Swiss Pension

spider1197

Go to your Thai Bank and get their details, name and address of bank and the banks SWIFT code.

Contact your Swiss pension office and ask them to stop payments into the Swiss account. Give them the Thai bank details and ask that all future payments be made into that Thai account.

:smile:

1 hour ago, spider1197 said:

Thank you for the info.  So it is possible to get payments direct to my Thai bank.

I and many others on here have their pensions paid directly into Thai accounts.

The only problem may be "money laundering" if you were to transfer large amounts regularly :whistling:

Tell them when you go to get your Thai bank details that you will be expecting regular pension payments just to put your mind at ease.

Also check with your Swiss office that they will actually transfer monies to Thailand. Just a few years ago Thailand was one of the countries that the UK Pension Office would not send monies too. Luckily that policy changed and now I and many others receive our pension directly in to Thai accounts.

:smile:

There seems no reason why they would not transfer.

(links are in German language but you can select F/I/E if preferred)

https://www.ch.ch/de/pensionierung-ausland/?serviceid=2360&assignmentType=NotSpecified&blockid=41500&plz4auto=&plz=#bv41500

https://www.eda.admin.ch/eda/de/home/leben-im-ausland/auswandern/ruhestand-im-ausland/finanzielles.html

I am quite sure that you will need a notarization of signature for the new account to pay to.

So a visit to the Swiss consulate/embassy in Bangkok might be due.

From the English version:

AHV benefits are generally paid to recipients residing abroad in the national currency of their country of residence.

Sending in Thai Baht might not be to your favor due to the exchange rates applied.

Might be worth trying to arrange payment in Swiss Francs to your Thai account so that exchange is done in Thailand.

Practical experience might be rare here in the forum?

I would really suggest to contact the AHV (pension office) by email about the procedure.

I assume that you are talking about the Swiss AHV. I got rid of my Postfinance-Konto last year, it was costing me ฿10 000 / yearly.

Google "antrag auf auszahlung der ahv/iv leistungen auf ein personliches bank oder postkonto fur versicherte im ausland and you will find the form in pdf. 

I heard nothing back from Switzerland but the money turned up at my Bangkok Bank account

three days later

than when Postfinance was my bank. That was a minor panic. 

5 minutes ago, cooked said:

I assume that you are talking about the Swiss AHV. I got rid of my Postfinance-Konto last year, it was costing me ฿10 000 / yearly.

Google "antrag auf auszahlung der ahv/iv leistungen auf ein personliches bank oder postkonto fur versicherte im ausland and you will find the form in pdf. 

I heard nothing back from Switzerland but the money turned up at my Bangkok Bank account

three days later

than when Postfinance was my bank. That was a minor panic. 

Thanks.  I found the form earlier today.  I have the same bank problem.  Cost is terrible.  As one comment said, I might have to notarize the signature.  What do you think?

8 minutes ago, spider1197 said:

Thanks.  I found the form earlier today.  I have the same bank problem.  Cost is terrible.  As one comment said, I might have to notarize the signature.  What do you think?

I can't remember notarising the signature, why not just send it off, you don't have to cancel your Swiss bank account straight away. I used EMS registered post, ฿900.- or so. Cancelling my Postfinancekonto was a miserable affair, no acknowledgement, login just stopped working one day. I was with them for over 40 years.

Archived