BANGKOK 23 July 2019 05:55
swissie

Pattaya is dead, or is it?

7 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Pattaya may be death but Jomtien is vibrant as always 😃

Couldn’t get a seat in Kiss Food & Drink the other night.......heaving..

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Kim J said:

Pattaya most certainly is not dead. In the 20 odd years I have been coming to / living in the area I have seen massive changes. Are those changes for better or for worse? That question can only be answered by each individual.

Personally on the whole despite the odd improvement, I preferred the place as it was 10+ years ago.

I lived there 20 years ago and liked it then and like it now.  Many fond memories.  And lucky to be alive memories.  Did I ever tell you the one about the elephants stampeding the bar?  I think they were elephants.  I was there in the 60's too but then Kilo Sip was better and New Town. 

Edited by marcusarelus

So the bars are your sole criteria for judging a place? Interesting,  although you are not alone in that I guess. Lot's of very discerning people go to Pattaya for the bars. 
Makes sense it's a party town. Easily measured by how jammed the bars are.

4 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

1.  Good restaurants per square meter?   Pattaya winner.  2.  Less pollution than CM or Bangkok?  Pattaya winner.  3.  Better shopping than Rayong?  Pattaya winner.  4.  More quality hospitals per person?  Pattaya winner.  5.  Best and cheapest and most entertainment per squar meter?  Pattaya wins by a mile. 

6) more rats per square metre Pattaya winner 7) fattest p4p women Pattaya winner (but I know you’re into a few extra kilos) 8 shittest beach in the world by a street Pattaya winner 9) more Singha vests per square metre Pattaya winner

still nothing wrong with a bit of bias.

The place is a filthy hovel with desperate old pot bellied shirtless men thinking they’re a catch (and they’re it’s good points!) -  fine if you like filthy hovels.

Edited by Benroon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Pattaya has been dead for a loooong time, no one bothered to tell is so.....same crap everyday just served a bit different from time to time....if you are not the lead dog, the scenery will never change...lol...🤔

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Went to Pattaya to get laid a few years ago. Changed my mind after I saw what was on offer.
Having said that, I enjoyed my evenings on walking street watching knuckle draggers walking past with what looked remotely like females

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
I don't live in Pattaya but bangkok however would always find a new fresh faced farm girl on soi 6 or a stunner on a walking St go go
But bangkok beats them all in quality and looks by miles.
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

you are saying I could do boom boom in Mallorca? I was there for five days and did not hear a word about it.

You mustn't be good looking enough. When I go there I have to fight them off with a stick.

There is an abundance of plastic surgeons in Thailand. It seems you need to avail yourself of one. Good luck.

Edited by champers
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, madmen said:

I don't live in Pattaya but bangkok however would always find a new fresh faced farm girl on soi 6 or a stunner on a walking St go go
But bangkok beats them all in quality and looks by miles.

And of course they never vamoose like a rat up a drainpipe afterwards in Bangkok after charging you an arm and a leg. Bless 'em.

Best eight minutes you can buy.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Traubert said:

And of course they never vamoose like a rat up a drainpipe afterwards in Bangkok after charging you an arm and a leg. Bless 'em.

Best eight minutes you can buy.

No they don't.  Since pay is after rather than before.  Most times can't get rid of them.  Pay is so they leave.  (old punter saying)