TM 30 - Literally 24 hours or can be next day

Apologies if it sounds like a dumb question, but if the fine is 2000 baht when you do your extension, and there is a bit of p!ssing about involved to do one, particularly if you travel a lot, then isn’t it better just to pay the 2000 baht as it might be cheaper for a cost and time saving perspective? 

• Like 1

Agreed, it is not enforced uniformly. But assuming a situation where it is enforced and going by all the posts, it does seem conclusive that next day is fine or still a guess ? (Arrive 6 am on a Monday and report at 9-10 am on Tuesday)

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Agreed, it is not enforced uniformly. But assuming a situation where it is enforced and going by all the posts, it does seem conclusive that next day is fine or still a guess ? (Arrive 6 am on a Monday and report at 9-10 am on Tuesday)

On the form it states that the notification must be made within 24 hours of arriving at the residence (i.e., not arrival at the airport.)
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Unless I missed it you haven't stated details of your situation in Thailand. Meaning here on extensions? Returning from a trip away ....what. If your living bkk and returning you do not need tm30 to CW. 

YES you do. If you leave the country and come back into Thailand, even if you are staying at the same exact address you MUST do a TM30. If not,  1,600 baht fine when you go to do an extension.

• Confused 1

YES you do. If you leave the country and come back into Thailand, even if you are staying at the same exact address you MUST do a TM30. If not,  1,600 baht fine when you go to do an extension.
Not required by Bangkok Immigration at Chaengwattana.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:Not required by Bangkok Immigration at Chaengwattana.

4 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Not required by Bangkok Immigration at Chaengwattana.

Yes I believe this is true. I asked the lawyer who handles all the expat visa stuff for my company about this recently. He is pretty plugged into Thai immigration , at  least in Chaengwattana. For now he said that TM 30 was not an issue for Bangkok residents and he had not heard of anyone (in Bangkok) having had any issues over this. Other offices however seem to have adopted a more rigorous approach to the reporting rules.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, homeseeker said:

From my reading of the above posts I take it no one can say for sure whether at CW a person needs to make a report (TM30) to immigration (yearly extension retirement/re-entry permit) on returning from a trip outside Thailand?

Did not use to. But there have been recent reports that now you do:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1074988-tm30-now-required-in-bangkok/

1 hour ago, isam4530 said:

Although the rule says "24 hours", immigration offices are not open 24/7. So at most it has to mean within 1 working day of your arrival.

Imm has no way of knowing what time your flight was. Arrival card gives only date, not time. For all they know you arrived too late on Monday to get to  their office in which  case Tuesday would be the earliest possible day to report.

I have often reported the next day, in my case it was always true that I arrived too late to do it same day, but I never had to tell them this as they never asked why I had not reported the prior day.

10 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Never been required in Bangkok. Please don't encourage CW immigration to normalise this over the top requirement. 

May already be on CW agenda. In Dec I renewed my extension and was asked for a copy of my most recent TM30. Luckily I had a copy in my stack of documents.

2 hours ago, bbi1 said:

WRONG. depends on where you live. The op is reporting at CW. Why post stuff with such authority esp when your incorrect.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, asiaexpat said:

May already be on CW agenda. In Dec I renewed my extension and was asked for a copy of my most recent TM30. Luckily I had a copy in my stack of documents.

What is your extension based on. Thinking not based on retirement?

1 hour ago, wobalt said:

It was a punishment for too late application ?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

No, it was a fine for not having done a TM30.

There have been other such reports as well. All very recent. So they may have begun enforcing this at CW.

Same has happened in other locations. My IO never enforced it, for years...then suddenly they started to.

8 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Maybe, depends where you do the Extension.

The TM30 could be deemed unnecessary by applying the information on the TM 6 submitted at the airport. It is over-policing of foreigners. The concept of knowing exactly where every one of 19 million people are, or have been, is unlikely and optimistic. 

• Like 1

On the form it states that the notification must be made within 24 hours of arriving at the residence (i.e., not arrival at the airport.)

Well done. It is too easy to look for problems and find them which accounts for so many of these posts. I expect somebody will ask about going home and leaving on a trip before twenty four hours have past!

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

WRONG. depends on where you live. The op is reporting at CW. Why post stuff with such authority esp when your incorrect.

I have stated at outset that I'm referring to CW. Why, because the op is CW. Other posts about phuket etc are irrelevant. I also posted earlier some offices require TM30.

CW DOES NOT.

10 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Did not use to. But there have been recent reports that now you do:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1074988-tm30-now-required-in-bangkok/

It appears that guy was doing an extension based on marriage. Also perhaps some other issue with paperwork. It seems in many offices some people have harder time with extensions based on marriage.

Edited by DrJack54
Error
  • Like 1

On 2/14/2019 at 3:13 PM, DrJack54 said:

One thread week or so back heading...."tm30 now required at cw". Turned out guy was on marriage extension. Also maybe something else in application caused trouble. For retirement 100% not required. 

I not do it about they told me that I not have to do it. And I do not like to do things who make no sense. May it's required - TiT ????

I live 300 days of the year in my home. And if I go away for holiday I think my home is still where I stay and report for 20 years. 

PS I understand that the goverment liks to to know where I live. They do! When I leave the country in visit the immigration and when I come back to and the have the old address on the arrival card.

Edited by Somrak