BANGKOK 19 July 2019 13:44
webfact

Pattaya officials make arrests at three hotels operating without licences

2 hours ago, Ulic said:

The question I have is, are the hotels not registered because of construction/design shortcomings, because it is some business tax dodge, because you have to pay millions of baht in tea money to a government official to get the registration approved. What is the real reason? Surely it is not because the hotel owners are too lazy to register them. 

The requirements that need to be met to get a hotel licence are huge....Only a handful of 5 star hotels can meet the requirements........About 6 months after the crackdown had started only about 15 hotels in Pattaya had a hotel licence...

The licence has nothing to with any thing except to put the little guy out of business so the big guys get fatter......

Edited by fforest1

2 hours ago, Kim J said:

They should also be prosecuted for still having a Christmas tree in their foyer.

How long have you been here?

Saves time taking it down and putting it back up every year.

😆😆😆😆

My friend has a 'resort' in Isaan. Short time rental by the hour as is normal. Now she has a fence after her first 5 rooms saying monthly rental only..

Seems its being applied countrywide.

2 hours ago, fforest1 said:

The requirements that need to be met to get a hotel licence are huge....Only a handful of 5 star hotels can meet the requirements........About 6 months after the crackdown had started only about 15 hotels in Pattaya had a hotel licence...

The licence has nothing to with any thing except to put the little guy out of business so the big guys get fatter......

Rowlocks....dozens..hundreds of real hotels in Pattaya. Maybe not in the parts where you stay....

8 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Rowlocks....dozens..hundreds of real hotels in Pattaya. Maybe not in the parts where you stay....

I never said there were not loads of hotels in Pattaya.....But most do not have a hotel licence....I have followed this story from day 1 of the crackdown and I have a pretty good idea what its about....

Most hotels will never in a million years qualify for a hotel licence....

Edited by fforest1

21 hours ago, webfact said:

protection services and the tourist police

I thought they were the same thing? BIB!

21 hours ago, KenKadz said:

Surprise, Surprise, someone finally checking licenses.

If licenses of hotels, bars, massage parlors, eateries, etc. were entered into computer database systems and checked all year long the city might find a whole new source of revenue.

There are probably dozens operating like this..........I as in a guest house off second road, near McDonalds run by a Norwegian, asked for a Jack Daniels & Coke at his bar, he said - oh, only beer, I have no license for liquor, but if you buy a bottle, I'll put your name on it and I will be legal............then I noticed a lot of bottles with little signs hanging off them behind the bar .......   the price??  whatever it would cost for 20 shots, a bargain that was.   🤣....  where there's a will, there's a way, I give him credit for being creative.

Now, what is that 'thing' in the first photo fingering the computer??   Scary.     Wouldn't want to meet it in a dark ally.