Printer problems, please help

scorecard

We have brother multi function printer, problem free in the past.

The feeding of data to th machine and the overall mechanical operation is good.

But suddenly print quality problems. Yesterday my son took the machine to a printer repair shop in Pantip Plaza Chiang Mai, the shop the tubing from the ink bottles (fixed on the side) to the printer heads needed cleaning which then say they did.

This morning first print is not so good, then I did a cleaning on the machine both black and colour and now the print is really bad.

Any suggestions appreciated, thanks. 

Print 14.2.      20190214_134912.jpg

Brother printer 14.2     20190214_133951.jpg

Brother ink bottles 14.2     20190214_134859.jpg

Do the cleaning cycle again. And again. And again. And again. If you do it enough the ink may start flowing properly. You may also need to clean the heads with isopropyl alcohol (or Vodka if it is more readily available).

There may also be a calibration cycle that you should try.

11 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Do the cleaning cycle again. And again. And again. And again. If you do it enough the ink may start flowing properly. You may also need to clean the heads with isopropyl alcohol (or Vodka if it is more readily available).

There may also be a calibration cycle that you should try.

Thanks, actually I have done the cleaning repeated times just keeping my fingers crossed it might work and it has, it's now much better. I'll clean again a few more times 

4 hours ago, Daffy D said:

Looks like you have air in the supply tubes:-Printer!.jpg.f720e51cbac61c22ee47dd961a154236.jpg

Place an empty syringe in the top of the tank, making an airtight seal and suck the ink back from the cartridges till the tube is free from air bubbles.

Plenty of info on YouTube.

:smile:

Thanks. As kindly suggested by KIttenKong I went through the cleaning routine many times, it now works perfectly.

2 hours ago, killerbeez said:

Going through the cleaning cycle over and over again is using up a lot of ink and if air is getting into your ink supplies, cleaning the nozzles repeatedly is a very temporary fix.

Ink for after-market tanks is very cheap. The air is probably there because the tubes have been disconnected and cleaned. Once the ink has been allowed to flow through properly the air should not be a problem.

The OP tells us that it is now working perfectly and I suggest that he waits to see if the problem comes back before doing anything else.

Archived