Wary of shutdown, Trump inches toward support for wall deal

webfact

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Cryingdick said:

Pelosi said the wall was immoral and that was the reason she wouldn't give more than a single dollar or so she said. So she is now agreeing to something she previously said is immoral. 

I have no idea what that has to do with my post, which pointed out Pelosi had broken trump, to the point he is too scared to go up against her to build his wall. 

He bottled it and knows he has been whipped. 

9 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I have no idea what that has to do with my post, which pointed out Pelosi had broken trump, to the point he is too scared to go up against her to build his wall. 

He bottled it and knows he has been whipped. 

You said Pelosi had won. I am basically saying she sold her soul to do it. If she had any moral fiber would stick to her guns. Not more than one single dollar for the wall should be her position. Now we have come from the premise it is immoral to simply how to fund it. That is a big change, the money can be found now that the "immoral" hurdle has been tossed out.

2 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

You said Pelosi had won. I am basically saying she sold her soul to do it. If she had any moral fiber would stick to her guns. Not more than one single dollar for the wall should be her position.

Rubbish. 

The democrat position has been to fund border security, and prevent trump building an ineffective wall that he has no mandate for. 

Nonetheless, that has nothing to do with my post.

I didn’t say she won, I said she broke trump. 

Because she has. 

5 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Rubbish. 

The democrat position has been to fund border security, and prevent trump building an ineffective wall that he has no mandate for. 

Nonetheless, that has nothing to do with my post.

I didn’t say she won, I said she broke trump. 

Because she has. 

Did she or did she not vow to not give more than one dollar to the wall because she considered it immoral? You can talk in circles but facts are facts.

15 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Did she or did she not vow to not give more than one dollar to the wall because she considered it immoral? You can talk in circles but facts are facts.

Don’t know, don’t care. Don’t particularly like her but I did enjoy the way she broke trump. 

That is all I posted on. 

I understand the democrat position that there has to be border security, don’t particularly care about any one individuals personal perspective or statements. 

As a party they have a policy, rather than rational more trump’s imbecilic belief in a wall/fence/slats (whatever he is calling it today). 

trump promised a wall the tax payer would not have to fund. 

That was a lie. 

That is why I have a problem with his behaviour, which caused the shutdown. 

3 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Don’t know, don’t care. Don’t particularly like her but I did enjoy the way she broke trump. 

That is all I posted on. 

I support the democrat position on border security, don’t particularly care about any one individuals personal perspective or statements. 

As a party they have a policy I regard as more rational than trump’s imbecilic belief in a wall/fence/slats (whatever he is calling it today). 

More so I respect the fact they campaigned on a policy they are now promoting.

Unlike trump who promised a wall the tax payer would not have to fund. 

That was a lie. 

You care when Trump lies but are unable to concede to the simple fact that Pelosi lied. I really don't care but it is interesting to see that you can't just acknowledge that and move on. Anyway the wall has a green light to go forward is the larger point. That Pelosi isn't an honest person isn't the real news.

Now however funding is achieved the wall can be built and that wasn't the case before. So it could be said Pelosi won a battle here but her concession will ultimately lead to the wall being built and she will lose the war. 

16 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

You care when Trump lies but are unable to concede to the simple fact that Pelosi lied. I really don't care but it is interesting to see that you can't just acknowledge that and move on. Anyway the wall has a green light to go forward is the larger point. That Pelosi isn't an honest person isn't the real news.

Now however funding is achieved the wall can be built and that wasn't the case before. So it could be said Pelosi won a battle here but her concession will ultimately lead to the wall being built and she will lose the war. 

She’s already whipped trump, he’s house trained and while his blustering over the wall goes on, he’s lost and for that I credit Pelosi.

She broke him.  

Thats all i posted on, because that’s all I wanted to comment on. 

27 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

She’s already whipped trump, he’s house trained and while his blustering over the wall goes on, he’s lost and for that I credit Pelosi.

She broke him.  

Thats all i posted on, because that’s all I wanted to comment on. 

In order to win she became just like what people accuse Trump of being. A liar that does things immoral for political gain. A little ironic I would think. However we can agree to disagree. 

6 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

In order to win she became just like what people accuse Trump of being. A liar that does things immoral for political gain. A little ironic I would think. However we can agree to disagree. 

She showed him he could not force a policy he had no mandate for on the country. 

Respect   

1 hour ago, Cryingdick said:

@CryingdickCould you please provide the context and a source that has that "immoral" comment in it? I'm not certain but I think maybe she meant holding the government hostage with a shutdown for his wall was "immoral" rather, than the wall itself. I remember her standing beside Chuck Schumer when they were saying they aren't against the wall entirely.

15 hours ago, webfact said:

He was weighing the use of an executive order, among other options, the sources told Reuters.

10 hours ago, stevenl said:

I don't think he'll sign this. This goes against what he promised and is still promising his base: a wall, no matter how.  If hje'd sign this that would be signing defeat. Why would he, just shut it down again.

He may really declare a national emergency. 

15 hours ago, robblok said:

Seems the master of deal is failing in his biggest promise. 

Exactly. The dems offered him 1,6 billion dollars for his precious wall before the shutdown, and now he’s agreeing to 1,375 billion dollars. Way to win a negotiation, Donald! 

42 minutes ago, Solinvictus said:

@CryingdickCould you please provide the context and a source that has that "immoral" comment in it? I'm not certain but I think maybe she meant holding the government hostage with a shutdown for his wall was "immoral" rather, than the wall itself. I remember her standing beside Chuck Schumer when they were saying they aren't against the wall entirely.

