BANGKOK
lemonwaterjoe

"Entry denied because you come too often" - what's the deal?

59 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:
1 hour ago, elviajero said:

The law limits the term of tourism to 90 days.

That is per stay or entry not overall per section 35 of the immigration act.

I appreciate that, but the fact that you cannot extend a stay for tourism beyond 90 days points to the fact that they do not offer long term tourism as an option.

The only way to achieve that is with multiple exit/entries. Multiple entries are clearly ok, but the practise of back to back entries to extend a stay for tourism clearly isn’t.

• Like 1

I would be willing to bet quite a bit of money that folks who have problems coming in on visa exempt entries are dressed like idiots, acting like idiots, look like idiots, smell like homeless, or a combination of all of the above.

I do not think it is too difficult to get by immigration if you are semi human. Hell, cops in my own country judge and make decisions based on appearances and behavior, so I am not sure why it is out of line when Thai immigration officers do it as well. You are, after all, dealing with an entirely different culture, so when things go awry it is to be expected... but when it is not even out of the ordinary, that is govt officials in your own countries act the same way, then I have no sympathy whatsoever. 

2 hours ago, elviajero said:

The only way to achieve that is with multiple exit/entries. Multiple entries are clearly ok, but the practise of back to back entries to extend a stay for tourism clearly isn’t.

Since you "clearly" know all the facts, please define "back to back" in that context. How many days/weeks/months do you need to stay away in between entries so that they aren't considered "back to back"?

10 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Since you "clearly" know all the facts, please define "back to back" in that context. How many days/weeks/months do you need to stay away in between entries so that they aren't considered "back to back"?

I’m sure you’re informed enough to know that decision is down to IO’s at the border.

For whatever reason they are looking at the number of stamps with a more critical eye... my last time through (2019 Dec) the officer commented that I had a lot and asked why (note: I only arrive as often as the VER rules allow -- via Air I'm allowed a max of 3 stamps within any 6 month period). He grunted and stamped me, but it was a bit unnerving.

2 minutes ago, Cabradelmar said:

For whatever reason they are looking at the number of stamps with a more critical eye... my last time through (2019 Dec) the officer commented that I had a lot and asked why (note: I only arrive as often as the VER rules allow -- via Air I'm allowed a max of 3 stamps within any 6 month period). He grunted and stamped me, but it was a bit unnerving.

There is no set limit of VE entries by air. You're quoting an old regulation of 90 days within any 180 days that ended years ago. It is now at the discretion of the IO to decide when enough is enough.

On 2/17/2019 at 9:18 PM, elviajero said:

There is no set limit of VE entries by air. You're quoting an old regulation of 90 days within any 180 days that ended years ago. It is now at the discretion of the IO to decide when enough is enough.

Sorry for replying late on this but I didn't get a notification about your post.

What you wrote shall mean theat people like me are with every entry at risk to get denied. Not sure about that. I just returned from another 19 day trip arriving 27 days after I left Thailand. No isses at all as always. As I wrote before: I come to Thailand by plane 7-9 times every year and stay between 12-20 days per trip.

Just to add a little update here with regards to my initial post https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1084220-entry-denied-because-you-come-too-often-whats-the-deal/

In the meantime I came 3 more times to BKK always staying between 15-20 days and then being back in Europe for 4-6 weeks. Never had any issue same as since years.

The "magic" really seems to be not to stay as long as the visa allows you.

Edited by lemonwaterjoe

12 minutes ago, lemonwaterjoe said:

Never had any issue same as since years.

The "magic" really seems to be not to stay as long as the visa allows you.

You're magic wouldn't work if you arrived at Krabi airport 😂

42 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

You're magic wouldn't work if you arrived at Krabi airport 😂

Why not? Last year I was flying to Krabi with Qatar Airways (scored a great promotional fare that was way cheaper than flying into Bkk) and had no issues.

But 95% of all my entries are at BKK, had one in Utapao once Qatar did service that airport and 3 or 4 in Phuket/Koh Samui.