Pattaya is dead, or is it?

swissie

I don't mind Pattaya for the odd holiday.

There's a huge range of accommodation and food to suit all budgets. One can stay down Jomtien way where it is less crowded. There is a huge variety and the place seems to be jumping 24 hours a day. Yes, the beaches suck, but one can normally find somewhere for a swim.

Just wander down the smaller sois away from the tourist drags and there is always a party on somewhere and friendly people. As others have said, you certainly don't need to go to the bars to pick up a girl (if that is your thing).

I don't know, it just seems like the place is crawling with options and opportunities.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, newnative said:

From north Thailand somewhere, from Mommie's basement somewhere, from near Rayong somewhere, from places not as fun somewhere, from all sorts of somewheres, we know they secretly want to be here.

it is worse that that for me. I am in Hua Hin. The place all the old used up bar girls from Pattaya go to die. They will not let me leave.   

Just now, NCC1701A said:

it is worse that that for me. I am in Hua Hin. The place all the old used up bar girls from Pattaya go to die. They will not let me leave.   

It's not as bad as you paint it. They don't actually die in Hua Hin, they go to Bang Chang for that.

19 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

1.  Good restaurants per square meter?   Pattaya winner.  2.  Less pollution than CM or Bangkok?  Pattaya winner.  3.  Better shopping than Rayong?  Pattaya winner.  4.  More quality hospitals per person?  Pattaya winner.  5.  Best and cheapest and most entertainment per squar meter?  Pattaya wins by a mile. 

The most VD, ladyboys, streetwalkers, old farang drunks, criminals, scammers, pickpockets, necklace and purse snatchers, Russians, Indians, and Africans per square meter.

13 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I thought a twosome meant that you did one after the other, not watch.???? Oh Wait! that's

a threesome. ????

Being an older fellow I always have one extra assistant to make sure I don't fall off the trapeze.  And what other town do you know in advance which side of the yellow line the ladies stand on?

38 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Being an older fellow I always have one extra assistant to make sure I don't fall off the trapeze.  And what other town do you know in advance which side of the yellow line the ladies stand on?

38 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

:clap2::cheesy:

16 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Pattaya started dying the day they introduced smartphones.

No, I wasn't a 'sexpat', but in the good old days, it was easy to have a conversation, or interact with staff in any type of social establishment.

Now, especially with the younger generation's obsession with 'social media', modern day conversation is done with the fingers, via a phone mast. 

Those least able to adapt..........Charlie Darwin.

8 hours ago, Metapod said:

I think if anything Pattaya is improving. I hope they clean up all the bars between beach road and second road. Keep soi 6 and walking street if needed, but gentrify the <deleted> out of the beach and 2nd road section of the city. push all the eye-sore shit past second road

Thats no way to talk about the farang bar stool sitting retirees....then again perhaps is.

Hasn't the Tourism Ministry turned it into the number sports destination on earth? A few years ago... And what about ankle bracelets with alarm systems and tracking devices, and beach chair staff wearing govt. issued burlap to make visitors feel safer, and national park status to preserve all the natural beauty, seemed a few years ago with all of those plans the place was set to pick up? What happened?

1 hour ago, Puchaiyank said:

The most VD, ladyboys, streetwalkers, old farang drunks, criminals, scammers, pickpockets, necklace and purse snatchers, Russians, Indians, and Africans per square meter.

VD?  That's really last century?  But really you must never have been to Pattaya.  You are describing Bangkok.  Pattaya has far more Thai and Chinese tourists.  Having never been there you should take a look.  There are some very nice churches too.  And if you're a Yank the fleet's in town now so lots of sailors to talk to.  wink wink.

car.jpg

21 minutes ago, Kim J said:

Pattaya most certainly is not dead. In the 20 odd years I have been coming to / living in the area I have seen massive changes. Are those changes for better or for worse? That question can only be answered by each individual.

Personally on the whole despite the odd improvement, I preferred the place as it was 10+ years ago.

I lived there 20 years ago and liked it then and like it now.  Many fond memories.  And lucky to be alive memories.  Did I ever tell you the one about the elephants stampeding the bar?  I think they were elephants.  I was there in the 60's too but then Kilo Sip was better and New Town. 

