TM 30 - Literally 24 hours or can be next day

Each office has their own enforcement time-period, and reports indicate these vary over time even at the same office.  If doing this the first time, and w/o a recent report on your office, the only way to know for sure is to report at your office (best within a day), and ask the person who handles TM-30s at that office (not front-desk staff) the time-period allowed for future reports.

I realize all offices are different. Personally I have never done a tm30 in several yrs. Live bkk so my office CW. Done maybe 7 annual extensions and no tm30 has not been an issue. BTW I fly out of Thailand every couple of weeks.
Me too. There is no requirement to submit a TM30 by individuals, as opposed to hotels who do it online, in Bangkok.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Each office has their own enforcement time-period, and reports indicate these vary over time even at the same office.  If doing this the first time, and w/o a recent report on your office, the only way to know for sure is to report at your office (best within a day), and ask the person who handles TM-30s at that office (not front-desk staff) the time-period allowed for future reports.

Yes i have reported my previous arrival

You have 7 days after your arrival  to submit TM30   at immigration after being out the country
I was told that by IO   at Chiang Mai   ,and have done my  own TM30    3 or 4 days after return ,with no problem

Yes, i’m assuming next day should be fine

I am living in the NE an we have a home in the south.

I travel a few times a year out the country and to the south. 

I never did a TM.30 and my immigration told me that they don't like to have it.

????

Edited by Somrak
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Never been required in Bangkok. Please don't encourage CW immigration to normalise this over the top requirement. 

I think they already do for some holders of some extension types?  I recall some threads about fines.  Retired may be left alone, as they are in some other offices. 

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Done 7 annual extensions based on retirement at CW. Never done a tm30 and I'm in/out of los every couple weeks.

Count yourself lucky.

Phuket immigration insist that you have an up to date tm30. Of course, if you haven't left the country, haven't changed address, or, stayed in a hotel that reported you, your old one will be up to date.

Phuket check that your TM30 and TM7 info in your passport are the same as they have in their computer system.

If not, it's a 2000 Bt fine.

11 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Count yourself lucky.

Phuket immigration insist that you have an up to date tm30. Of course, if you haven't left the country, haven't changed address, or, stayed in a hotel that reported you, your old one will be up to date.

Phuket check that your TM30 and TM7 info in your passport are the same as they have in their computer system.

If not, it's a 2000 Bt fine.

In my first post I mentioned CW (also where op is) and mentioned some offices elsewhere insist upon them

1 hour ago, JackThompson said:

I think they already do for some holders of some extension types?  I recall some threads about fines.  Retired may be left alone, as they are in some other offices. 

One thread week or so back heading...."tm30 now required at cw". Turned out guy was on marriage extension. Also maybe something else in application caused trouble. For retirement 100% not required. 

I guess that you could file a TM30 at CW, they could put it somewhere other than the waste paper basket. The remote danger is that from your prompting they may decide that we all deserve being screwed with, demand it, and throw more of them in the waste paper basket.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

I guess that you could file a TM30 at CW, they could put it somewhere other than the waste paper basket. The remote danger is that from your prompting they may decide that we all deserve being screwed with, demand it, and throw more of them in the waste paper basket.

Correct they don't put it in the waste paper basket, they enter it in their computer database. The only piece of paper is the slip which is handed to the person applying for the TM30 update.

5 hours ago, ajnamoon said:

You have 7 days after your arrival  to submit TM30   at immigration after being out the country

I was told that by IO   at Chiang Mai   ,and have done my  own TM30    3 or 4 days after return ,with no problem

You have the next day. I don't doubt that an officer told you 7 days, and that a gracious one accepted it 3 days late. The problem is that it's not a rule, it's their interpretation of the day. The same officer the next time can easily fine you, if he woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

I personally did it once on the second day, no problem ,and my wife on the third day, no problem. But a colleague was fined about a month ago for being a few days late (can't remember how many) and was told that now the office is open also on weekends and it must be done the next day.

Driving by last weekend I saw that the office was indeed open on a Sunday.

From my reading of the above posts I take it no one can say for sure whether at CW a person needs to make a report (TM30) to immigration (yearly extension retirement/re-entry permit) on returning from a trip outside Thailand?

Edited by homeseeker

5 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

I always arrive back in Thailand on a Friday evening. I go to Phuket immigration on a Monday afternoon. No problems, so far.

changed houses, did my tm 30 6 weeks late in phuket yesterday with my landlord present,no  problems even thou the official kept pointing to the big sign behind his desk stating 24 hours  LOL

PS: for PHUKET, if u need do ur TM 30, but have NOT changed address,

you can use the drive thru window

Edited by phuketrichard

I have done 8 extensions on retirement-6 at Phuket and now 2 at Phitsanulok. I travel to Australia twice a year. Never done a TM 30 except when moved from Phuket to Phits. Went to Phits immigration today for a couple of things and was told-TM 30 required within 24 hours of return. AS well,I was told that 800,000 in bank was fine (I have always used this) and no need to show bank book we use for living expenses. Very helpful there.