary slips. You are certainly BS'iting about the many farang/Thai relationships that do not require their wives to work. As I have said in another thread I grew up in an era where the man was the provider and do not have a problem with that.

Every day Thai?  The majority of every day Thais have loans from banks and a larger percent every year. 

Try Bangkok Bank home equity loans

1 minute ago, Number 6 said:

After nearly ten years, when I fall asleep with the lights on, my wife turns the light off, puts a light sheet over me if she's planning on running ac all night and kisses me good night.

I have a good life here. Happy to hear that you do too.

19 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

1.  My wife is not hi so but her family is like many in Thailand - close knit land owners with members working for the government.  2.  If anyone needs money the family loans them money with land as collateral.  3.  My wife has many female relatives who are married.  All have jobs.  The older children or granny takes care of the kids in the daytime.  4.  I don't know anyone who is married and stays at home like my mother did.  The family includes one hooker and one ladyboy who both have good jobs. 

Sorry I don't know any poor Thai people who could not get a loan.  Not trying to BS you I really don't know anyone who could not get a loan.  If my gardener wanted money I would loan it to him with proper collateral. 

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 11:07 PM, marcusarelus said:

All the stuff I have been reading here about the pitiful stories about men who have spent all the cash on a house and land for the wife and family and kids and are now broke is really pulling at my heart strings.

800,000 is not a lot of money when talking about a house and land today in Thailand. 

If the wife wants you to stay tell her to get a loan on the house and land and car you bought for her and her family and deposit the money in the bank.  Tell her you will make the payments on the loan.  How much are loan payments on 800,000 secured loan for 20 years?

It seems you like to solve an emotional problem with a logical solution.

I think the point is that many men want to be seen by their girlfriends/wives as the big spender.

They want that she thinks "he is rich" and they think she will love him long time because of that.

And to be fair, lots of girls love the guy long time as long as he is doing all he can to look rich.

This situation will never be solved the way you describe. Because in many (most?) cases the he wouldn't have a loving wife anymore with this logic solution...

18 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems you like to solve an emotional problem with a logical solution.

I think the point is that many men want to be seen by their girlfriends/wives as the big spender.

They want that she thinks "he is rich" and they think she will love him long time because of that.

And to be fair, lots of girls love the guy long time as long as he is doing all he can to look rich.

This situation will never be solved the way you describe. Because in many (most?) cases the he wouldn't have a loving wife anymore with this logic solution...

I do pity all you guys that cannot love and trust their wives. Yes I know things can go tits up (3 wives back home) but the majority of my acquaintances here do not have your problems.

Archived