Cut to about 40 seconds in. She specifically says the wall itself is an immorality. She also vows not to give more than a dollar and no wall will ever be built. 

She will have to take the word moral out of her political vocabulary in the future. This is going to be used against the dems time and time again during the elections. 

6 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

The wall is being built. 

Dream on.

trump’s wall ain’t happening. 

If he wants a tax payer funded wall then he needs to cost it accurately (actually I wouldn’t trust his costing, so let’s say have it costed by people who know what they’re doing) and face the electorate on that platform, rather than lie and say Mexico will pay. 

Just now, Bluespunk said:

Dream on.

If he wants a tax payer funded wall then he needs to cost it accurately (actually I wouldn’t trust his costing, so let’s say have it costed by people who know what they’re doing) and face the electorate on that platform, rather than lie and say Mexico will pay. 

Or lie like Pelosi and say A. it won't be built and then give partial funding. 2. The wall is an immorality and won't give more than a dollar. She wasted political capital as the party leader and lost credibility. When the dems try to bring morality into the new green deal discussions it will be laughable because of this hypocrisy.

18 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Or lie like Pelosi and say A. it won't be built and then give partial funding. 2. The wall is an immorality and won't give more than a dollar. She wasted political capital as the party leader and lost credibility. When the dems try to bring morality into the new green deal discussions it will be laughable because of this hypocrisy.

trumps been shown up for what he is, a blowhard who bottled it. 

Pelosi exposed and out thought him. 

Respect. 

Don't fall for media propaganda.

You see, they all got what they wanted.

While the public's attention was diverted to some "wall", a coup de'tat was successfully initiated in Venezuela.

Trump, Pelosi, and Netanyahu are celebrating.

They have their eyes on the oil, gold, and other natural resources of Venezuela.  Also, the pharmaceutical lobby, the police state network, and the corrupt politicians got to keep their dirty money stream from cannabis persecution going.

So who lost on all this?

The dumbed-down public. 

FB_IMG_1549094524216.jpg

This is all just bizzaro land.

I lived in San Diego for 20 years and there is a wall. Most of the Southern border is pretty impassable just by geography.

Build a 15ft wall, well you get a 16ft ladder.

The drug cartels are pretty good at making tunnels to traffic their goods

Not to mention that 60% of all illegal immigrants arrive by air, then just overstay their visa

....oh yeah and wasn't Mexico gonna cough up the $5B???

Sometimes I despair about DC

3 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Dream on.

Trump is going to declare a "National Emergency" in an attempt to grab funding for the "Wall". Believe estimated overall cost is around $20billion. trump is a disgrace as clearly incapable to govern in a democratic environment, trump is unfit for the Office of the President of the USA.

7 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

I don't see how she lied, there has always been funding provided for border security in the democratic proposals. Nothing has changed, it just has gotten a bit less.

30 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I don't see how she lied, there has always been funding provided for border security in the democratic proposals. Nothing has changed, it just has gotten a bit less.

Watch the video. She says it is an immorality and she won't authorize more than a single dollar. It's just as bad as Trump saying Mexico will pay for it. Mexico isn't paying for it and Pelosi has authorized more than one dollar. 

She is a hypocrite because she is funding something that in her opinion is an immorality. I can't believe I have to explain any of this had anybody watched the. video. 

Just now, Cryingdick said:

Watch the video. She says it is an immorality and she won't authorize more than a single dollar. It's just as bad as Trump saying Mexico will pay for it. Mexico isn't paying for it and Pelosi has authorized more than one dollar. 

She is a hypocrite because she is funding something that in her opinion is an immorality. I can't believe I have to explain any of this had anybody watched the. video. 

There is no money in the bill for a wall.

You see a wall being built where no wall is being built and funds for a wall where there are no funds for a wall.

This disconnect from reality might give you comfort but please don’t expect the rest of us to swallow these blatant imaginings.

Sadly, this IS about a WALL.   It IS NOT about border security.   There are much more effective and less expensive means of protecting the border:

Fiber-optic cables could secure the border instead

Amid the cacophony, one lawmaker has tried fruitlessly to divert attention away from the wall, and toward fiber-optic technology that could pinpoint with precision where border intrusions occur, determine what exactly is coming across, and relay the information to Border Patrol agents in realtime.

"I would love to lay a fiber-optic cable from sea to shining sea," Rep. Will Hurd, a Texas Republican who represents more of the US-Mexico border than anyone in Congress, told The New York Times' "The Daily" podcast in January.

https://www.businessinsider.com/fiber-optic-sensing-technology-vs-border-wall-2019-2?utm_content=buffer6703d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer&fbclid=IwAR1hHb5NJT9-2AU4_U7MJDcMrJzb7TDk3UFPWZzrP_pGQOhBTrGsT2lXxBE

18 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Oh really? His approval rating is now 50% or more. More popular now than even Barack Obama. He will win the next election I am quite sure of it. Wall or not.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_feb13

Zero chance. He will be considered radioactive by the GOP, by the end of this year. Mark my words. Just wait. He will be buried in felonious accusations and evidence. Never in the history of the American presidency has a leader been so filthy. 

18 hours ago, billd766 said:

Well the only response from TopDeadSenter was the sad icon.

What is the problem? Did the cat get your tongue?

You posted 1 link saying the Trump approval rating was better.

I provided 4 links that say otherwise.

Your turn to outbid me.

Archived