Army chief dismisses coup rumour, but again says “don’t cross the line”

webfact

8 hours ago, ukrules said:

I seem to recall reading similar statements in the month or so before the coup that led to the current government and perhaps the one before that.

It's hard to keep track these days, there's so many coups.

The last coup only scored 4.1 for interpretation and a paltry 2.9 for content one of the worst scores of all time.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Apparently referring to a known group of political elements he said “Do not cross the line. Everyone must play by the rules.”

Yeah, my rules, and the army rules. Why this nation remains subject to the rules of a hapless, and incompetent army, remains beyond my ability to understand. They need to be removed, asap. Whoever runs, should be voted in, even if it is Justin Bieber, or Amy the clown. Just get rid of the army. They are so far past their sell by date, that the entire nation is beginning to reek of an unpleasant odor. 

Go and have a lay down......your ability to understand may improve with some grandad naps.

I do however appreciate your abbreviated post. Quite out of character...are you ok?

4 hours ago, Mavideol said:

that answers my previous question...how the generals get their stars..... papa was a "Rolling Stone" (as in the song) son will follow the foot steps regardless of his capacities/capabilities for the  job

Roll with the flow, deal with it or get out. I don't see any other options.

11 hours ago, colinneil said:

Army chief just waiting for the election to be over, so he can show off his new Chinese tanks.:cheesy:

Thai generals' shopping list of planes, tanks and subs

PUBLISHED
4 HOURS AGO

BANGKOK (AFP) - Defence spending in Thailand has surged over the last decade, during which the military seized power twice.

The junta-picked National Legislative Assembly has proposed US$7 billion (S$9.5 billion) for defence in the 2019 fiscal year - a US$1 billion increase since the 2014 coup.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/thai-generals-shopping-list-of-planes-tanks-and-subs

11 hours ago, colinneil said:

Army chief just waiting for the election to be over, so he can show off his new Chinese tanks.:cheesy:

32 minutes ago, Grafting Ken said:

A Pryuth victory and a safe place to live is the best thing that could ever happen here.

Long may he keep this great country under control.

That's the point, (did you mean Prayuth) he hasn't kept this country under control.

Serious question.  Are you living in cloud cuckoo land?

7 minutes ago, anchadian said:

That's the point, (did you mean Prayuth) he hasn't kept this country under control.

Serious question.  Are you living in cloud cuckoo land?

I must be because my life in Thailand has not changed one little bit over the last 13 years no matter who is running the country!

An unfortunate by-product of living in the third world.

Who ever controls all the guns and tanks, makes their own rules.

In this modern era, one can see that Thailand will never progress and move forward as a realistic democracy.

This next election could stoke the wild west

1 hour ago, Grafting Ken said:

I must be because my life in Thailand has not changed one little bit over the last 13 years no matter who is running the country!

1 hour ago, Grafting Ken said:

And this country is more under control than it has ever been in the last 20 years.

And will be for the next 20 and that is a simple fact!

The country is more under control than it has ever been in the last 20 years - yet your life has not changed one little bit over the last 13 years! Right ho, quite remarkable then,

We'll leave to one side your somewhat ambitious claim that it will remain under control for the next 20 years - such pronouncements rarely end well!

10 minutes ago, JAG said:

The country is more under control than it has ever been in the last 20 years - yet your life has not changed one little bit over the last 13 years! Right ho, quite remarkable then,

We'll leave to one side your somewhat ambitious claim that it will remain under control for the next 20 years - such pronouncements rarely end well!

Yes that's what I said this country is more under control than it has been in the last 20 years....... Do you understand that?

My life has not changed in 13 years of living here. Do you understand that?

Now can I ask a question? are you over 60? Old dog and new tricks and all that!!!

Once again if you don't like it go home you silly old man!

I will try explain things for you people that do not seem to understand. every country in the world is controlled by the elites and that's how it is. Thailand is going to be controlled by the elites long after I die so most of you lot are screwed.....

Go outside and tie yellow ribbons around everything you have and accept it because that's the way it is and that's the way it is going to be for a very long time.

2 hours ago, Grafting Ken said:

Yes that's what I said this country is more under control than it has been in the last 20 years....... Do you understand that?

My life has not changed in 13 years of living here. Do you understand that?

Now can I ask a question? are you over 60? Old dog and new tricks and all that!!!

Once again if you don't like it go home you silly old man!

I, (and several others) completely understand what you are saying. We just think you are wrong; starting with your anecdotal "evidence" about voting intentions, which is contradicted by many published sources, and continuing to your predictions of the longevity of the present regime.

My age is immaterial. I take exception to being described as an "old dog and all that", but there again I do understand that I am obviously dealing with someone who is clearly unable to realise how silly the comments he made are. Perhaps I made a mistake in calling them remarkable, plain daft may have been more appropriate.

Finally, this is my home, and has been for some years.

On 2/14/2019 at 9:33 PM, Grafting Ken said:

Nobody here really gives a flying !

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Life is better up here with the big man in... I really like him.

The big man? Line up for a medal for sycophancy first class.

On 2/14/2019 at 10:59 PM, Grafting Ken said:

Congratulations. You're completely stable. Possible in that most stable of all states, brain death. Well done. No new thoughts can possibly disturb your equilibrium.

On 2/14/2019 at 7:02 PM, Grafting Ken said:

And this country is more under control than it has ever been in the last 20 years.

And will be for the next 20 and that is a simple fact!

Aye, God forbid you are inconvenienced by the locals' political aspirations. Just as long as you get what you want. What else could life be about?

But then I am responding to a weekend poster who will shortly have a new account. Seen 'em come and seen 'em go. Enjoy your junta...

On 2/14/2019 at 8:16 AM, soalbundy said:

We must all play by the rules, there will be no coup because that would be illegal....errrmm no wait, I mean, not needed now, because the situation is stable now that the military has saved the country and will continue to save it for the next 20 years.

It seems to me that Thailand has been politically stable for the past 4 1/2 years, ever since the most recent coup.  Before that there were protests including the ridiculous "Shutdown Bangkok"

What will come after the new election?  Perhaps it will be stable for a while or maybe the protests will start right away.  Hard to say, but I predict another coup in the future, followed by a period of stability (like we've just seen).

Despite insistence from certain western leaders that "democracy is the only way" it isn't a one size fits all system that should be forced upon countries where it clearly doesn't work.

Archived