Tell your wife to step up.

marcusarelus

23 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

But you said before you cannot love and trust a woman that does not provide some finance as well?

No, I did not. You have misunderstood what I said. I said "assets" and I refer to things of value other than spreading their legs.

In post #103, I said, "I am always amazed at the numbers of men who accept a wife who is only an expense and never an asset."

In post #107 I said,, " I was referring to choosing a woman who brings something to the relationship rather than choosing one who brings nothing other than her body."

And, in post #107, I said, "why do so many men accept a relationship with women who bring so little to that relationship?"

For example, my wife of almost 40 years provides great counsel; because she is intelligent, capable and has OUR best interests at heart--that is a great asset. I can also always count on her to do what is best for us, not just for her. She has always taken care of me in all ways. And, for the most prurient of you; she is still a very attractive woman--according to our 32 year old son's male friends.  And, even though she was not wealthy when we met, she was eager to learn. She wanted to make something of herself. I did not need to encourage her to go to school, gain marketable skills and have a good career; she wanted it for our family. 

Those are great assets.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

99% of the complaints seem to be about thelselves, i have seen few if any showing concern for their children or partner....

Maybe you can point me to a handful of posts of posters showing concern for their wifes and partners?

They are in every thread discussing the new 400 in the bank extension requirement.  You don't really want me to go back and read all those threads do you?

Edit to add one, " Is`s time fore your wife and all wife/husband to wake, soon the all money are gone. No one pay food, rent,gas,school money to children+++ so start to complain to the Head Office of Immigration in Bangkok."

4 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

They are in every thread discussing the new 400 in the bank extension requirement.  You don't really want me to go back and read all those threads do you?

Well i have had a look and cannot see any posts showing concern for wife and childre. Hundreds benoaning their own cicumstance though.

You said there were 'hundreds of posts' of this so it should take you less than 2 minutes to dig up 2 or e examples.

5 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Well i have had a look and cannot see any posts showing concern for wife and childre. Hundreds benoaning their own cicumstance though.

You said there were 'hundreds of posts' of this so it should take you less than 2 minutes to dig up 2 or e examples.

"Is`s time fore your wife and all wife/husband to wake, soon the all money are gone. No one pay food, rent,gass,school money to children+++ so start to complain to the Head Office of Immigration in Bangkok. "

10 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Edit to add one, " Is`s time fore your wife and all wife/husband to wake, soon the all money are gone. No one pay food, rent,gas,school money to children+++ so start to complain to the Head Office of Immigration in Bangkok."

Not to mention if they need yo take a mortgage to get the retirement visa how is saddeling your partner and children with that burden showing concern for them?

4 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Not to mention if they need yo take a mortgage to get the retirement visa how is saddeling your partner and children with that burden showing concern for them?

No burden.  You make the payments and when you die have a will and use the money in the bank to pay off the loan.  Any other questions or you can say, "well ya that works."

2 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

No burden.  You make the payments and when you die have a will and use the money in the bank to pay off the loan.

Hmm possibly. Not sure what these Thai women can borrow against though. Doubt you can get a loan from a bank on a house in nakorn nowhere. 

19 minutes ago, smotherb said:

No, I did not. You have misunderstood what I said. I said "assets" and I refer to things of value other than spreading their legs.

In post #103, I said, "I am always amazed at the numbers of men who accept a wife who is only an expense and never an asset."

In post #107 I said,, " I was referring to choosing a woman who brings something to the relationship rather than choosing one who brings nothing other than her body."

And, in post #107, I said, "why do so many men accept a relationship with women who bring so little to that relationship?"

For example, my wife of almost 40 years provides great counsel; because she is intelligent, capable and has OUR best interests at heart--that is a great asset. I can also always count on her to do what is best for us, not just for her. She has always taken care of me in all ways. And, for the most prurient of you; she is still a very attractive woman--according to our 32 year old son's male friends.  And, even though she was not wealthy when we met, she was eager to learn. She wanted to make something of herself. I did not need to encourage her to go to school, gain marketable skills and have a good career; she wanted it for our family. 

Those are great assets.

And ones which many women have. They are also generalky only known to those closest to them or in a relationship with them.

