BANGKOK

26 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

I agree but not really the topic.  Topic is how to get 400 or 800K from an asset in Thailand that you purchased. 

point taken. should really never be in the position thoe 

2 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

Some farangs, of course not you, do not treat their Thai wives very well and think everything is about money....they think that if they have spent a bit of money on a house they 'own' the woman. Is it any wonder that the women try to get away from such horrid pig-men? 

'Own' is a bit strong, more like 'lease-hire' as you need to make continuous payments to keep her around.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Griffo63 said:

Except this doesn't pay back any capital. More like 8000 a month

Not to mention she will need a proven wage of 16k/month to get a loan of 800k.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Not to mention she will need a proven wage of 16k/month to get a loan of 800k.

Not in my experience when you have a home and land. 

26 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Not in my experience when you have a home and land. 

You have successfully had your wife get a loan? Otherwise you are BS'iting

• Like 1

Another method of stepping up might be to get the wife to start talking to everyone she knows about the issue. In my experience the Thai people have very little knowledge generally about immigration laws.

There have been trucks driving around our village for the last week containing wannabe politicians. Get the wife to let them know too. It might be an exercise in futility but who knows.

Edited by emptypockets

Just now, GreasyFingers said:

You and the OP have no idea about the Thai banking system. We, sorry my wife, have four blocks of land including the house we live in. She has been to every bank here and none will lend money against the properties as she does not have a job and income.

Been dealing with the Thai Banking system for 20 years.  Do you know what % of Thai adults have a bank loan? 

6 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

You have successfully had your wife get a loan? Otherwise you are BS'iting

My wife has a 3 million baht loan. CIMB.

Edited by marcusarelus

Just now, marcusarelus said:

My wife has a 3 million baht loan. 

So she must have a job/income. Stop the BS

On 2/14/2019 at 1:04 PM, marcusarelus said:

My wife has a number of loans including the one used to buy our home.  I have investigated it and found all of my friends wives would have no problem getting a loan secured with a home and land. 

Getting a loan in Thailand in my experience is not difficult at all and happens all the time.

Did you get that from the internet as well. Remember you do not like any anecdotal evidence..

• Like 1

The reason poor johnny foreigner dosnt have 400k is because hes spent 5 mil on a 1 mil house in the boonies, new buffalo shed, paddy fields and all the other crap. Anyway, as long as tirak and the brother are happy all is well. I think its at last becoming common knowledge that thai women are all scammers, 20 years wont be many idiots left

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

So she must have a job/income. Stop the BS

What does that have to do with it?  My premise was that a husband who buys a wife a home and used all of his money to do so should have her get a loan on the house to fund his extension.  Maybe easier for some than others.  Government employees or school teachers no problem.  Own your own business no problem. 

My wife is an engineer.  She has relatives who stay at home and relatives who work for the government and relatives who work for banks.  Close to half of all Thai adults have loans. 

If banks won't talk to her tell her to join a share co op. 

Household leverage -- a measure of how indebted Thais are -- remained at 77% of gross domestic product at the end of June, even as economic growth has slowed, Moody's reported. According to the credit rating agency, relatively low interest rates have helped lift residential property prices in the Bangkok area by 49% in the past 10 years. Prices of condominiums have jumped 78% in the same period.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Business-Trends/Thai-lenders-brace-for-stricter-mortgage-rules

Edited by marcusarelus

16 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

You and the OP have no idea about the Thai banking system. We, sorry my wife, have four blocks of land including the house we live in. She has been to every bank here and none will lend money against the properties as she does not have a job and income.

Thats what she tells you....why if you need money dont you sell one of the 4 blocks of land....let me guess, they are in issarn somewhere