So the bars are your sole criteria for judging a place? Interesting,  although you are not alone in that I guess. Lot's of very discerning people go to Pattaya for the bars. 
Makes sense it's a party town. Easily measured by how jammed the bars are.

8 minutes ago, Benroon said:

6) more rats per square metre Pattaya winner 7) fattest p4p women Pattaya winner (but I know you’re into a few extra kilos) 8 shittest beach in the world by a street Pattaya winner 9) more Singha vests per square metre Pattaya winner

still nothing wrong with a bit of bias.

The place is a filthy hovel with desperate old pot bellied shirtless men thinking they’re a catch (and they’re it’s good points!) -  fine if you like filthy hovels.

Hater of the day award.

He must have got REALLY burned........ or just has a large chip on his shoulder..

6) more rats per square metre Pattaya winner 7) fattest p4p women Pattaya winner (but I know you’re into a few extra kilos) 8 shittest beach in the world by a street Pattaya winner 9) more Singha vests per square metre Pattaya winner

The place is a filthy hovel with desperate old pot bellied shirtless men thinking they’re a catch (and they’re it’s good points!) -  fine if you like filthy hovels.
Dude you need to get to Pattaya asap just to get laid. Dunno where you live but doubt your getting any judging by how stressed you are [emoji16]

Dude you need to get to Pattaya asap just to get laid. Dunno where you live but doubt your getting any judging by how stressed you are [emoji16]

Went to Pattaya to get laid a few years ago. Changed my mind after I saw what was on offer.
Having said that, I enjoyed my evenings on walking street watching knuckle draggers walking past with what looked remotely like females

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Went to Pattaya to get laid a few years ago. Changed my mind after I saw what was on offer.
Having said that, I enjoyed my evenings on walking street watching knuckle draggers walking past with what looked remotely like females

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
I don't live in Pattaya but bangkok however would always find a new fresh faced farm girl on soi 6 or a stunner on a walking St go go
But bangkok beats them all in quality and looks by miles.

7 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

you are saying I could do boom boom in Mallorca? I was there for five days and did not hear a word about it.

You mustn't be good looking enough. When I go there I have to fight them off with a stick.

There is an abundance of plastic surgeons in Thailand. It seems you need to avail yourself of one. Good luck.

1 hour ago, madmen said:

I don't live in Pattaya but bangkok however would always find a new fresh faced farm girl on soi 6 or a stunner on a walking St go go
But bangkok beats them all in quality and looks by miles.

And of course they never vamoose like a rat up a drainpipe afterwards in Bangkok after charging you an arm and a leg. Bless 'em.

Best eight minutes you can buy.

4 hours ago, Traubert said:

And of course they never vamoose like a rat up a drainpipe afterwards in Bangkok after charging you an arm and a leg. Bless 'em.

Best eight minutes you can buy.

No they don't.  Since pay is after rather than before.  Most times can't get rid of them.  Pay is so they leave.  (old punter saying)

9 hours ago, Benroon said:

Another Pattaya wanna-be weighs in.  Clearly hasn't been here any time in the last few years or he wouldn't have made the statement regarding Pattaya Beach.  The last few years it has been clean and now, with the beach replenishment, it's beautiful and wide the whole length.

Never seen a rat so that's not been a problem.  Fat, poorly-dressed people?  Well, as an American, I am used to that and have seen far worse at any outlet mall in the US.   Spending part of the time in Bangkok, I can say that Pattaya is no worse than Bangkok in cleanliness.

So, to sum up, I have the other poster's numbers 1-5.  Plus, a now great beach, no rats on me, average amount of trash and average amount of over-weight, poorly dressed people.  (A plus in my book because they make me look even better.)   Keep dreaming.

13 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

So safe to assume you have not been yet but received your knowledge from the experts on Thai visa?

5 hours ago, BestB said:

So safe to assume you have not been yet but received your knowledge from the experts on Thai visa?

Ha.

Yes, it is pretty typical of people who have not been here.

It is like those that say: If you walk down any street in Angeles City you will get robbed or shot.  When asked the answer is usually; No I have never been but I heard.

Just dumb.

Archived