BANGKOK 21 March 2019 06:09
webfact

Light fingered foreigners on the rampage in Krabi

2 hours ago, LoS itaint said:

Where did you gleam that info? My understanding is that the victim is a Thai national

I read it on the link given: Sanook, not gleam it anywhere third answer in case the two other ignored :biggrin:

Here is a copy/paste of what was written on the link given: Sanook...If they wrote a different thing not my fault

"Mr. Somkiat, Managing Director One of the famous tour boat companies The owner of the ship said that the victim was a 21-year-old US citizen who, after the incident on the afternoon of February 12, had reported to Ao Nang and informed the tourist police. In order to keep track of such tourists In which the bag contains wallets, ID cards, ATM cards, mobile phone chargers, books, perfume and many other items Including cash available at 5,000 baht"

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, SammyT said:

"

A man in a white t-shirt and shorts was caught on onboard CCTV lifting a bag belonging to Saharat, 21.

He later reported the loss of the bag to the police - it contained his Thai ID, a phone, an ATM card and 5,000 baht among many other items. "

It contained his Thai ID and his name was Saharat. Not exactly hallmarks of an American. 

OK I will answer for the fourth time and the last one :tongue:

Here is a copy/paste of what was written on the link given: Sanook...If they wrote a different thing not my fault

Mr. Somkiat, Managing Director One of the famous tour boat companies The owner of the ship said that the victim was a 21-year-old US citizen who, after the incident on the afternoon of February 12, had reported to Ao Nang and informed the tourist police. In order to keep track of such tourists In which the bag contains wallets, ID cards, ATM cards, mobile phone chargers, books, perfume and many other items Including cash available at 5,000 baht

• Haha 1

55555 Just a suggestion for you, why don’t you allow common sense to prevail, no matter what you copy/paste the victim, Saharat, who has a Thai ID card is a Thai, over & out!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

2 hours ago, bkkgriz said:

A 21 year old American with a Thai ID? Seems very unlikely.

My 17 yr. old daughter is Thai-American, and has a US passport and a Thai ID. 

2 minutes ago, LoS itaint said:

55555 Just a suggestion for you, why don’t you allow common sense to prevail, no matter what you copy/paste the victim, Saharat, who has a Thai ID card is a Thai, over & out!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I copy/paste to show people that I did, in fact, read on Sanook it was an American the owner of the bag, no mention at all of what you and other said.  They wrote the owner was an American at the time I did read it so please with your common sense... grrrr I have no Christal ball.

Then probably a few hours later they learnt the owner was a Thai. So now give me a rest:lock:

• Like 1

Do they have visas allowing them to work or is this an occupation specifically reserved for Thais, who are very well versed in it. They just hate foreigners nicking their jobs. No sorry they just hate foreigners full stop.

• Confused 1

I hate to say this, but look at the ethnicity of the offenders in the Photo, .... Not my People ! and that is for sure !!! (

Like thieves have been ripping people off just Blind !!! for Years in places like Italy, and I know a guy that got robed twice in one day in Barcelona !!! ... Maybe their obviously pretty relaxed villeins, ...  are all just getting richer now, and can make it to Thailand ? For easier pickings ?

.... A Woman Friend, of an EX Friend of mine, is going to meet him in Australia and when I was helping me fill out the Visa application, ... as the Ex Friend is working there, and is not here, .... she pulled a wad of Australian bank notes out of her hand bag !!! ... About 3 Inches Thick !!! ... Like 200,000 to 300,000 B worth + !!! .... I neatly fell over !!! .... "Wow"  I said, .... but after a bit of a discussion on concealed Money belts, .... I thought about it, ... and said "Well you might be able to look after that here in Thailand, .... But I would give it straight to your boy friend in Australia, ....  as soon as he meets you at the Airport !!! .... Like I thought, ... Much more chance of her, when being out of her element, loosing it in Australian than here. .... 

4 hours ago, Caine said:

Do they have visas allowing them to work or is this an occupation specifically reserved for Thais, who are very well versed in it. They just hate foreigners nicking their jobs. No sorry they just hate foreigners full stop.

I doubt anyone likes you 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mark mark said:

.... A Woman Friend, of an EX Friend of mine, is going to meet him in Australia and when I was helping me fill out the Visa application, ... as the Ex Friend is working there, and is not here, .... 

What does that even say ?? Is it some sort of Klingon ? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Benroon said:

What does that even say ?? Is it some sort of Klingon ? 

It says eight big Changs.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

I copy/paste to show people that I did, in fact, read on Sanook it was an American the owner of the bag, no mention at all of what you and other said.  They wrote the owner was an American at the time I did read it so please with your common sense... grrrr I have no Christal ball.

Then probably a few hours later they learnt the owner was a Thai. So now give me a rest:lock:

Yeah the books and perfume were a dead giveaway.

12 hours ago, LoS itaint said:

Where did you gleam that info? My understanding is that the victim is a Thai national

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I think he gleamed it from the Sanook report ............. "Mr. Somkiat, Managing Director One of the famous tour boat companies The owner of the ship said that the victim was a 21-year-old US citizen  "