Pedestrian catapulted over taxi - lands on back window but lives

webfact

Pedestrian catapulted over taxi - lands on back window but lives

4pm.jpg

Sanook published a picture of the aftermath of an accident yesterday morning when a Bangkok taxi hit a pedestrian in Muang district of Pathum Thani north west of Bangkok. 

The victim was crossing and was hit by the taxi that had come down from a bridge near the entrance to Nakharin Anusorn school on Route 345. 

Fifty nine year old Samart Chatsanguanchai was covered in blood and appeared to have broken his right arm and right leg - but he was alive and was taken by the Poh Teck Tung foundation to nearby Krung Siam St Carlos hospital. 

Taxi driver Sa-art, 50, from Nonthaburi said that he was taking a passenger from bang Bua Thong to Rangsit. The man ran out in front of him and he could not brake in time.

The man was catapulted over the vehicle from the left side and landed on the back window.

Sa-art immediately called police and the rescue services. 

Witnesses corroborated his story. 

But he will still be charged with negligent driving, said Muang Pathum Thani police. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-14

7 minutes ago, webfact said:

Taxi driver Sa-art, 50, from Nonthaburi said that he was taking a passenger from bang Bua Thong to Rangsit. The man ran out in front of him and he could not brake in time.

7 minutes ago, webfact said:

But he will still be charged with negligent driving, said Muang Pathum Thani police.

because the police are morons?

6 minutes ago, webfact said:

The man ran out in front of him and he could not brake in time.

6 minutes ago, webfact said:

This is a first for me...

It seems like the cars or vehicles always have the right of way in Thailand.

I have been nearly run over crossing streets, even legitimate crosswalks in Thailand.

Drivers have no respect for pedestrians, the rule seems to be: The bigger vehicle always gets right of way. 

The driver was probably going too fast in the first place.

Hope the man makes a full recovery....

wow he is in good shape for 59.

Perhaps you are comparing him to the typical 59 year old 'farang' that you see in Thailand.

Some of us farangs of the same age (I'm 59) look very similar in body composition to that lucky/unlucky guy ????

26 minutes ago, SammyT said:

Probably should have used that pedestrian overbridge in the background...

Yes the bridge is real close, so many locals still run over roads with bridges so close they still avoid them. I see the same thing we got an U turn at 400 meters but they all take the other U turn against traffic. So many people just don't care about safety / rules when its only a little bit further to be safe.

21 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Perhaps you are comparing him to the typical 59 year old 'farang' that you see in Thailand.

Some of us farangs of the same age (I'm 59) look very similar in body composition to that lucky/unlucky guy ????

Yes for many staying in shape is not high on their list of important things to do. That said, its a personal choice I don't blame them its easier to not stay in shape.

14 hours ago, simon43 said:

Not knocking you Simon, you've posted your photos before and good on you for making the effort. I know guys in the village here (and in Northern Myanmar) who are practically Bruce Lee to look at in their late 50's early 60's....they don't need to work out , they have always worked hard. Respect.

There is a pedestrian bridge in front of the taxi.  Did he fall from the bridge onto the taxi, I think not.  And yet the taxi driver will be cited for the inappropriate behaviour of the pedestrian.  Usually, I side with the pedestrians as Thais seem to have forgotten what it is to walk in the city and it can be quite frightening from my experience.

Archived