BANGKOK 20 March 2019 04:34
webfact

Army chief dismisses coup rumour, but again says “don’t cross the line”

8 hours ago, ukrules said:

I seem to recall reading similar statements in the month or so before the coup that led to the current government and perhaps the one before that.

It's hard to keep track these days, there's so many coups.

The last coup only scored 4.1 for interpretation and a paltry 2.9 for content one of the worst scores of all time.

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Apparently referring to a known group of political elements he said “Do not cross the line. Everyone must play by the rules.”

Yeah, my rules, and the army rules. Why this nation remains subject to the rules of a hapless, and incompetent army, remains beyond my ability to understand. They need to be removed, asap. Whoever runs, should be voted in, even if it is Justin Bieber, or Amy the clown. Just get rid of the army. They are so far past their sell by date, that the entire nation is beginning to reek of an unpleasant odor. 

Go and have a lay down......your ability to understand may improve with some grandad naps.

I do however appreciate your abbreviated post. Quite out of character...are you ok?

Edited by emptypockets
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Mavideol said:

that answers my previous question...how the generals get their stars..... papa was a "Rolling Stone" (as in the song) son will follow the foot steps regardless of his capacities/capabilities for the  job

Roll with the flow, deal with it or get out. I don't see any other options.

• Sad 1

How is this guy, is he going to order his troops to fire or does he want to do it himself.

A real psychopath.

I'll give them a warning shot Sir!  

Between the eyes.

• Like 1

What Thailand needs is a separation of powers and the big boss to dictate the army report to the PM. Fat chance of that short of civil war which I doubt will ever happen. In the meantime just kick back and enjoy life. I do.

11 hours ago, colinneil said:

Army chief just waiting for the election to be over, so he can show off his new Chinese tanks.:cheesy:

Thai generals' shopping list of planes, tanks and subs

PUBLISHED
4 HOURS AGO

BANGKOK (AFP) - Defence spending in Thailand has surged over the last decade, during which the military seized power twice.

The junta-picked National Legislative Assembly has proposed US$7 billion (S$9.5 billion) for defence in the 2019 fiscal year - a US$1 billion increase since the 2014 coup.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/thai-generals-shopping-list-of-planes-tanks-and-subs

11 hours ago, colinneil said:

Army chief just waiting for the election to be over, so he can show off his new Chinese tanks.:cheesy:

Edited by anchadian

Nobody here really gives a flying !

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Life is better up here with the big man in... I really like him.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Grafting Ken said:

Had he been in control of Brexit things would be different.... He don't take any shit!

Prayut should have learnt from Prawit about taking any shit, when Prawit had his 'medical emergency' in Ubon last year.

• Haha 2