BANGKOK

54 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Its a matter of personal choice and their relationship.Who is anyone to crticize or judge on what should or shouldnt be. Each to their own and whatever works for them. You couldnt possibly know what "asset" either posseses.

Where do you see I am denying personal choice? I am simply questioning something I do not understand.  Are you criticizing me for not understanding and asking questions?

As I said, I do not understand and ask why?  I have neither asked nor do I care about the specifics of the assets of anyone. An asset is "a useful or valuable thing, person, or quality" and expense is "the cost required for something; the money spent on something."  [google online dictionary]

Although it may have eluded your cognition, I was referring to choosing a woman who brings something to the relationship rather than choosing one who brings nothing other than her body.

Of course, that is anyone's right to do so; if they so desire. I am simply asking, what is it about that type of relationship that satisfies the men? 

And please, try not to confuse the questions. I know sex is important, but women who possess other assets can also provide sex; and sex can be had without engaging in a relationship.  So, why do so many men accept a relationship with women who bring so little to that relationship?

In my opinion, too many men have based their relationship on a depreciating asset--which may be a fundamental reason for so many divorces or broken/unhappy relationships. I listen to their complaints almost daily and read them so often here on TV.

Why would she put a loan on her house when she can find another farang that is more prepared for living here. A good way to weed out the lower class farang if you ask me. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, smotherb said:

So, at 74, I have still never done my own washing. 

You're confusing a nurse/home help with a girlfriend/wife/lover.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, smotherb said:

I believe more important is the love and trust between a man and woman.

But you said before you cannot love and trust a woman that does not provide some finance as well?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gandtee said:

To counter the naysayers. My wife's family stepped up to the mark without being asked. Not all Thai women are there for the money.

Stepped up with what?

Off topic reported posts removed.

Flame post removed.

Gentlemen, I have read every post. Everybody is right. It depends on how much "creativity" each couple can muster to swim in the swamp called the "Thai Legal System" or the swamp called "Thai Banking". (I don't know wich one is worse).
It all focuses in on the present situation.

BUT WE MUST LOOK TO THE FUTURE:
- 5 years from now, only Farangs able to fork over 500K to purchase a 5 year Elite-Visa will be allowed to remain as "long term residents" in Thailand.

So what is Farang-Hubby to do until that time comes?
= For best effect, Farang-Hubby should not concentrate on how many times wife is willing and able to "stand up" for him, but rather how many times his wife is willing and able to bend over for Farang-Hubby during this horrible time of uncertainty. For best effect, making the best of the remaining time.

A humourus, meaningless post you say? Hardly. I have predicted every major change concerning Immigration Laws during the last 5 years at least 3 months in advance. Easy to do, if you have a stepdaughter that loves you dearly and has made a stellar career in Immigration. It may well be that Immigration-Legislation changes are implemented overnight, but it does not mean that those changes have not been under consideration for months before sudden implementation.

Back on Topic: As uncertanity looms as far as Immi-Laws are concerned make sure you have something that "stands up" in case wife is bending over. If she wonders where your inceased activity comes from just say "You think too much".

Why the hell would the lady do that? And rightly so. Most retirees with younger Thai women are marriages of convenience. The man gets to get his end away with a bird of an age and quality he could not dream of in his own country and the lady gets an element of financial security that otherwise she could not attain. Why would she or should she risk that?

If the relatationship does not give her finanical security then she may as well be shacked up with a local her own age who she actually has sexual attraction to.

Nothing wrong with that type of relationship as both parties get what they need. When one party, the lady does not get or have financial security here is literlly zero in it for them in having the relationship.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Why the hell would the lady do that? And rightly so. Most retirees with younger Thai women are marriages of convenience. The man gets to get his end away with a bird of an age and quality he could not dream of in his own country and the lady gets an element of financial security that otherwise she could not attain. Why would she or should she risk that?

If the relatationship does not give her finanical security then she may as well be shacked up with a local her own age who she actually has sexual attraction to.

Nothing wrong with that type of relationship as both parties get what they need. When one party, the lady does not get or have financial security here is literlly zero in it for them in having the relationship.

The point is don't moan about the poor Thai family who have been treated to new homes and financial support when they are unwilling to help the man who provided it for them. 

4 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

The point is don't moan about the poor Thai family who have been treated to new homes and financial support when they are unwilling to help the man who provided it for them. 

The only moaning i hear is whiny old retirees. Who is moaning about poor Thai families on here?

Why would the thai take a mortgage for the retirement visa possibly leaving her in debt when the only reason she was in the relationship was for security.

If they need to take a mortgage to meet the 800K requirement its possible their assets are not exactly great either. The 800k mortgagr might be more than her assets!!!

Edited by smutcakes

On 2/16/2019 at 9:02 AM, BritManToo said:

You're confusing a nurse/home help with a girlfriend/wife/lover.

I was not always 74.  I believe you simply have to be smarter than the problem. I do not like menial jobs, so I find ways to get them done while I do things I like to do; always have. It is a matter of choice. Of curse. if you choose to do them, that is your decision. 

23 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

The only moaning i hear is whiny old retirees. Who is moaning about poor Thai families on here?

Why would the thai take a mortgage for the retirement visa possibly leaving her in debt when the only reason she was in the relationship was for security.

If they need to take a mortgage to meet the 800K requirement its possible their assets are not exactly great either. The 800k mortgagr might be more than her assets!!!

There are a hundred posts about the real losers of the new regulations are Thai women and children. If you havn't seen them you havn't looked. 

7 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

There are a hundred posts about the real losers of the new regulations are Thai women and children. If you havn't seen them you havn't looked. 

99% of the complaints seem to be about thelselves, i have seen few if any showing concern for their children or partner....

Maybe you can point me to a handful of posts of posters showing concern for their wifes and partners?