Unlike you, who judges and sees only what he wants to see and insults women and other peoples relationships with your baseless assumptions.

Even better yet, tell your wife to band together with her friends, and start pressuring this government to start making things easier for ex-pats here, and not more difficult. It effects their lives too. This hapless administration does seem to be responsive, when they are openly embarrassed and widely criticized, online. Start some facebook forums. Start some instagram forums. Get the word out there, about these draconian fools, and the xenophobia rampant at the highest levels, at this stage of the game. Shame them into showing a modicum of decency, reason and respect for the ex-pat population, and an appreciation of that these guys bring to the table.  

19 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Hmm possibly. Not sure what these Thai women can borrow against though. Doubt you can get a loan from a bank on a house in nakorn nowhere. 

My wife's family lives in Surin and has no problem borrowing money on land and/or homes.  I should point out they work for the government.  But so do many other Thai women work as teachers, government clerks and nurses .......  no problem getting loans.  Half of the women who work in Thailand are not rice farmers.  Not to discount the rice farmers though as they also have methods of borrowing money. 

1 hour ago, smutcakes said:

I've never had a 'partner' in Thailand, but I have had a series of employees, on various types of contract.

On 2/15/2019 at 6:09 PM, baansgr said:

If your wife has told you she cant borrow (by the way why would she want to?) she is telling you porkies

you are 100% correct, have a friend in Trang married to Thai lady, he just learned that all the land they have has been used as collateral for her brother's loans

On 2/15/2019 at 6:12 PM, GreasyFingers said:

You are not living in Thailand. Back home what you say is correct but not here. Go and try it sometime and I will humbly apologize if it works for you.

Banngsgr said::: If your wife has told you she cant borrow (by the way why would she want to?) she is telling you porkies ...

Banngsgr is correct, my friend (in Trang) married to Thai lady just learned all the land they have has been used as collateral by his wife's brother loans,

13 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

Banngsgr said::: If your wife has told you she cant borrow (by the way why would she want to?) she is telling you porkies ...

Banngsgr is correct, my friend (in Trang) married to Thai lady just learned all the land they have has been used as collateral by his wife's brother loans,

Unfortunately for you we have been to 4 different banks, including the government one that has loans for low income earners, and they all said no loan, even though the properties are worth about 5M.

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

brother or 'brother'.

you welcome, was my friend's answer to the brother in law.... imagine the surprise when they went to the land department to register a piece that was given to them by the mother in law

On 2/17/2019 at 9:36 AM, Black Ops said:

And ones which many women have. They are also generalky only known to those closest to them or in a relationship with them.

Unlike you, who judges and sees only what he wants to see and insults women and other peoples relationships with your baseless assumptions.

I have known, seen, heard and read about numerous men complaining their wives don't care for them; don't do anything for them; cannot cook, clean or even carry-on a conversation; that their wives spend all their money; placed boyfriends/husbands/customers/family--even water buffalo-- ahead of them; required them to support family, friends, and lovers; generally made their lives miserable, etc., ad infinitum. Haven't you? 

Yes, I know some men are happy with their wives; I am. Some even seem to be "happy" when their wives act like the ones described above. However, many more appear to be unhappy; just look at the divorce and/or separation statistics. 

If, in your opinion, that makes me see only what I want to see; I certainly disagree; because I don't want to see that.

I am certainly not insulting women with my comments; the comments are more of an insult to men. Namely, why do some men put-up with it? Hence, my questions.

As far as insulting other persons' relationships; again, I wonder how? If the descriptions fit your relationships; then it is an accurate description. If it does not, why would you be insulted; because I have noticed so many relationships which have gone wrong? 

12 minutes ago, smotherb said:

am certainly not insulting women with my comments; the comments are more of an insult to men. Namely, why do some men put-up with it? Hence, my questions.

My gfs available for sex and takes my kid to school in the morning, everything else I'm happy to do myself.

That's way more than my wife in the UK ever did for me.

23 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

My gfs available for sex and takes my kid to school in the morning, everything else I'm happy to do myself.

That's way more than my wife in the UK ever did for me.

Yeah, another example of a bad relationship--the UK wife that is. It seems your gf is actually willing to do some things to please you your ex-wife would not. 

Archived