90 Day Reporting on Non-O Guardianship

Hi,

I'm a 54 year old British national whose staying in Thailand on a multiple entry non-O issued at the Thai embassy in London in November last year. The non O was issued based on supporting my Thai daughter. I am a single Dad. 

My 90 Day Reporting is due tomorrow. 

I tried twice to do the 90 Day Reporting online during the 7 Day window 10 days ago but it got rejected twice with no clear reason given.

I have been told by someone who claims to know what he's talking about that if I go to chaengwattana tomorrow I won't be able to do my 90 Day Reporting as with my type of visa I need to go out of the country every 90 days.

I have successfully done 90 Day Reporting on this type of visa in previous years. Have the rules changed? 

I would be very grateful if you could if someone could shed some light on this. 

Thanks. 

Sam

4 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

The only people that have to do 90 day reports are those that have one year extensions for retirement, or marriage.

If you are on an active visa, you have to leave the country every 90 days.

People on OA and Elite Visas need to do them too. They do not have to leave the country every 90 days.

Edited by jacko45k

However, given that I obtained a ONE YEAR Non-O based on supporting my Thai daughter, why can't I do 90 Day Reporting? 

I had a non-b for a year prior to my current visa but prior to that I had a multiple entry 1 year Non-O based on supporting my Thai daughter and obtained 12 months extensions for about 7 years. I was able to do 90 Day Reporting back then. Still in my passport. 

3 minutes ago, Siamesepiggster said:

However, given that I obtained a ONE YEAR Non-O based on supporting my Thai daughter, why can't I do 90 Day Reporting? 

I had a non-b for a year prior to my current visa but prior to that I had a multiple entry 1 year Non-O based on supporting my Thai daughter and obtained 12 months extensions for about 7 years. I was able to do 90 Day Reporting back then. Still in my passport. 

The two are not the same.

Your multiple entry non-o visa issued by the embassy only allows 90 day entries for one year from the date of issue. If you look at your entry stamp you will see that the admitted until date is only 90 days from the date you entered the country.

You had one year extensions of stay that allowed you to stay in the country for that year. Then you could do reports of staying longer than 90 consecutive days in the country.

1 hour ago, Siamesepiggster said:

As many have explained, you have a multiple entry non-o visa that is valid for one year from the date it was issued in November last year by the Thai Embassy in London.

If you actually look at the last entry stamp in your passport then you WILL see that this will have a date in it when you must LEAVE Thailand by, which is 89 days after you entered last.

You must now leave the country and then re-enter again in order to get a further 90 days, you cannot make a 90 day report.

Ignoring the advice of the many posters will mean that you will go on to overstay, ignore this for the next 90 days and you will be banned from entering Thailand for 12 months.

Take a look at that last entry stamp and see when you are permitted to enter until, I suspect that is today!

Edited by Mattd

Thank you for all your replies. Much appreciated. 

As I have no choice other than to leave the country and come back in again I will fly to a neighbouringcountry for a few days early next week. Might as well make a holiday of it.

My last question, do I pay my overstay fine at the passport  control desk as I leave the country or is there another desk that I need to go to first?

Thank you. 

6 minutes ago, Siamesepiggster said:

As I have no choice other than to leave the country and come back in again I will fly to a neighbouringcountry for a few days early next week. Might as well make a holiday of it.

My last question, do I pay my overstay fine at the passport  control desk as I leave the country or is there another desk that I need to go to first?

Thank you. 

The IO will direct you to the overstay desk - Make sure you leave enough time for the formalities to be completed before the flight gate is closed.

At a quick glance at the website it gives the one year impression, but it does say to check the immigration stamp, which will show the 90 days. The first ME non-O I had from March 2018, I was under the impression I could stay 1 year (but I was frequently returning to the UK anyway), it was not until September 2018, when I was talking to the Embassy staff, that they mentioned New Rule you have to leave the country every 90 days (clarified by UJoe as not a new rule...)

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84508-Non-Immigrant-visas.html

....Validity of visa and permitted length of stay....

• Multiple Entries Visa will be valid for 1 year from the date of issueYou must enter Thailand within the validity of visa.   However, the permitted length of stay is up to 1 year from the date of your arrival in Thailand. Please carefully note the immigration stamp in your passport to make sure that you do not overstay your visa.

I'll just mention here, I've just recently renewed my non-O ME, via application by post to RTE London, They would of received it before 13:00hrs Monday and Royal Mail delivered it back to the house in Scotland, just after 12:00 on the Wednesday. Superb service!

11 minutes ago, johnwf1963 said:

.Validity of visa and permitted length of stay....

• Multiple Entries Visa will be valid for 1 year from the date of issueYou must enter Thailand within the validity of visa.   However, the permitted length of stay is up to 1 year from the date of your arrival in Thailand. Please carefully note the immigration stamp in your passport to make sure that you do not overstay your visa.

The is certainly an error. Only a non immigrant OA visa allows a stay of one year. 

The one above it for a single entry visa is correct in that it says 90 days.

The MFA website does state it correctly. http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908/15398-Issuance-of-Visa.html

image.png.19838a66e3420eff4ce6b4494a633c36.png

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Siamesepiggster said:

Thank you. 

You do have another choice. You can go to your local immigration office and apply for a 60 day extension of stay (1,900 baht) to visit your daughter.

No financials are needed. Your daughter would need to go with you and you’d need her birth certificate and a copy of her house registration book (Tabian Baan).

25 minutes ago, elviajero said:

No financials are needed. Your daughter would need to go with you and you’d need her birth certificate and a copy of her house registration book (Tabian Baan).

what if your daughter was not physically capable of accompanying you?