Video: Crazy Thai driving as Fortuner cuts in front of tour bus at Phuket U-turn

webfact

8 hours ago, SammyT said:

I love it how the Fortuner just drives away as if nothing has happened. 

Thai  style...........no  damage  my  car, keep  going,  stupid  bus  driver  could  see i  was  turning

2 minutes ago, kannot said:

i  wouldnt  be  the  least bit  surprised  if  the wanktuna  driver didnt even  know what had  happened

However, the driver of the Fortuner, 45-year-old Saichol Muasikew, later presented herself at the police station, confirmed L/Cpl Phatchara Wichernnara of the Kathu Police.

She was fined B400 for reckless driving causing damage to another person's property, Capt Nipon said.

“She said she was was shocked and scared. She presented herself at the police station without police having to track her down,” he added.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/driver-fined-b400-for-reckless-driving-as-tour-bus-slams-into-power-pole-to-avoid-collision-70382.php#aUdcOPibt7kluJO9.99

9 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Crazy bus driver too,

Why would you swerve a bus into a power pole when the car would have been much softer, and wouldn't have been able to run away?

do you really think the driver of the bus knew he would hit the pole when he swerved to miss the obstacle in his path, have you ever driven a large passenger carrying vehicle. bus drivers can never do right in some peoples eyes, 

3 hours ago, mok199 said:

Mabey the driver just had enough of the tour buses,speeding, belching smoke and bullying their way around .....I know I have !

So that makes it ok to pull out in front of them?

Hope I never meet you on the road

B400 fine, pays for the power pole and the bus. Nothing about the inconvenience caused to people with loss of power, internet, etc. What a frikkin joke.

Edit: the rescue foundation has put up dashcam footage of today's Mong Driver casually riding up the kerb in the middle of Kathu, straight into a light pole. Darwin rules in Phuket. ????

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

That was very difficult to read - so I didn't.

Drive defensively. Simple.

6 hours ago, Pilotman said:

I am struggling to see how this is out of the ordinary. I see something stupid and explainable, every day that I drive on Thai roads. Let's face it, the vast majority just cannot drive.  

Agree. I see this kind of driving every single day, but with millimeter margins. it nearly always it turns out lucky. It's a miracle that the traffic death numbers aren't even higher than they already are.

12 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

However, the driver of the Fortuner, 45-year-old Saichol Muasikew, later presented herself at the police station, confirmed L/Cpl Phatchara Wichernnara of the Kathu Police.

She was fined B400 for reckless driving causing damage to another person's property, Capt Nipon said.

“She said she was was shocked and scared. She presented herself at the police station without police having to track her down,” he added.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/driver-fined-b400-for-reckless-driving-as-tour-bus-slams-into-power-pole-to-avoid-collision-70382.php#aUdcOPibt7kluJO9.99

the fines are just a joke with no deterrent to the idiots driving on the roads, 400 baht for this reckless driving, it should have been 40,000 and licence taken away for 3 months, a points system needs to be put in place,

the police need to do some enforcement of road traffic rules, stopping people as they are driving/committing these offences, to list a few, failing to stop at traffic lights, driving the wrong way, no insurance/tax, no driving licence, no lights mainly on M/Cycles, safety inspections on mini buses and large buses, etc etc, how many old wrecks of pickup trucks do you see all bashed in, no lights anywhere, carrying 2 tons of large logs with the front wheels off the ground.

16 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Wot! No wai or apologies to the bus driver and only a 400 baht fine?

She should be forced to pay for the repairs to the bus and the repairs to the PEA for the power pole and the power outage.

3 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Read the full story.....

Read it.

Good. She should also lose her licence for a year.

Fortunately in this case there were no tourists on the bus which does NOT excuse her complete stupidity in doing the U turn in the first place NOR does it excuse her failure to stop at the scene.

On 2/15/2019 at 12:45 PM, billd766 said:

Wot! No wai or apologies to the bus driver and only a 400 baht fine?

She should be forced to pay for the repairs to the bus and the repairs to the PEA for the power pole and the power outage.

And you accuse her of stupidity.....

2 hours ago, beechbum said:

And you accuse her of stupidity.....

Why not? She IS stupid for cutting in front of the bus, causing the accident and then driving away.

Would YOU have done the same as she did?

I certainly would't, but then again I am not that stupid either.

Archived