Bank Statements for Retirement Extension

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

What type of extension are you applying for that only allows a 3 month stay?

Or are you incorrectly calling a a report of staying longer than 90 days in the country an extension?

There is no confirmation that immigration will be checking your bank balance when you do 90 day reports. Also it appears you have an extension you applied for long before the 1st of March so the new rules do not apply in your case.

Hello ubonjoe thank you for answering,

I am in my seventh year as a retired, so I meant my second 90 days report this year ( and not an extension, as a not native English speaker  even though doing my best sometimes...) I meant this month 22th I will go to immigration for my second 90 days report and as I said since my bank is still over 400 000฿ I will have plenty of time to transfer some money, for my account not going under this deadly 400.000 ฿ :smile: but some years before, it went down. Two years ago I bought a new car my account was maybe only 50.000฿  for a week or two, at the time no problem, and should it comes to zero for any reason I could always take some money at an ATM with my two credit cards from my country.  But this year what would have happened?

it's not so much financially that I'm touched, but psychologically I wonder why I decided to finish my days in a minefield, which had never scratched me before

I am in the process of opening a Bangkok Bank account as I use TransferWise to send money from the UK to Thailand but my current bank Kasikorn the bank code is ''dummy branch'' which had me a tad worried, so I am collecting the stuff for a residence certificate from Jomtien immigration, and then will apply to Bangkok Bank. I have heard as I have already renewed my extension of stay, do I still need all this? as I have read the new rules do not apply to anyone who already has done this, but will I need it on my next renewal of extension of stay next year? thanks in advance folks. 

Edited by zoza

For several years after Thaksin's first term as PM, when he appointed a nationalist named Purachai as Foreign Minister, there was a requirement to have a Thai bank account. Every year we had to get a letter from the bank showing how much we had transferred from overseas, and also copies of every page in the passbook. Eventually they stopped demanding that because so many people transferred their money through ATMs and the ATM receipt fades after a month or two. I am fairly sure that is what they will ask for this time. The representative at Bangkok Bank in Nakhorn was familiar with the letter from the bank and I found a system called Automated Clearing House that is very easy to use. The particular provider I am using is Transferwise, but there seem to be many providers. Google "automated clearing house." The fee is a little less than the total of ATM charges I was paying before, but my first month-end transfer took five days. The first test transfer took only one day  The point is, your bank book will have a code at the left end of the entry showing that it is a transfer from overseas, which is what Immigration probably is looking for. I do not know why Immigration is using the term "bank statement." I have never had a statement from a Thai bank, because all the data is entered into the bank book. I have a feeling there is infighting going on in the Immigration Department as officers are jockeying to gain political advantage from this, and that's why there's so little information.

19 hours ago, zoza said:

I am in the process of opening a Bangkok Bank account as I use TransferWise to send money from the UK to Thailand but my current bank Kasikorn the bank code is ''dummy branch'' which had me a tad worried, so I am collecting the stuff for a residence certificate from Jomtien immigration, and then will apply to Bangkok Bank. I have heard as I have already renewed my extension of stay, do I still need all this? as I have read the new rules do not apply to anyone who already has done this, but will I need it on my next renewal of extension of stay next year? thanks in advance folks. 

can some one answer my query do I need to open a Bangkok Bank

account as Kasikorn has a local bank to bank code.

but I have heard Bangkok Bank has the correct code for international transfer's.... via Transferwise

Edited by zoza
sticking key

11 minutes ago, zoza said:

can some one answer my query do I need to open a Bangkok Bank

account as Kasikorn has a local bank to bank code.

but I have heard Bangkok Bank has the correct code for international transfer's.... via Transferwise

Even with  Bangkok Bank there is a small chance some transfers will not show as International, as they may use TMB or Kasikorn randomly. Nobody can answer, maybe your local Imm office would look at supporting Transferwise receipts. Untried as still early days for no-Embassy letter Extension applications. Have you considered using Swift transfers?

To be honest I chose TransferWise as it is a far better rate and fee but maybe I can get a copy from TransferWise,and a copy from Bangkok Bank with amounts/accounts/dates ,all allying and they 

might just look upon all this as good enough for three months of transfers? but I would find another agent rather than using swift and failing that I am married,

and I have enough in the bank, so swift is a no-go as

I have donated enough to the banks down the years.

Edited by zoza