BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Thailand takes steps to improve transport safety for tourists

Thailand takes steps to improve transport safety for tourists

By Chadamas Chinmaneevong

Tour-bus-Thailand.jpg

The first round of safety standards will be first implemented for tourist buses

The Tourism Council of Thailand (TCT) is joining hands with state agencies including the Department of Land Transport, Marine Department and Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) to improve tourist safety standards nationwide and overturn perceptions of the country as a dangerous tourist destination.

TCT revealed that countries such as the UK and China have expressed concerns about their citizens travelling to Thailand amid the kingdom’s inadequate safety standards.

First to launch this April will be safety standards for tour buses. Apart from vehicle checks, bus drivers must be trained regarding tour services, have limited driving hours and drive responsibly.

Full story: https://www.ttgasia.com/2019/02/13/thailand-takes-steps-to-improve-transport-safety-for-tourists/

-- TTG Asia 2019-02-14

Checking EVERY set of brakes should be the first step !

Brake failure, my arse !

9 minutes ago, webfact said:

overturn perceptions of the country as a dangerous tourist destination.

More than perceptions,I think,

regards Worgeordie

Mini-buses are the WORST. Drivers paid to speed from job to job, no seat belts, and freely risking tourist lives and locals on the roads. No police visible on the roads that I saw from Trang to the Malay border in a minivan driven wildly by a 20 year old driver on wet roads some 6 weeks ago

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Then stop trying to find new and exciting ways to kill your tourists.

I just LOVE these joke posts. Say what? They're SERIOUS?

At least 1,000 tour buses out of 15,000 buses nationwide should meet the standards within this year, assured TCT’s vice president Wasuchet Sophonsathien.

And the other 14,000...? Oh wait, I know.

Just more hot air!!

Make an example of this jerk, show that you have some teeth!!

Saddly most mini van, bus and motor cycle drivers are finally getting the hang of this exciting new multi texting ,driving and sleeping at the same time thing....JUST DRIVE DICKWAD !!!!

I thought it was Valentines Day not Ground Hog Day. 

Typical wording "overturn perceptions of the country". Only the perception/image or other loss of face matters, not the actual true safety and responsibility on Thai roads. Social media increasingly reveals just how bad it is, but Thailand mentality just reacts *after* something goes publicly wrong via someone's "smart"phone images show up on Facebook or Instagram. Value of human life remains cheap, while perception/face-loss earns a few knee-jerk reactions, then again quietly forgotten. Damn, think I'm turning into one of those thaivisa whingers 😉 

All public transport to be fitted with emergency anchors if case of brake failure.